STD Tuning Engine Injector nozzles for OM602.982

Injector nozzles for OM602.982

Injector nozzles for OM602.982

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Evgeniy1987
GT2256V

07-25-2016, 02:42 PM #1
Gentlemen,

I used the search and didn't found it, probably because this engine is not popular here..

My question is:

Originally, the OM602.982 is equipped with DSLA 148 P 591 nozzles.

These are 5 x 0.22 x 148* nozzles. 

I searches my ass of for something bigger, but there seems to be no logic in nozzle numbers whatsoever.

So, I am desperate. 

Does anybody, just accidentally, know, what nozzle would be a more-flowing nozzle?

Kind regards,

Evgeniy
Evgeniy1987
07-25-2016, 02:42 PM #1

Gentlemen,

I used the search and didn't found it, probably because this engine is not popular here..

My question is:

Originally, the OM602.982 is equipped with DSLA 148 P 591 nozzles.

These are 5 x 0.22 x 148* nozzles. 

I searches my ass of for something bigger, but there seems to be no logic in nozzle numbers whatsoever.

So, I am desperate. 

Does anybody, just accidentally, know, what nozzle would be a more-flowing nozzle?

Kind regards,

Evgeniy

starynovy
Holset

07-26-2016, 01:59 AM #2
Yes, those bosch numbers will tell you nothing about its size. I have ESI tronic and it seems completely random. Engine is somehow simmilar to Audi R5 TDI which uses DSLA150P... like any other TDI. So It would be good to investigate this matter as there are really large nozzles made for TDIs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ex: 525tds 130kW, C250TD 160kW, E320CDI 200kW, ML400CDI 230kW, A6 R5TDI 130kW
Now: Q7 V8TDI 240kW, 320d 150kW, 335d 210kW
starynovy
07-26-2016, 01:59 AM #2

Yes, those bosch numbers will tell you nothing about its size. I have ESI tronic and it seems completely random. Engine is somehow simmilar to Audi R5 TDI which uses DSLA150P... like any other TDI. So It would be good to investigate this matter as there are really large nozzles made for TDIs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ex: 525tds 130kW, C250TD 160kW, E320CDI 200kW, ML400CDI 230kW, A6 R5TDI 130kW
Now: Q7 V8TDI 240kW, 320d 150kW, 335d 210kW

Evgeniy1987
GT2256V

07-26-2016, 03:54 AM #3
(07-26-2016, 01:59 AM)starynovy Yes, those bosch numbers will tell you nothing about its size. I have ESI tronic and it seems completely random. Engine is somehow simmilar to Audi R5 TDI which uses DSLA150P... like any other TDI. So It would be good to investigate this matter as there are really large nozzles made for TDIs.

Exactly .. I also have ESI[tronic] , but it doesn't help much AND sometimes it is even inconsistent with the information .. for example, you have a "sac-less nozzle" , and when you double-click it, it becomes a "hole-type nozzle" .. ???

DSLA150P xxx for the TDI's even has the same shape of the nozzle, but the problem is, as you see, different spray angle. 2 degrees seems only a little, but you have a chance of spraying against piston ..

[Image: nozzles.jpg]

The VAG TDI nozzles are of type 6 , and I believe, Benz OM602.982 has them too...

But, as you see .. DSLA..P exists in at least 3 different shapes, which sucks big time ...
Evgeniy1987
07-26-2016, 03:54 AM #3

(07-26-2016, 01:59 AM)starynovy Yes, those bosch numbers will tell you nothing about its size. I have ESI tronic and it seems completely random. Engine is somehow simmilar to Audi R5 TDI which uses DSLA150P... like any other TDI. So It would be good to investigate this matter as there are really large nozzles made for TDIs.

Exactly .. I also have ESI[tronic] , but it doesn't help much AND sometimes it is even inconsistent with the information .. for example, you have a "sac-less nozzle" , and when you double-click it, it becomes a "hole-type nozzle" .. ???

DSLA150P xxx for the TDI's even has the same shape of the nozzle, but the problem is, as you see, different spray angle. 2 degrees seems only a little, but you have a chance of spraying against piston ..

