STD Tuning Engine t3/t4 ball bearing hybrid om617 ? (for cheap)

t3/t4 ball bearing hybrid om617 ? (for cheap)

t3/t4 ball bearing hybrid om617 ? (for cheap)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ShereKhan
Unregistered

05-14-2017, 11:39 AM #1
I got a bone stock 300d with unknown mileage. I want a ball bearing t4 compressor on that turbo. Is there a chra part number for a t3, or even a Chinese imitation ? I desire a strong takeoff since everything else is geared like a tractor. quick early boost Big Grin
ShereKhan
05-14-2017, 11:39 AM #1

I got a bone stock 300d with unknown mileage. I want a ball bearing t4 compressor on that turbo. Is there a chra part number for a t3, or even a Chinese imitation ? I desire a strong takeoff since everything else is geared like a tractor. quick early boost Big Grin

R-3350
Dreaming of compounds

05-14-2017, 03:23 PM #2
the stock t3 is one of the smallest t3 frame turbos they made if you want something with more low down torque and early spool you need something smaller than a t3. also a ball bearing doesn't help spool rpm that much its mostly only good for rapid transient spool changes like road racing or autocross (plus theres still a lot of evidence that they suffer from durability issues with the exception of top end models like the GTX or EFR). i would look at at gt22 series turbo or a holset HE221W or a MHI TD04HL-19T for bottom end. this is all based on you having a stock pump if you upgrade you can get away with a bigger turbo and keep some early spool due to the increased fuel mass helping to spin up the larger turbine.
R-3350
05-14-2017, 03:23 PM #2

the stock t3 is one of the smallest t3 frame turbos they made if you want something with more low down torque and early spool you need something smaller than a t3. also a ball bearing doesn't help spool rpm that much its mostly only good for rapid transient spool changes like road racing or autocross (plus theres still a lot of evidence that they suffer from durability issues with the exception of top end models like the GTX or EFR). i would look at at gt22 series turbo or a holset HE221W or a MHI TD04HL-19T for bottom end. this is all based on you having a stock pump if you upgrade you can get away with a bigger turbo and keep some early spool due to the increased fuel mass helping to spin up the larger turbine.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average