STD Other FS / WTB / Buying guides WTB: OM602 turbo engine

WTB: OM602 turbo engine

WTB: OM602 turbo engine

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

kahlil88
Naturally-aspirated

08-27-2016, 05:04 AM #1
I've been planning to drop an OM617 turbo engine into my W123, but lately have been contemplating an OM602 turbo swap for better fuel economy. Can't afford much up front since work has been slow, would be open to a payment plan and also have parts to offer, including the current N/A engine and two turbo engines originally destined for this car.
First engine is from a wagon and I held off because I could not in good conscience disable the SLS. It has about 270k miles on it and I know for a fact it runs good.
Second engine I bought a few months ago from a guy who pulled it from a W116 300SD years ago, claims it had 110k miles on the odo but he was skeptical.

This project has been pending for 2 years now and I haven't been rushing it since I have a good daily driver, but if I don't get any leads soon, will probably just move forward with the original plan and focus on finding homes for the extra engines and rest of my auto parts hoard.

Located on the Mendocino coast in northern California.

1985 190D, 176k miles
1983 300D, 208k miles
kahlil88
08-27-2016, 05:04 AM #1

I've been planning to drop an OM617 turbo engine into my W123, but lately have been contemplating an OM602 turbo swap for better fuel economy. Can't afford much up front since work has been slow, would be open to a payment plan and also have parts to offer, including the current N/A engine and two turbo engines originally destined for this car.
First engine is from a wagon and I held off because I could not in good conscience disable the SLS. It has about 270k miles on it and I know for a fact it runs good.
Second engine I bought a few months ago from a guy who pulled it from a W116 300SD years ago, claims it had 110k miles on the odo but he was skeptical.

This project has been pending for 2 years now and I haven't been rushing it since I have a good daily driver, but if I don't get any leads soon, will probably just move forward with the original plan and focus on finding homes for the extra engines and rest of my auto parts hoard.

Located on the Mendocino coast in northern California.

1985 190D, 176k miles
1983 300D, 208k miles

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average