STD Other Projects Om617 to Om606 g wagon conversion advice

Om617 to Om606 g wagon conversion advice

Om617 to Om606 g wagon conversion advice

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

AdenEdward
Unregistered

08-02-2016, 05:00 AM #1
I have a 460 G-wagon 300gd lwb with the om617 engine in which is knackered. Not through any fault of my own, i bought it this way as a barn find with the aim to make good. I have a swb one which had a problem building pressure and shutting off the fuel pump at high revs so simply changed the engine and gearbox from a 617 + 4 speed to a 617a + 5 speed. This was straight forward and a great learning project as im a self taught mechanic but the next i was looking at putting in a 606.962 engine with eventually a tuned fuel pump and larger turbo for around 250-300bhp. I want to put in a manual 6 speed gearbox but was wondering if anybody had advice on the best to use with minimal alterations just so i can work through it myself. I have an engineering company who are able to fabricate things for me i might need so anybody with a heads up would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any advice in advance.

Also just a side note, i have a mercedes e320 cdi with the 613 common rail engine in that i was debating putting in but after reasearching it seems like a job for a far more experienced mechanic/engineer. I am right in assuming that the 606 job will be much easier?
AdenEdward
08-02-2016, 05:00 AM #1

I have a 460 G-wagon 300gd lwb with the om617 engine in which is knackered. Not through any fault of my own, i bought it this way as a barn find with the aim to make good. I have a swb one which had a problem building pressure and shutting off the fuel pump at high revs so simply changed the engine and gearbox from a 617 + 4 speed to a 617a + 5 speed. This was straight forward and a great learning project as im a self taught mechanic but the next i was looking at putting in a 606.962 engine with eventually a tuned fuel pump and larger turbo for around 250-300bhp. I want to put in a manual 6 speed gearbox but was wondering if anybody had advice on the best to use with minimal alterations just so i can work through it myself. I have an engineering company who are able to fabricate things for me i might need so anybody with a heads up would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any advice in advance.

Also just a side note, i have a mercedes e320 cdi with the 613 common rail engine in that i was debating putting in but after reasearching it seems like a job for a far more experienced mechanic/engineer. I am right in assuming that the 606 job will be much easier?

K Van Damme
Naturally-aspirated

08-02-2016, 04:33 PM #2
I did a 617 to 606 swap last winter with a6speed from w211 270cdi p.m. Me for deatails

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCcA-mb6j5ZHGqhOWPQ_ZoJg
K Van Damme
08-02-2016, 04:33 PM #2

I did a 617 to 606 swap last winter with a6speed from w211 270cdi p.m. Me for deatails

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCcA-mb6j5ZHGqhOWPQ_ZoJg

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average