STD Tuning Engine help!!!!!!

help!!!!!!

help!!!!!!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Val7
K26-2

05-02-2017, 07:34 PM #1
Hey guys I need some advice, I accidently poured 2 gallons of gas into my 1999 e300td om606. I plan on Topping it off with diesel and add some power service will the car be fine or do I need to get it drained?
Val7
05-02-2017, 07:34 PM #1

Hey guys I need some advice, I accidently poured 2 gallons of gas into my 1999 e300td om606. I plan on Topping it off with diesel and add some power service will the car be fine or do I need to get it drained?

R-3350
Dreaming of compounds

05-02-2017, 07:53 PM #2
i might recommend filling the tank with as much bio diesel as you can get as it is significantly more lubricating than strait dyno-d. as long as you add some cetane booster and some lubricant additive such as bio-d you will probably be ok
R-3350
05-02-2017, 07:53 PM #2

i might recommend filling the tank with as much bio diesel as you can get as it is significantly more lubricating than strait dyno-d. as long as you add some cetane booster and some lubricant additive such as bio-d you will probably be ok

Val7
K26-2

05-02-2017, 07:56 PM #3
(05-02-2017, 07:53 PM)R-3350 i might recommend filling the tank with as much bio diesel as you can get as it is significantly more lubricating than strait dyno-d. as long as you add some cetane booster and some lubricant additive such as bio-d you will probably be ok

Thanks will do that
Val7
05-02-2017, 07:56 PM #3

(05-02-2017, 07:53 PM)R-3350 i might recommend filling the tank with as much bio diesel as you can get as it is significantly more lubricating than strait dyno-d. as long as you add some cetane booster and some lubricant additive such as bio-d you will probably be ok

Thanks will do that

barrote
Superturbo

05-02-2017, 09:58 PM #4
Ahrg .... come on!!!
I lost track of howany liters of aviation gasoline mine burned mixed with other burning stuff..... don't use vegetable oil... that kills your rings overtime.
If u add half tank gas, fill the rest with premium diesel and 5 liters mineral motor oil.
It will fine afterwards

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
05-02-2017, 09:58 PM #4

Ahrg .... come on!!!
I lost track of howany liters of aviation gasoline mine burned mixed with other burning stuff..... don't use vegetable oil... that kills your rings overtime.
If u add half tank gas, fill the rest with premium diesel and 5 liters mineral motor oil.
It will fine afterwards

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

R-3350
Dreaming of compounds

05-02-2017, 11:11 PM #5
for a good 4 months i was running on contaminated jet fuel (jet A) and type FA automatic transmission fluid i got from an airport trying to get rid of it so im all for running what you can if it works and is free.
i recommend the bio diesel because its typically available commonly in california and will help up the lubricity of the gas mix you could also use two stroke oil. bio-d is high cetane too so it will help smooth out the issues caused by a comparatively high octane fuel like gas (the cetane rating is basically the opposite of octane rating)
R-3350
05-02-2017, 11:11 PM #5

for a good 4 months i was running on contaminated jet fuel (jet A) and type FA automatic transmission fluid i got from an airport trying to get rid of it so im all for running what you can if it works and is free.
i recommend the bio diesel because its typically available commonly in california and will help up the lubricity of the gas mix you could also use two stroke oil. bio-d is high cetane too so it will help smooth out the issues caused by a comparatively high octane fuel like gas (the cetane rating is basically the opposite of octane rating)

barrote
Superturbo

05-03-2017, 01:05 AM #6
I. agree. I've burned many liters of jet a too.
The best mix is skydroll or any hyd oil and jet and diesel.
In iqual parts. MB late 4 valve don't like mixtures due to ring clearence. I' found the hard way.
Normally the subproduct of combusting this mixtures lead to soot. It get trapped in the ring grooves. Fue to lack of clearence with the ring. In time it start pushing the rings ouwards against cylinders, wearing both ring and cylinder.
But in 100.000 km one can dave enough money to buy 2 cars and 2 engines for each... at least in europe

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
05-03-2017, 01:05 AM #6

I. agree. I've burned many liters of jet a too.
The best mix is skydroll or any hyd oil and jet and diesel.
In iqual parts. MB late 4 valve don't like mixtures due to ring clearence. I' found the hard way.
Normally the subproduct of combusting this mixtures lead to soot. It get trapped in the ring grooves. Fue to lack of clearence with the ring. In time it start pushing the rings ouwards against cylinders, wearing both ring and cylinder.
But in 100.000 km one can dave enough money to buy 2 cars and 2 engines for each... at least in europe

FD,