STD Tuning Engine strange sound in om603 turbo

strange sound in om603 turbo

strange sound in om603 turbo

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Devil3344
Naturally-aspirated

01-05-2017, 03:29 PM #1
I was out driving yesterday, with a s124 om603 turbo. suddenly there came a knock knock sound. idling there is no noise, but if I revs it the sound comes back.
I think it could sound like metal against metal, so no pretty noise ..
enough oil pressure and oil in the engine..

Any ideas on what it might be?
Devil3344
01-05-2017, 03:29 PM #1

I was out driving yesterday, with a s124 om603 turbo. suddenly there came a knock knock sound. idling there is no noise, but if I revs it the sound comes back.
I think it could sound like metal against metal, so no pretty noise ..
enough oil pressure and oil in the engine..

Any ideas on what it might be?

R-3350
Dreaming of compounds

01-05-2017, 04:11 PM #2
how old are your injectors? could be a fried nozzle or pintle causing nailing. otherwise i might look at how much blow by your getting. hopefully its nothing too serious.
R-3350
01-05-2017, 04:11 PM #2

how old are your injectors? could be a fried nozzle or pintle causing nailing. otherwise i might look at how much blow by your getting. hopefully its nothing too serious.

barrote
Superturbo

01-05-2017, 04:26 PM #3
last time i heard such a noise was a rod bearing , well it happen to be 3 of them ....
with plenty of oil press, joking should not be something that serious, check for leaking precups or injectors ...
good luck

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
01-05-2017, 04:26 PM #3

last time i heard such a noise was a rod bearing , well it happen to be 3 of them ....
with plenty of oil press, joking should not be something that serious, check for leaking precups or injectors ...
good luck

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

Devil3344
Naturally-aspirated

01-05-2017, 04:31 PM #4
hmm... I have not been checked, but I have been told that the piston rings are broken..This engine has lived a tough life. before I bought the car in November, I was told that it had clogged radiator which led to 120 degrees cellsius. I also have a problem with that I must glow engine regardless of temperature.

Could this be related to the sound?

barrote - if rod bearings, the sound could come and go?
This post was last modified: 01-05-2017, 04:40 PM by Devil3344.
Devil3344
01-05-2017, 04:31 PM #4

hmm... I have not been checked, but I have been told that the piston rings are broken..This engine has lived a tough life. before I bought the car in November, I was told that it had clogged radiator which led to 120 degrees cellsius. I also have a problem with that I must glow engine regardless of temperature.

Could this be related to the sound?

barrote - if rod bearings, the sound could come and go?

Sultzi
GT2256V

01-06-2017, 04:24 AM #5
Would check the injectors first and prechambers before doing anything else bigger. Leaking injector will keep very bad noise.

But would need to hear the noice to say is it injector or some mechanic failure.
Sultzi
01-06-2017, 04:24 AM #5

Would check the injectors first and prechambers before doing anything else bigger. Leaking injector will keep very bad noise.

But would need to hear the noice to say is it injector or some mechanic failure.

barrote
Superturbo

01-06-2017, 09:21 AM #6
failed bearings , sooner or later will tell u the truth , there´s nothing to do .... sure is something else, if the rings break the engine will loose all its ability to compress air, would be very dificult to start and they would stick in the Groove , and nothing good would come out....
used it untill colapse then ,, repair if possible.

FD,