[Image: nozzles.jpg]

The VAG TDI nozzles are of type 6 , and I believe, Benz OM602.982 has them too...

But, as you see .. DSLA..P exists in at least 3 different shapes, which sucks big time ...

barrote
Superturbo

07-26-2016, 05:54 AM #4
There plenty of injectors for DI, more than u can ever imagine....
try to search for bosio 525... then u have the holder part number, tip must be compatible.
the only problema with spray angle is hiting the bowl edge, if that happens piston will melt.(spray must happen inside the bowl)

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
07-26-2016, 05:54 AM #4

There plenty of injectors for DI, more than u can ever imagine....
try to search for bosio 525... then u have the holder part number, tip must be compatible.
the only problema with spray angle is hiting the bowl edge, if that happens piston will melt.(spray must happen inside the bowl)

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

Evgeniy1987
GT2256V

07-26-2016, 07:27 AM #5
Well, that is exactly what I am talking about.. The Benz nozzle has 148 degrees spray angle, and for example VAG TDI has 150 ..

Therefore I am looking for a DSLA 148 P xxx nozzle with the same shape as the DSLA 148 P 591 , but more flow.
Evgeniy1987
07-26-2016, 07:27 AM #5

Well, that is exactly what I am talking about.. The Benz nozzle has 148 degrees spray angle, and for example VAG TDI has 150 ..

Therefore I am looking for a DSLA 148 P xxx nozzle with the same shape as the DSLA 148 P 591 , but more flow.

barrote
Superturbo

07-26-2016, 08:55 AM #6
and a 2 dregree diference , makes any diference?
install this i told u about , we use to use them in the TDI´s , with lots of sucess.
BTW how much is your pump puting out?
u see there´s no point upgrading the injectors for a stock rotor head!!!! but if u already have the 12mm in that case there´s another story.

regards

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
07-26-2016, 08:55 AM #6

and a 2 dregree diference , makes any diference?
install this i told u about , we use to use them in the TDI´s , with lots of sucess.
u see there´s no point upgrading the injectors for a stock rotor head!!!! but if u already have the 12mm in that case there´s another story.

regards

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

Evgeniy1987
GT2256V

07-26-2016, 11:53 AM #7
(07-26-2016, 08:55 AM)barrote and a 2 dregree diference , makes any diference?

regards

I do not know, whether 2 degrees are much .. but if, I would rather go 2 degrees less than 2 degrees more, because of bigger advance at high RPM.

Well, the rotor-head-story is true .. and I already found out how to get 12mm , but I also know that these 5x0.22 will flow pretty much...

With 1.9 TDI , you can make near 200 HP with big enough turbo and only 4 nozzles of comparable size ..

I just want to know whether it exists, as I like to make my homework BEFORE it is needed ..  Angel

I first will get the W210 and disassemble it.. then, have a careful look whether it is very nasty to have the engine running electronically. If it is, I would build the pump with mechanical control parts. Then, turn it up as much as possible to see what it does with 11mm head. Then, the upgrades will come..

I have some bigger nozzles in my Scirocco as well, so DSLA150P ... is not a problem .. but I would like to stick with 148 , you never know .. and opening up an engine is expensive, when something goes wrong...

((( By the way, by upgrading nozzles with stock head you can retard the injection, because the same quantity of the fuel will be in the combustion chamber in a shorter time. This, theoretically, will make the engine louder, but more economical :Smile)) )))
Evgeniy1987
07-26-2016, 11:53 AM #7

(07-26-2016, 08:55 AM)barrote and a 2 dregree diference , makes any diference?

regards

I do not know, whether 2 degrees are much .. but if, I would rather go 2 degrees less than 2 degrees more, because of bigger advance at high RPM.

Well, the rotor-head-story is true .. and I already found out how to get 12mm , but I also know that these 5x0.22 will flow pretty much...

With 1.9 TDI , you can make near 200 HP with big enough turbo and only 4 nozzles of comparable size ..

I just want to know whether it exists, as I like to make my homework BEFORE it is needed ..  Angel

I first will get the W210 and disassemble it.. then, have a careful look whether it is very nasty to have the engine running electronically. If it is, I would build the pump with mechanical control parts. Then, turn it up as much as possible to see what it does with 11mm head. Then, the upgrades will come..

