STD Tuning Engine Edc injector pump issues

Edc injector pump issues

Edc injector pump issues

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

hooblah
Holset

04-24-2017, 11:34 AM #1
I was wondering if there was anyone with enough knowledge here to identify the cause of my problem. 

I have a w210 with a 606 and it doesn't want to run. It worked one day and not the next day. I've eliminated everything bar the shutoff valve and injector pump. I have an electric pump forcing fuel into the filter and the SOV but there doesn't seem to be much fuel coming out of the pump. 
I have changed the filter for a new one. The o ring behind he SOV has not been changed yet but i don't see how it could cause this issue. The most likely situation is that the IP is fucked but I dont have much experience with them so I can't say for sure. 

Here's a vid:

This post was last modified: 04-24-2017, 11:39 AM by hooblah.
hooblah
04-24-2017, 11:34 AM #1

I was wondering if there was anyone with enough knowledge here to identify the cause of my problem. 

I have a w210 with a 606 and it doesn't want to run. It worked one day and not the next day. I've eliminated everything bar the shutoff valve and injector pump. I have an electric pump forcing fuel into the filter and the SOV but there doesn't seem to be much fuel coming out of the pump. 
I have changed the filter for a new one. The o ring behind he SOV has not been changed yet but i don't see how it could cause this issue. The most likely situation is that the IP is fucked but I dont have much experience with them so I can't say for sure. 

Here's a vid:

barrote
Superturbo

04-24-2017, 01:53 PM #2
Immo. Remove it... see what hapens...

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
04-24-2017, 01:53 PM #2

Immo. Remove it... see what hapens...

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

AlanMcR
mind - blown

04-24-2017, 02:06 PM #3
(04-24-2017, 11:34 AM)hooblah I was wondering if there was anyone with enough knowledge here to identify the cause of my problem. 

Here's a vid:

Seems unlikely that this is an immobilizer problem.  You can always rule that out by checking the vehicle with the STAR system.  If that is clear then you know this some sort of fuel injection problem. 

The usual reason is air in the lines.  It takes very little air in the lines to keep the engine from running.  The usual process is:
1) Replace all the o-rings, including the delivery valve seals.  The o-ring around the SOV can and will cause this, but you should have seen diesel leaking out of there there when the engine was running.
2) re-attach the lines leaving them slightly leaky at the injector end. 
3) crank until diesel leaks out of all of the loose lines.
4) tighten the lines
5) crank again and it should start soon.

Starting a dry OM606 is a lesson in patience.
AlanMcR
04-24-2017, 02:06 PM #3

(04-24-2017, 11:34 AM)hooblah I was wondering if there was anyone with enough knowledge here to identify the cause of my problem. 

Here's a vid:

Seems unlikely that this is an immobilizer problem.  You can always rule that out by checking the vehicle with the STAR system.  If that is clear then you know this some sort of fuel injection problem. 

The usual reason is air in the lines.  It takes very little air in the lines to keep the engine from running.  The usual process is:
1) Replace all the o-rings, including the delivery valve seals.  The o-ring around the SOV can and will cause this, but you should have seen diesel leaking out of there there when the engine was running.
2) re-attach the lines leaving them slightly leaky at the injector end. 
3) crank until diesel leaks out of all of the loose lines.
4) tighten the lines
5) crank again and it should start soon.

Starting a dry OM606 is a lesson in patience.

hooblah
Holset

04-24-2017, 02:54 PM #4
The immo is fine. The SOV clicks when you turn the key, and then clicks again after 30 secs.

The SOV or delivery valves aren't leaking from what I can tell. I will be replacing the SOV seal tomorrow. I will replace the DV seals once I get it running. I can't see that being the reason why there's nothing coming out.
hooblah
04-24-2017, 02:54 PM #4

The immo is fine. The SOV clicks when you turn the key, and then clicks again after 30 secs.

The SOV or delivery valves aren't leaking from what I can tell. I will be replacing the SOV seal tomorrow. I will replace the DV seals once I get it running. I can't see that being the reason why there's nothing coming out.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average