STD Tuning Engine Stop lever error

Stop lever error

Stop lever error

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

inkblotz
Thundering Turtle

12-11-2016, 10:26 PM #1
I had seen a post a few days ago regarding replacing the O ring on the stop lever. Well a week later (relying on my memory, big mistake) I removed the lever and proceeded to remove the hollow bolt that holds it in place as well. No I did not remove the clip behind the stop lever first, as I mentioned above I was going by memory.

I recognized my mistake and went to reassemble it. The shaft is now loose (in and out) in the housing. I pulled the vacuum shut-off and realigned the peg back into its slot on the internal arm of the shaft but I had to use a thicker washer to bring it back to normal. Now the vehicle has no power while driving. At idle in park or neutral the motor performs as normal and shuts off as normal.

What else does the stop lever shaft attach to? does anyone have an exploded view of what the internals of that part of the pump is supposed to look like?

I may have bent the slotted arm at the end of the shaft when removing the hollow securing nut.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

OM603 pump 87 E300 with # 18 head

Mark

1990 300GD SWB 463 Diesel W/ OM603A Turbo Diesel transplant
inkblotz
12-11-2016, 10:26 PM #1

I had seen a post a few days ago regarding replacing the O ring on the stop lever. Well a week later (relying on my memory, big mistake) I removed the lever and proceeded to remove the hollow bolt that holds it in place as well. No I did not remove the clip behind the stop lever first, as I mentioned above I was going by memory.

I recognized my mistake and went to reassemble it. The shaft is now loose (in and out) in the housing. I pulled the vacuum shut-off and realigned the peg back into its slot on the internal arm of the shaft but I had to use a thicker washer to bring it back to normal. Now the vehicle has no power while driving. At idle in park or neutral the motor performs as normal and shuts off as normal.

What else does the stop lever shaft attach to? does anyone have an exploded view of what the internals of that part of the pump is supposed to look like?

I may have bent the slotted arm at the end of the shaft when removing the hollow securing nut.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

OM603 pump 87 E300 with # 18 head

Mark

inkblotz
Thundering Turtle

12-12-2016, 06:56 AM #2
If I need to replace the shaft can I access it via the vacuum shut-off opening. Take it out and swap in a new one?

inkblotz
12-12-2016, 06:56 AM #2

If I need to replace the shaft can I access it via the vacuum shut-off opening. Take it out and swap in a new one?

inkblotz
Thundering Turtle

12-13-2016, 06:06 AM #3
I was able to get the shaft of the stop lever out of my spare injection pump to swap it out. However I could not get the one out that is on my motor as it still had the remains of the computer attachment piece still in the head of the IP.

I am concerned that when I initially turned the large hollow nut against the resistance of the securing clip it caused the stop lever to push to far forward and perhaps damage parts in the circled area.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Need Help
Attached Files
Image(s)

inkblotz
12-13-2016, 06:06 AM #3

I was able to get the shaft of the stop lever out of my spare injection pump to swap it out. However I could not get the one out that is on my motor as it still had the remains of the computer attachment piece still in the head of the IP.

I am concerned that when I initially turned the large hollow nut against the resistance of the securing clip it caused the stop lever to push to far forward and perhaps damage parts in the circled area.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Need Help

Attached Files
Image(s)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average