STD Maintenance General Please help with turbo help !!!

Please help with turbo help !!!

Please help with turbo help !!!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hulkgreen
K26-2

10-07-2009, 03:26 PM #1
Hey guys ;

kinda new to this !! Some of you may recongnize my name ( since I put an OM617.952 into a 1994 Jeep Wrangler !!)

anyhow ; I have noticed oil drops where by exhaust pipe connects to the accordian adapter for the turbo ( since the engine sat for at least 3 years ( I thought this was a bad sign !)

SO ; I started looking for and at some different sites and reading ALL the posts on this site about puttin different turbos on the OM617 ; but I came across this site ( it appears to be a Garrett site ) and was wonderin if Forced Induction ; Winmutt ; or any one of ya'll with lots of knowledge can help me figure out which one would work best !!!

I ruptured a disc in my back in August and have not worked since ; so money is an issue !!

I just need some help ......

Well here is the site I found ......http://www.gcg.com.au/turbo/ProStore.aspx?PCID=12
This post was last modified: 10-07-2009, 03:29 PM by Hulkgreen.
Hulkgreen
10-07-2009, 03:26 PM #1

Hey guys ;

kinda new to this !! Some of you may recongnize my name ( since I put an OM617.952 into a 1994 Jeep Wrangler !!)

anyhow ; I have noticed oil drops where by exhaust pipe connects to the accordian adapter for the turbo ( since the engine sat for at least 3 years ( I thought this was a bad sign !)

SO ; I started looking for and at some different sites and reading ALL the posts on this site about puttin different turbos on the OM617 ; but I came across this site ( it appears to be a Garrett site ) and was wonderin if Forced Induction ; Winmutt ; or any one of ya'll with lots of knowledge can help me figure out which one would work best !!!

I ruptured a disc in my back in August and have not worked since ; so money is an issue !!

I just need some help ......

Well here is the site I found ......http://www.gcg.com.au/turbo/ProStore.aspx?PCID=12

ForcedInduction
Banned

10-07-2009, 03:32 PM #2
That looks like a generic T3 Chinese clone junk turbo. If it doesn't have "Garrett" or "AirResearch" cast on the compressor housing, its fake.

If you're strapped for cash, the best option is to get a good used turbo and wait until you've got the spare funds. Using any non-stock turbo will require some fabrication and/or modification of parts.
ForcedInduction
10-07-2009, 03:32 PM #2

That looks like a generic T3 Chinese clone junk turbo. If it doesn't have "Garrett" or "AirResearch" cast on the compressor housing, its fake.

If you're strapped for cash, the best option is to get a good used turbo and wait until you've got the spare funds. Using any non-stock turbo will require some fabrication and/or modification of parts.

Hulkgreen
K26-2

10-07-2009, 03:41 PM #3
(10-07-2009, 03:32 PM)ForcedInduction That looks like a generic T3 Chinese clone junk turbo. If it doesn't have "Garrett" or "AirResearch" cast on the compressor housing, its fake.

sorry maybe the direct link went to a certain page that did not show !! but under the second set of tabs it showed Garrett Gt Turbos and they all appear to say " garrett " on the embossing !!

Thank you for looking around the site and give me the best advice you have ...... I don;t want chinese " survive 2 days " crap !

THanks
something like this ( although it may be to big for my little 125 hp engine !!....http://www.gcg.com.au/AllImage/Products/...2159-1.jpg
This post was last modified: 10-07-2009, 03:47 PM by Hulkgreen.
Hulkgreen
10-07-2009, 03:41 PM #3

(10-07-2009, 03:32 PM)ForcedInduction That looks like a generic T3 Chinese clone junk turbo. If it doesn't have "Garrett" or "AirResearch" cast on the compressor housing, its fake.

sorry maybe the direct link went to a certain page that did not show !! but under the second set of tabs it showed Garrett Gt Turbos and they all appear to say " garrett " on the embossing !!

Thank you for looking around the site and give me the best advice you have ...... I don;t want chinese " survive 2 days " crap !

