STD Tuning Engine Glow plugs lubed with copper grease

Glow plugs lubed with copper grease

Glow plugs lubed with copper grease

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

addi.bigg
OM605; 7,5mm elements

08-15-2017, 02:09 PM #1
I've changed my glow plugs in my OM605 and lubed them with copper grease. Is that ok, or I made it wrong because didn't calculate with galvanic corrosion?
addi.bigg
08-15-2017, 02:09 PM #1

I've changed my glow plugs in my OM605 and lubed them with copper grease. Is that ok, or I made it wrong because didn't calculate with galvanic corrosion?

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

08-15-2017, 08:17 PM #2
Copper is good, you will be happy when you remove them

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
08-15-2017, 08:17 PM #2

Copper is good, you will be happy when you remove them

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

barrote
Superturbo

08-16-2017, 01:36 AM #3
Hy there,
The thing behind stuck glow plugs is:
The machine tool that mb use to cut the glow plug seat, most often does not cut a perfect seat.
On the other hand usually people do not tight the plug enough to seal properly. Result is carbon deposit between the wall and the plug body which stucks the plug.
Solution:
1 use glow plug sealant. And tight properly, remove and retight.
2 use locktite at the plug tip and grease the body. Tight properly.

Good luck.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
08-16-2017, 01:36 AM #3

Hy there,
The machine tool that mb use to cut the glow plug seat, most often does not cut a perfect seat.
On the other hand usually people do not tight the plug enough to seal properly. Result is carbon deposit between the wall and the plug body which stucks the plug.
Solution:

Good luck.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

addi.bigg
OM605; 7,5mm elements

08-16-2017, 01:57 AM #4
(08-16-2017, 01:36 AM)barrote Hy there,
Solution:

Good luck.

I've used torque wrench, so those are tightened properly. The question is copper is OK or not because it will harm aluminium?
addi.bigg
08-16-2017, 01:57 AM #4

(08-16-2017, 01:36 AM)barrote Hy there,
Solution:

Good luck.

I've used torque wrench, so those are tightened properly. The question is copper is OK or not because it will harm aluminium?

barrote
Superturbo

08-16-2017, 05:03 AM #5
As off me i would use any grease, thats what i do when run out off glow plug sealant...
About cooper based grease eating aluminium without mech friction i did not knew about...
The proper tight i was talking about is not the use of spec tq value, is about plug seat contact, u have to make sure it happen, cause u may be deceived by thread drag or debris, and with or without grease they will stuck again.
Thats why i glue them with thread sealant, only the seat hehe

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
08-16-2017, 05:03 AM #5

As off me i would use any grease, thats what i do when run out off glow plug sealant...
About cooper based grease eating aluminium without mech friction i did not knew about...
The proper tight i was talking about is not the use of spec tq value, is about plug seat contact, u have to make sure it happen, cause u may be deceived by thread drag or debris, and with or without grease they will stuck again.
Thats why i glue them with thread sealant, only the seat hehe

FD,