STD Tuning Engine Engine Blew Again - Am I doing something wrong?

Engine Blew Again - Am I doing something wrong?

Engine Blew Again - Am I doing something wrong?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

hummermaniac88
GTA2056V

05-23-2017, 07:56 PM #1
So I'm on engine number 2 and it just blew. 

First engine it had a leaky injector and caused the prechamber to exploded into little pieces.

Now here is my second engine - it didn't exactly bow up, it has low compression on bottom end. Prior to putting it into my car, I checked for compression and everything was A-OK.

I rebuilt my injectors and it ran fine until it started to run like nails. My pump is far too rich, I know that 220cc, is that the cause. I'm about to call it quits, but if it's a the pump that's just far too rich, I'll rebuild the bottom end and put the stock pump back.

Anyone can give me some advise or insight? I was under the impression that OM606 are very strong engines that can take some pushing.

Thanks guys, I'm in a dark dark rabbit hole.
hummermaniac88
05-23-2017, 07:56 PM #1

So I'm on engine number 2 and it just blew. 

First engine it had a leaky injector and caused the prechamber to exploded into little pieces.

Now here is my second engine - it didn't exactly bow up, it has low compression on bottom end. Prior to putting it into my car, I checked for compression and everything was A-OK.

I rebuilt my injectors and it ran fine until it started to run like nails. My pump is far too rich, I know that 220cc, is that the cause. I'm about to call it quits, but if it's a the pump that's just far too rich, I'll rebuild the bottom end and put the stock pump back.

Anyone can give me some advise or insight? I was under the impression that OM606 are very strong engines that can take some pushing.

Thanks guys, I'm in a dark dark rabbit hole.

AlanMcR
mind - blown

05-23-2017, 08:54 PM #2
With that amount of flow you may be washing down the cylinder walls and wrecking the rings.
AlanMcR
05-23-2017, 08:54 PM #2

With that amount of flow you may be washing down the cylinder walls and wrecking the rings.

awsrock
300SDL / HX30 / 90cc

05-23-2017, 09:36 PM #3
Are you able to turn the fuel down via external alda?
awsrock
05-23-2017, 09:36 PM #3

Are you able to turn the fuel down via external alda?

NW124
Naturally-aspirated

05-23-2017, 10:26 PM #4
If it's a .962 and your not revving over 6k, beating the living daylights out it everyday or staying around 900C for prolonged period of times this engine should not let you down. Obviously there are STD's with 400k kilometers with similar setups without issues and there is the possibility you had bad engines to start with but two engines is uncharacteristic in a G Wagen. 220CC of fuel with an HX40 would billow smoke and generate a lot of heat and if you were going above 900C for long period of time maybe something could have caused the issues your experiencing. Then the  only questions I would have for you is your exhaust configuration down pipe all the way back, your intercooler setup, timing on your pump and engine timing. Back pressure no bueno, heat no bueno and bad timing no bueno. And I always will recommend Dieselmeken build the pumps even though it's a hassle shipping because you can rest easy the pump was set properly in all aspects. As for our local STD we ran 220CC Dieselmeken superstroker at the full 220CC with 1bar of boost till 3.5bar of boost 6000-6500k rpm with maybe 12-15 dyno pulls going over 900C on occasions and tracked it and just beat the *{<+ out of it without an issue. So you'll find my reluctance with blaming the engine right off the bat. Fix it up look at the back pressures, heat and timing.
NW124
05-23-2017, 10:26 PM #4

If it's a .962 and your not revving over 6k, beating the living daylights out it everyday or staying around 900C for prolonged period of times this engine should not let you down. Obviously there are STD's with 400k kilometers with similar setups without issues and there is the possibility you had bad engines to start with but two engines is uncharacteristic in a G Wagen. 220CC of fuel with an HX40 would billow smoke and generate a lot of heat and if you were going above 900C for long period of time maybe something could have caused the issues your experiencing. Then the  only questions I would have for you is your exhaust configuration down pipe all the way back, your intercooler setup, timing on your pump and engine timing. Back pressure no bueno, heat no bueno and bad timing no bueno. And I always will recommend Dieselmeken build the pumps even though it's a hassle shipping because you can rest easy the pump was set properly in all aspects. As for our local STD we ran 220CC Dieselmeken superstroker at the full 220CC with 1bar of boost till 3.5bar of boost 6000-6500k rpm with maybe 12-15 dyno pulls going over 900C on occasions and tracked it and just beat the *{<+ out of it without an issue. So you'll find my reluctance with blaming the engine right off the bat. Fix it up look at the back pressures, heat and timing.

atypicalguy
Holset

05-24-2017, 12:34 AM #5
Without some timing, temperature and pressure data from your setup, this is just asking for people to guess what is going on. Get a data logger and some sensors. Doing it without measuring is pretty bold.
atypicalguy
05-24-2017, 12:34 AM #5

Without some timing, temperature and pressure data from your setup, this is just asking for people to guess what is going on. Get a data logger and some sensors. Doing it without measuring is pretty bold.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average