THanks
something like this ( although it may be to big for my little 125 hp engine !!....http://www.gcg.com.au/AllImage/Products/...2159-1.jpg

Rudolf_Diesel
Ask me if I care...

10-07-2009, 05:55 PM #4
Quote:Thank you for looking around the site and give me the best advice you have ...... I don;t want chinese " survive 2 days " crap !

So far I have been running one of these since July 1 with no problems. I wanted to make sure it worked without a lot of cash out of pocket. A turbonetics would be around $800.00 or more.

Yes it is Chinese and we could go round and round about the pros and cons, but the bottom line it is a well built unit. I completly diassembled and inspected the unit, it was just as good as the OEM as far as quality.

I will not try to convince you otherwise, but I have no regrets about the purchase.

If I could I would have spent the money on a turbonetics, but the ex-wife and kids get $2500.00 a monthAngry so it is low budget for a long while.

1982 300SD: 304,xxx Super M-pump with 7.5mm elements, 265 Nozzles, GT35 water cooled turbo, M90 Supercharger, A/W Intercooler, Serpentine drive belt, 3" SS exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, 240 breather, AEM dry Filter, Manual Boost Control, EGT / Boost / EMP gauges....Moved on to other projects

1995 F-350 7.3L PSD: 230,xxx 6.0 IC, DIY Stage 1 Injectors, 17* hpop, Tony Wildman Chip, John Wood Trans, 6.4L TC, 3" down pipe, 4" straight exhaust, 310 HP on wheel dyno - 8500# dually: 0-60 in 6.98

Suzuki Samurai: VW 1.9L TD, Trackick doubler transfer case (made by me) 5.8:1 transfer case gears, YJ springs front and rear with rear missing links, wheel base extended 14", diffs welded, some day a VNT.
Rudolf_Diesel
10-07-2009, 05:55 PM #4

Quote:Thank you for looking around the site and give me the best advice you have ...... I don;t want chinese " survive 2 days " crap !

So far I have been running one of these since July 1 with no problems. I wanted to make sure it worked without a lot of cash out of pocket. A turbonetics would be around $800.00 or more.

Yes it is Chinese and we could go round and round about the pros and cons, but the bottom line it is a well built unit. I completly diassembled and inspected the unit, it was just as good as the OEM as far as quality.

I will not try to convince you otherwise, but I have no regrets about the purchase.

If I could I would have spent the money on a turbonetics, but the ex-wife and kids get $2500.00 a monthAngry so it is low budget for a long while.

1982 300SD: 304,xxx Super M-pump with 7.5mm elements, 265 Nozzles, GT35 water cooled turbo, M90 Supercharger, A/W Intercooler, Serpentine drive belt, 3" SS exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, 240 breather, AEM dry Filter, Manual Boost Control, EGT / Boost / EMP gauges....Moved on to other projects

1995 F-350 7.3L PSD: 230,xxx 6.0 IC, DIY Stage 1 Injectors, 17* hpop, Tony Wildman Chip, John Wood Trans, 6.4L TC, 3" down pipe, 4" straight exhaust, 310 HP on wheel dyno - 8500# dually: 0-60 in 6.98

Suzuki Samurai: VW 1.9L TD, Trackick doubler transfer case (made by me) 5.8:1 transfer case gears, YJ springs front and rear with rear missing links, wheel base extended 14", diffs welded, some day a VNT.

Hulkgreen
K26-2

10-08-2009, 03:40 PM #5
(10-07-2009, 05:55 PM)Rudolf_Diesel

So ; you are saying the T3 flanged TURBOS ; even if Chinese built are OK and inexpensive from this site !

Is this what I am understanding ?????
Hulkgreen
10-08-2009, 03:40 PM #5

(10-07-2009, 05:55 PM)Rudolf_Diesel

So ; you are saying the T3 flanged TURBOS ; even if Chinese built are OK and inexpensive from this site !

Is this what I am understanding ?????

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average