STD Tuning Drivetrain 722.6 torque converter drain plug

722.6 torque converter drain plug

722.6 torque converter drain plug

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

street_666
Hx55

08-07-2017, 03:48 PM #1
Hi
Recently I bought an w211 with automatic transmision 722.6, and I want to change all of oils from car.
For that moment I change engine oil , stering oil and diff oil.
But there's no drain plug for torque converter and I can't change all of the oil from tranny.

Do have any one knowledge or photos where can I  drill safely a hole and maybe weld an flat modder.
I am gonna measure all weight's and weld counter weight on other site.
Continuous flush is very expensive at my region.
street_666
08-07-2017, 03:48 PM #1

Hi
Recently I bought an w211 with automatic transmision 722.6, and I want to change all of oils from car.
For that moment I change engine oil , stering oil and diff oil.
But there's no drain plug for torque converter and I can't change all of the oil from tranny.

Do have any one knowledge or photos where can I  drill safely a hole and maybe weld an flat modder.
I am gonna measure all weight's and weld counter weight on other site.
Continuous flush is very expensive at my region.

Anjay1
K26-2

08-08-2017, 03:38 PM #2
I woldnt drill. But is your call. You can do it without draing torque converter. Empty oil pan and change filter. Fill the trany to proper level . Start engine and shift throw all gears. Drain oil pan again and refil. This way you get rid of most of used oil.
This post was last modified: 08-08-2017, 09:14 PM by Anjay1.
Anjay1
08-08-2017, 03:38 PM #2

I woldnt drill. But is your call. You can do it without draing torque converter. Empty oil pan and change filter. Fill the trany to proper level . Start engine and shift throw all gears. Drain oil pan again and refil. This way you get rid of most of used oil.

Sultzi
GT2256V

08-09-2017, 03:00 AM #3
That's not the way of doing it.

You simply drain old out, put new filter and gasket and also that electrical plug. Then you take off the cooler line from the passenger side (same side where the electrical plug is), this is the return line from the cooler back to the box. I myself use double banjo bolt which is welded shut from the end, you just screw this on the original cooler line banjo fitting with the double lenght banjo bolt and hose fitting banjo end. This basically forces all the fluid to come out of the banjo fitting where you have a hose. Then you simply put 5-6l correct oil in the box and start the car and take out as much oil as it gets to bright red again (you probably need to add more fluid when doing this, you can take out 3-4l and turn of the car and add some more). Depenging on the box and how dirty the oil is this might take from 10l all the way to 15-16l (oil here starts around ~10e per litre). You can do this way even if you have the drain plug in the converter, there is always some old fluid in the cooler etc.

This is also very tidy way of doing it, some people just let the banjo fitting loose or take it off completely.

If you don't wan't to flush it, pretty much useless to change small amount of fluid. Yes it's little bit expensive due the oil quantity, but also replacement box is expensive later on Big Grin
This post was last modified: 08-09-2017, 03:03 AM by Sultzi.
Sultzi
08-09-2017, 03:00 AM #3

That's not the way of doing it.

You simply drain old out, put new filter and gasket and also that electrical plug. Then you take off the cooler line from the passenger side (same side where the electrical plug is), this is the return line from the cooler back to the box. I myself use double banjo bolt which is welded shut from the end, you just screw this on the original cooler line banjo fitting with the double lenght banjo bolt and hose fitting banjo end. This basically forces all the fluid to come out of the banjo fitting where you have a hose. Then you simply put 5-6l correct oil in the box and start the car and take out as much oil as it gets to bright red again (you probably need to add more fluid when doing this, you can take out 3-4l and turn of the car and add some more). Depenging on the box and how dirty the oil is this might take from 10l all the way to 15-16l (oil here starts around ~10e per litre). You can do this way even if you have the drain plug in the converter, there is always some old fluid in the cooler etc.

This is also very tidy way of doing it, some people just let the banjo fitting loose or take it off completely.

If you don't wan't to flush it, pretty much useless to change small amount of fluid. Yes it's little bit expensive due the oil quantity, but also replacement box is expensive later on Big Grin

street_666
Hx55

08-09-2017, 12:54 PM #4
(08-09-2017, 03:00 AM)Sultzi That's not the way of doing it.

Any photos?
street_666
08-09-2017, 12:54 PM #4

(08-09-2017, 03:00 AM)Sultzi That's not the way of doing it.

Any photos?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average