STD Tuning Engine Looking for opinions

Looking for opinions

Looking for opinions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

the D
K26-2

06-04-2017, 11:28 AM #1
Unfortunately my car doesn't care about any plans I had for it and the prechambers have started to leak enough that it runs terribly. I can limp it around for a few days but later in the week I'm going to tear it apart and clean all the carbon out and replace the glow plugs. 

The question I have is this. Do the prechambers ever need to be replaced or just removed, cleaned, & reassembled? Or is it purely happenstance if one needs replaced?

There's only one leaking badly enough to cause any running problems but a few more have some goo starting to form around them. My plan has changed a few times for this because my wife is going back to work this week and won't get a paycheck for a few weeks. My plan was to just tear it apart and replace all the chambers after we had some $$ in the bank but now I'm hoping I can Justin clean all the carbon out, clean the chambers up real nice, replace the glow plugs, and continue driving until I have an engine swap plan in place(and a second car/truck).

I can't tear it apart, inspect, then order parts. I can't be without my car for that long. This needs to be one continuous process. So, do I bite the bullet and replace them, just replace the one leaking badly, or  clean everything really well and reassemble?
the D
06-04-2017, 11:28 AM #1

Unfortunately my car doesn't care about any plans I had for it and the prechambers have started to leak enough that it runs terribly. I can limp it around for a few days but later in the week I'm going to tear it apart and clean all the carbon out and replace the glow plugs. 

The question I have is this. Do the prechambers ever need to be replaced or just removed, cleaned, & reassembled? Or is it purely happenstance if one needs replaced?

There's only one leaking badly enough to cause any running problems but a few more have some goo starting to form around them. My plan has changed a few times for this because my wife is going back to work this week and won't get a paycheck for a few weeks. My plan was to just tear it apart and replace all the chambers after we had some $$ in the bank but now I'm hoping I can Justin clean all the carbon out, clean the chambers up real nice, replace the glow plugs, and continue driving until I have an engine swap plan in place(and a second car/truck).

I can't tear it apart, inspect, then order parts. I can't be without my car for that long. This needs to be one continuous process. So, do I bite the bullet and replace them, just replace the one leaking badly, or  clean everything really well and reassemble?

Hercules
GT2559V

06-05-2017, 12:21 PM #2
Question; are the (prechambers) leaking or are you referring to the fuel injectors?
Hercules
06-05-2017, 12:21 PM #2

Question; are the (prechambers) leaking or are you referring to the fuel injectors?

raysorenson
Superturbo

06-06-2017, 05:10 PM #3
I've never personally experienced a leaking PC but goo doesn't sound like a typical symptom.
raysorenson
06-06-2017, 05:10 PM #3

I've never personally experienced a leaking PC but goo doesn't sound like a typical symptom.

Austincarnut
Holset

06-06-2017, 08:31 PM #4
(06-04-2017, 11:28 AM)the D Unfortunately my car doesn't care about any plans I had for it and the prechambers have started to leak enough that it runs terribly. I can limp it around for a few days but later in the week I'm going to tear it apart and clean all the carbon out and replace the glow plugs. 

what car/engine are you talking about?
Austincarnut
06-06-2017, 08:31 PM #4

(06-04-2017, 11:28 AM)the D Unfortunately my car doesn't care about any plans I had for it and the prechambers have started to leak enough that it runs terribly. I can limp it around for a few days but later in the week I'm going to tear it apart and clean all the carbon out and replace the glow plugs. 

what car/engine are you talking about?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average