STD Other FS / WTB / Buying guides Adjustable Waste gate for HX30W

Adjustable Waste gate for HX30W

Adjustable Waste gate for HX30W

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Austincarnut
Holset

04-16-2017, 10:00 AM #1
I have come to the conclusion i'm over boosting and need to drop the max boost pressure.  As much fun as it is to hear the engine scream at >25psi, I am looking for an adjustable waste gate that will work on a HX30W.  I have been driving with a weak clutch that I haven't yet addressed and I know once I have a solid connection through the clutch I will break something.  I have tons of parts to trade.  I like the simplicity of the + pressure actuated waste gate and would like to keep it that way.  I'm open to ideas.  I'm hoping to keep max pressure around 20 psi. As this has been a budget build, I'd like to keep cost down or trade for what I need.

'81 240d, om617a, Getrag 265/6, BMW LSD from E28, straight 3" exhaust, lowered H&R, 15" AMG Pentas,
Austincarnut
04-16-2017, 10:00 AM #1

I have come to the conclusion i'm over boosting and need to drop the max boost pressure.  As much fun as it is to hear the engine scream at >25psi, I am looking for an adjustable waste gate that will work on a HX30W.  I have been driving with a weak clutch that I haven't yet addressed and I know once I have a solid connection through the clutch I will break something.  I have tons of parts to trade.  I like the simplicity of the + pressure actuated waste gate and would like to keep it that way.  I'm open to ideas.  I'm hoping to keep max pressure around 20 psi. As this has been a budget build, I'd like to keep cost down or trade for what I need.

'81 240d, om617a, Getrag 265/6, BMW LSD from E28, straight 3" exhaust, lowered H&R, 15" AMG Pentas,

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average