10-06-2009, 04:07 PM #1
$1,695
167,xxx (odo questionable)
Leaky trunk (i know its common)
rust, dented fender
power seat switch on drivers side is bad
IT RUNS!!!! Big Grin lol
a/c no worky
I drive up to 40-50miles to work everyday in an 85 bronco... 12mpg at best and filling twice a week = $100+
SO... anything i should know? where to get certain parts (like the seat switch) and maybe JCW has trunk seals... or is there something more to it than that?

Names Vic and thanks
LIM_Banshee
10-06-2009, 04:07 PM #1

$1,695
167,xxx (odo questionable)
Leaky trunk (i know its common)
rust, dented fender
power seat switch on drivers side is bad
IT RUNS!!!! Big Grin lol
a/c no worky
I drive up to 40-50miles to work everyday in an 85 bronco... 12mpg at best and filling twice a week = $100+
SO... anything i should know? where to get certain parts (like the seat switch) and maybe JCW has trunk seals... or is there something more to it than that?

Names Vic and thanks

ForcedInduction
Banned

10-06-2009, 11:56 PM #2
$1700 is very expensive for rust, no A/C and an untrustworthy low mileage. I wouldn't pay more than $1200 unless the mileage can be proven by the seller or online documentation (carfax, etc). If the owner is unable/unwilling to maintain the car body, I really doubt he/she kept up with engine maintenance too. I'd take a meticulously maintained 300k mile car over a clunker with 100k genuine miles any day.

W126 body parts are common in junkyards since so many different models were sold for so long. Dealers often have parts or can get them overnight. Good dealers will negotiate on price if you believe its unreasonable or you can show a competitor with a lower price for the same part and brand.
This post was last modified: 10-06-2009, 11:59 PM by ForcedInduction.
ForcedInduction
10-06-2009, 11:56 PM #2

$1700 is very expensive for rust, no A/C and an untrustworthy low mileage. I wouldn't pay more than $1200 unless the mileage can be proven by the seller or online documentation (carfax, etc). If the owner is unable/unwilling to maintain the car body, I really doubt he/she kept up with engine maintenance too. I'd take a meticulously maintained 300k mile car over a clunker with 100k genuine miles any day.

W126 body parts are common in junkyards since so many different models were sold for so long. Dealers often have parts or can get them overnight. Good dealers will negotiate on price if you believe its unreasonable or you can show a competitor with a lower price for the same part and brand.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average