STD Tuning Engine swaping elements om605 pump

swaping elements om605 pump

swaping elements om605 pump

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Antonio
TA 0301

11-30-2016, 07:31 AM #1
hey, i'm in process of building my om605... 

i have a pump from om602 turbo and i assume that that pump cant get me enough fuel... So i was thinking about 6mm elements from om605 edc pump getting swapped to my om602 turbo pump (originally 5.5 mm) because i have heard that 5.5 mm cant get om605 to original 150hp mark

i would like to have 6mm elements in this pump because i know after a while i would want to go up with power(250hp), but until i go up with power i want to get a bit more power than what it originally haves... is that around 100cc fuel? how much can oem turbo take without big risks? i don't want to force it to the max, i want it to last and i don't want consumption to go wild as it is my daily and only car

the reason why i cant go higher with power at the moment is because of gearbox and i want to go with ASD diff and complete body painting... long story short is that i'm low on money to go with everything

thank you for answers!
Antonio
11-30-2016, 07:31 AM #1

hey, i'm in process of building my om605... 

i have a pump from om602 turbo and i assume that that pump cant get me enough fuel... So i was thinking about 6mm elements from om605 edc pump getting swapped to my om602 turbo pump (originally 5.5 mm) because i have heard that 5.5 mm cant get om605 to original 150hp mark

i would like to have 6mm elements in this pump because i know after a while i would want to go up with power(250hp), but until i go up with power i want to get a bit more power than what it originally haves... is that around 100cc fuel? how much can oem turbo take without big risks? i don't want to force it to the max, i want it to last and i don't want consumption to go wild as it is my daily and only car

the reason why i cant go higher with power at the moment is because of gearbox and i want to go with ASD diff and complete body painting... long story short is that i'm low on money to go with everything

thank you for answers!

charlysays
GTA2056V

11-30-2016, 07:44 AM #2
(11-30-2016, 07:31 AM)Antonio hey, i'm in process of building my om605... 

thank you for answers!

If you're not looking to go further than 250hp I would probably just run the engine with the EDC pump and the ECU, standalone, then remap as required. No cost for swapping elements then, and you can get good power with little or no smoke.
seanyt on this forum can supply modified ECU and remaps for a very reasonable figure.
charlysays
11-30-2016, 07:44 AM #2

(11-30-2016, 07:31 AM)Antonio hey, i'm in process of building my om605... 

thank you for answers!

If you're not looking to go further than 250hp I would probably just run the engine with the EDC pump and the ECU, standalone, then remap as required. No cost for swapping elements then, and you can get good power with little or no smoke.
seanyt on this forum can supply modified ECU and remaps for a very reasonable figure.

Antonio
TA 0301

11-30-2016, 09:17 AM #3
i was thinking about that also but that again requires more and more money, and i cant find anyone in Croatia that haves C class for spares to take parts from it... i couldnt care less if car smokes or not
Antonio
11-30-2016, 09:17 AM #3

i was thinking about that also but that again requires more and more money, and i cant find anyone in Croatia that haves C class for spares to take parts from it... i couldnt care less if car smokes or not

baldur
Fast

11-30-2016, 09:29 AM #4
Why are you changing pumps? Are you swapping the engine into a car that does not have the electrics in place to drive the EDC pump?

Baldur Gislason

baldur
11-30-2016, 09:29 AM #4

Why are you changing pumps? Are you swapping the engine into a car that does not have the electrics in place to drive the EDC pump?

Baldur Gislason

Antonio
TA 0301

11-30-2016, 10:11 AM #5
im going to swap it into 190... running on om605 n/a at the moment, i have never done edc and i have no experience with edc so i would like to keep it on mech pump
This post was last modified: 11-30-2016, 10:12 AM by Antonio.
Antonio
11-30-2016, 10:11 AM #5

im going to swap it into 190... running on om605 n/a at the moment, i have never done edc and i have no experience with edc so i would like to keep it on mech pump

charlysays
GTA2056V

12-01-2016, 05:18 AM #6
(11-30-2016, 09:17 AM)Antonio i was thinking about that also but that again requires more and more money, and i cant find anyone in Croatia that haves C class for spares to take parts from it... i couldnt care less if car smokes or not

AH fair enough. A lot of people do these projects by buying a rotten C250 TD and swapping the parts over. In that case its far cheaper for 250hp to just use EDC. I've never done anything with the injector pumps other than replace delivery valve seals etc but I wish you all the best.
charlysays
12-01-2016, 05:18 AM #6

(11-30-2016, 09:17 AM)Antonio i was thinking about that also but that again requires more and more money, and i cant find anyone in Croatia that haves C class for spares to take parts from it... i couldnt care less if car smokes or not

AH fair enough. A lot of people do these projects by buying a rotten C250 TD and swapping the parts over. In that case its far cheaper for 250hp to just use EDC. I've never done anything with the injector pumps other than replace delivery valve seals etc but I wish you all the best.

barrote
Superturbo

12-01-2016, 05:59 AM #7
what´s the problem with the element swap? , u go in a diesel shop and ask them to do it.
or u send me a pm , i have a interesting business for u...

FD,