STD Other Projects W201 om606 build!

W201 om606 build!

W201 om606 build!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

BoostedW124
TA 0301

02-07-2017, 06:22 AM #1
It's finally begun it may take time but this is what i want. I found a nice 1993 190e with blown trans, removed engine trans and cleaned engine bay/removed gasser electronics. Nice. Donor is my 1995 w124 diesel that I bolted on a w210 turbo to the om606na for a nice non intercooled setup. I need a juiced up injection pump for the power I want but I'll tell you what just bolting up a turbo (wasn't all too easy sorting out feed and return and eliminating all the wacky NA version vacuum/butterfly/egt/pcv mess) but now engine is way simplified and really runs nice. Nothing crazy but definitely a great increase in smooth power over stock. But car has frame damage so now it's a going to the smaller w201 chassis. Pros: I have a complete running diesel car to swap from. Cons: going from gas to diesel still can't be that easy! Just wire starter, alternator, but how about for keyed start? Glow plugs to heat with key too. Thinking of just taking dashes out also and trying my best to eliminate all of the excess while keeping the critical functions.  No ac, cruise, even do without power steering but would like dash cluster, lights windows and heat. Any advice from those that have walked this road? Wiring diagrams? Thank you. I will have pics and updates soon.
BoostedW124
02-07-2017, 06:22 AM #1

It's finally begun it may take time but this is what i want. I found a nice 1993 190e with blown trans, removed engine trans and cleaned engine bay/removed gasser electronics. Nice. Donor is my 1995 w124 diesel that I bolted on a w210 turbo to the om606na for a nice non intercooled setup. I need a juiced up injection pump for the power I want but I'll tell you what just bolting up a turbo (wasn't all too easy sorting out feed and return and eliminating all the wacky NA version vacuum/butterfly/egt/pcv mess) but now engine is way simplified and really runs nice. Nothing crazy but definitely a great increase in smooth power over stock. But car has frame damage so now it's a going to the smaller w201 chassis. Pros: I have a complete running diesel car to swap from. Cons: going from gas to diesel still can't be that easy! Just wire starter, alternator, but how about for keyed start? Glow plugs to heat with key too. Thinking of just taking dashes out also and trying my best to eliminate all of the excess while keeping the critical functions.  No ac, cruise, even do without power steering but would like dash cluster, lights windows and heat. Any advice from those that have walked this road? Wiring diagrams? Thank you. I will have pics and updates soon.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average