STD Tuning Engine FPR connection (603 filter)

FPR connection (603 filter)

FPR connection (603 filter)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TomasMB
Naturally-aspirated

05-25-2017, 05:53 AM #1
Hi, could you instruct me about connection of fuel pressure regulator ?
God Meken told us, that presure for his new pumps should be about constant 1,5 bar.
So i bought 044 lift pump and FPR, but im pretty not sure where to put that FPR.

picture here:
http://tomasmb.rajce.idnes.cz/FPR/#DSC_2379.jpg
[Image: #DSC_2379.jpg]
This post was last modified: 05-25-2017, 05:55 AM by TomasMB.
TomasMB
05-25-2017, 05:53 AM #1

Hi, could you instruct me about connection of fuel pressure regulator ?
God Meken told us, that presure for his new pumps should be about constant 1,5 bar.
So i bought 044 lift pump and FPR, but im pretty not sure where to put that FPR.

picture here:
http://tomasmb.rajce.idnes.cz/FPR/#DSC_2379.jpg
[Image: #DSC_2379.jpg]

Jonas
Naturally-aspirated

05-25-2017, 06:06 AM #2
In my opinion there is no need to change pump the orginal lift pump makes aprox 1.0bar no need for more pressure. If you are going beyond 400hp then you can think about changing the orginal lift pump.
Jonas
05-25-2017, 06:06 AM #2

In my opinion there is no need to change pump the orginal lift pump makes aprox 1.0bar no need for more pressure. If you are going beyond 400hp then you can think about changing the orginal lift pump.

Sultzi
GT2256V

05-25-2017, 08:53 AM #3
I have connected the fpr in the line between injection pump out port and filter housing back port. And then replaced that filter housing back ports banjo bolt with regular bolt, so only return line to the tank leaves from the fpr. Also overflow from the injectors is after the fpr in the original place and fitting (where is that regular bolt instead of banjo bolt).

Hope you understand Smile
Sultzi
05-25-2017, 08:53 AM #3

I have connected the fpr in the line between injection pump out port and filter housing back port. And then replaced that filter housing back ports banjo bolt with regular bolt, so only return line to the tank leaves from the fpr. Also overflow from the injectors is after the fpr in the original place and fitting (where is that regular bolt instead of banjo bolt).

Hope you understand Smile

TomasMB
Naturally-aspirated

05-25-2017, 05:00 PM #4
If i understand correctly, this is the right way:

Picture:

http://tomasmb.rajce.idnes.cz/FPR/#FPR_1_STD.jpg

Yep?
Thanks a lot. Shy
TomasMB
05-25-2017, 05:00 PM #4

If i understand correctly, this is the right way:

Picture:

http://tomasmb.rajce.idnes.cz/FPR/#FPR_1_STD.jpg

Yep?
Thanks a lot. Shy

Sultzi
GT2256V

05-27-2017, 04:14 AM #5
I have the fpr in the place of number "4" in the line and that number "5" which is overflow from the injectors goes to stock place in the fuel filter housing. I just have replaced that fuel filter housing "back" port banjo bolt with normal bolt so there is no connection to inside the fuel filter housing anymore.

I mean this connection -> http://www.benzworld.org/forums/attachme...ad-002.jpg and replaced that banjo bolt with regular bolt (with correct thread) and route the line from the fpr to the other connection on the fitting and return line leaves from the another barb to the tank. And overflow from the injectors is connected as stock.

You can do this probably another way too, like you draw, but I did this way (easier to connect that overflow).
This post was last modified: 05-27-2017, 04:16 AM by Sultzi.
Sultzi
05-27-2017, 04:14 AM #5

I have the fpr in the place of number "4" in the line and that number "5" which is overflow from the injectors goes to stock place in the fuel filter housing. I just have replaced that fuel filter housing "back" port banjo bolt with normal bolt so there is no connection to inside the fuel filter housing anymore.

I mean this connection -> http://www.benzworld.org/forums/attachme...ad-002.jpg and replaced that banjo bolt with regular bolt (with correct thread) and route the line from the fpr to the other connection on the fitting and return line leaves from the another barb to the tank. And overflow from the injectors is connected as stock.

You can do this probably another way too, like you draw, but I did this way (easier to connect that overflow).

whipplem104
Holset

05-27-2017, 09:38 AM #6
This is much easier than all of this. Just hook up the lines all stock with the stock banjo bolt and all. You simply put the FPR before the filter so that you are regulating the fuel into the system. We did ours all in the rear of the car and I simply tee'd in at the return line to the tank and so all the return flow from the regulator is going straight back into the tank. All the lines in the engine bay are configured as stock.
If I could I would have the return from the FPR go straight into the tank in a separate line. I worry about having an increase in the return line pressure and causing issues on that side. But so far I have not seen an issue.
This way you are also not running full fuel volume that the pump runs through the filter all the time. The filter can just barely handle the amount of fuel that an 044 can run at full tilt. As the filter gets clogged up under normal conditions if you are regulation pressure downtstream instead of upstream you are going to increase pressure at the inlet to the filter.
whipplem104
05-27-2017, 09:38 AM #6

This is much easier than all of this. Just hook up the lines all stock with the stock banjo bolt and all. You simply put the FPR before the filter so that you are regulating the fuel into the system. We did ours all in the rear of the car and I simply tee'd in at the return line to the tank and so all the return flow from the regulator is going straight back into the tank. All the lines in the engine bay are configured as stock.
If I could I would have the return from the FPR go straight into the tank in a separate line. I worry about having an increase in the return line pressure and causing issues on that side. But so far I have not seen an issue.
This way you are also not running full fuel volume that the pump runs through the filter all the time. The filter can just barely handle the amount of fuel that an 044 can run at full tilt. As the filter gets clogged up under normal conditions if you are regulation pressure downtstream instead of upstream you are going to increase pressure at the inlet to the filter.

TomasMB
Naturally-aspirated

05-31-2017, 05:20 PM #7
Well, thank you for valuable answers Smile . I drew both yours solutions for better understanding, and both looks fine.
Anyone else has any working solution?
I´m still thinking about best way...
TomasMB
05-31-2017, 05:20 PM #7

Well, thank you for valuable answers Smile . I drew both yours solutions for better understanding, and both looks fine.
Anyone else has any working solution?
I´m still thinking about best way...

Hario'
C300TD Wagon (W202)

06-01-2017, 09:25 AM #8
[Image: fpr%20tee.jpg]

I am fitting fpr downstream of IP to get best regulated pressure like on petrol system fuel rail. Like so:

[Image: fpr%20diagram.jpg]

Installing..

[Image: fpr%20mounted.jpg]

Injector leakoff will tee in downstream of fpr with this:
This post was last modified: 06-01-2017, 09:33 AM by Hario'.

Installed:

OM606/722.6, big IC, W220 brakes.
Planned:
DIY manifold, compound, 722.6 controller, built IP.
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]
Hario'
06-01-2017, 09:25 AM #8

[Image: fpr%20tee.jpg]

I am fitting fpr downstream of IP to get best regulated pressure like on petrol system fuel rail. Like so:

[Image: fpr%20diagram.jpg]

Installing..

[Image: fpr%20mounted.jpg]

Injector leakoff will tee in downstream of fpr with this:

Installed:

OM606/722.6, big IC, W220 brakes.
Planned:
DIY manifold, compound, 722.6 controller, built IP.
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average