STD Tuning Engine Clacky Om606

Clacky Om606

Clacky Om606

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ho55
GTA2056V

04-17-2017, 07:45 AM #1
Since i got my donor motor fired up, its been a bit clacky/knocky on the rear end on idle but smooths out over 1500 rpm.
I dont think it was this way in the donor car, but that did have better sound insulation.

Recently i did a diesel purge, and while it was running on the purge fluid the knocking was gone, but after putting back on diesel it was back.
Does this give any clues to anybody?

I have not done any timing checks or checked the injectors as yet. Its a electronic ECU.
ho55
04-17-2017, 07:45 AM #1

Since i got my donor motor fired up, its been a bit clacky/knocky on the rear end on idle but smooths out over 1500 rpm.
I dont think it was this way in the donor car, but that did have better sound insulation.

Recently i did a diesel purge, and while it was running on the purge fluid the knocking was gone, but after putting back on diesel it was back.
Does this give any clues to anybody?

I have not done any timing checks or checked the injectors as yet. Its a electronic ECU.

Sultzi
GT2256V

04-17-2017, 08:26 AM #2
Could be bad injector or dirt gone to injector, they can keep pretty bad noises.
Sultzi
04-17-2017, 08:26 AM #2

Could be bad injector or dirt gone to injector, they can keep pretty bad noises.

barrote
Superturbo

04-17-2017, 10:20 AM #3
Open lines one by one to diagnose if its injection related. Could be tappet related or even valve...
If its injector, have them cleanened and repoped. Delivery valves cleaned and holder washers and O rings done.
If its tappet is a lot more dirty and time expensive. Valve is even worst .

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
04-17-2017, 10:20 AM #3

Open lines one by one to diagnose if its injection related. Could be tappet related or even valve...
If its injector, have them cleanened and repoped. Delivery valves cleaned and holder washers and O rings done.
If its tappet is a lot more dirty and time expensive. Valve is even worst .

FD,