300GD no electrical power

300GD no electrical power

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

bullonezero
Naturally-aspirated

08-18-2017, 02:38 PM #1
Hello Folks,

Please help

After having successfully started then turned off (300GD) briefly; I went to start it again, and:
1. I was holding the (manual) glow plug (push button) switch down, after ~7 secs
2. I cranked the engine (while holding glow plug switch down--possibly dumb move)
3. After ~ 2 secs of cranking a slight 'pop' noise (like a large fuze was blown) came from inside dashboard, (or possibly under the hood though unlikely as it wasn't loud).
4. ALL electrical power from vehicle cut out. No burning smell. Fuzes appear intact, battery has plenty of charge
5. When rotating ignition switch to 1st or 2nd position No electrical power.

Any ideas where to start?
This post was last modified: 08-18-2017, 02:41 PM by bullonezero.
bullonezero
08-18-2017, 02:38 PM #1

Hello Folks,

Please help

After having successfully started then turned off (300GD) briefly; I went to start it again, and:
1. I was holding the (manual) glow plug (push button) switch down, after ~7 secs
2. I cranked the engine (while holding glow plug switch down--possibly dumb move)
3. After ~ 2 secs of cranking a slight 'pop' noise (like a large fuze was blown) came from inside dashboard, (or possibly under the hood though unlikely as it wasn't loud).
4. ALL electrical power from vehicle cut out. No burning smell. Fuzes appear intact, battery has plenty of charge
5. When rotating ignition switch to 1st or 2nd position No electrical power.

Any ideas where to start?

fordheaded
K26-2

08-18-2017, 07:37 PM #2
Start with the simple stuff first; battery terminals, chassis or engine ground(where the negative wire from battery terminates), starter solenoid, and the starter connections. Make sure all wires are in good shape, too.
fordheaded
08-18-2017, 07:37 PM #2

Start with the simple stuff first; battery terminals, chassis or engine ground(where the negative wire from battery terminates), starter solenoid, and the starter connections. Make sure all wires are in good shape, too.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average