I have some bigger nozzles in my Scirocco as well, so DSLA150P ... is not a problem .. but I would like to stick with 148 , you never know .. and opening up an engine is expensive, when something goes wrong...

((( By the way, by upgrading nozzles with stock head you can retard the injection, because the same quantity of the fuel will be in the combustion chamber in a shorter time. This, theoretically, will make the engine louder, but more economical :Smile)) )))

barrote
Superturbo

07-26-2016, 12:48 PM #8
I´m sorry to disagree with u in many things u wrote above, starting from the 2 degree´s till the 12mm head, and the mech VE.
engine time dadada, but that is why the fórum´s are for.

The .98X engine is a 5 cylinder, 2 valve DI engine fitted with a VE EDC, wich many cal VP37. Basically the most dificult thing to achieve in this setup is the map of the ECU. since this VP series has electronic advance. same happens with some TDI´s and people manage.

The rotor head in this pump i belive is 9mm wich is far too small for 100cc lets say, having a 12mm would be possible to have 150cc output , but the problema is , where is this 5 cyl rotor head, and the wich cam? for many engines in the 4 and 6 cyl there are tons of diff heads and cams , with the same sense of rotation, firing order dadada.

And a 5 cyl mech VE , that can be done once u find the 5 cyl right turn 12mm rotor head.

After all this is time for injector upgrade, this brand bosio have the tips u need.

i belive that if we can´t increase the fueling 3 times over stock , so there´s no reason to upgrade injectors, or other things , after all diesel tunning is all about throwing fuel in the cylinders , massive amounts of fuel .....

What i wrote above is just my opinion , and just that, as far as i can i´m interested in the same outcome, but my 4 valve .98X will run with a M type pump as IDI, and only after i´ll run trials on DI, and the main idea is to make it possible to build 606´s low press DI´s.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
07-26-2016, 12:48 PM #8

I´m sorry to disagree with u in many things u wrote above, starting from the 2 degree´s till the 12mm head, and the mech VE.
engine time dadada, but that is why the fórum´s are for.

The .98X engine is a 5 cylinder, 2 valve DI engine fitted with a VE EDC, wich many cal VP37. Basically the most dificult thing to achieve in this setup is the map of the ECU. since this VP series has electronic advance. same happens with some TDI´s and people manage.

The rotor head in this pump i belive is 9mm wich is far too small for 100cc lets say, having a 12mm would be possible to have 150cc output , but the problema is , where is this 5 cyl rotor head, and the wich cam? for many engines in the 4 and 6 cyl there are tons of diff heads and cams , with the same sense of rotation, firing order dadada.

And a 5 cyl mech VE , that can be done once u find the 5 cyl right turn 12mm rotor head.

After all this is time for injector upgrade, this brand bosio have the tips u need.

i belive that if we can´t increase the fueling 3 times over stock , so there´s no reason to upgrade injectors, or other things , after all diesel tunning is all about throwing fuel in the cylinders , massive amounts of fuel .....

What i wrote above is just my opinion , and just that, as far as i can i´m interested in the same outcome, but my 4 valve .98X will run with a M type pump as IDI, and only after i´ll run trials on DI, and the main idea is to make it possible to build 606´s low press DI´s.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

Evgeniy1987
GT2256V

07-26-2016, 01:18 PM #9
A discussion is very good Wink if you would agree on anything, we wouldnt learn, hehe

Well..

The OM602.982 in the E290 is equipped with a 0 460 415 991 injection pump, in other words VE 5/11 E 2000 R 642

An 11mm element pump, 5 cylinder, Right (clockwise) rotation, 4-stroke motor.

I know that people manage to let things run with EDC, but I do not like much electronics in a car from '70s .. I also have an mTDI pump in my Scirocco, and it runs very well.

I also can build a mechanical pump by using the original 11mm head and some other pump parts.

But about the "need" in injector upgrade - you might be right.. Because I know from my Scirocco that just installing a bigger pump head already increases power, even with stock nozzles.

And again, the stock nozzles are 5x 0.22 , which is pretty okay Smile

but .. your plans .. sound awesome ? DI 606 ? What kind of head would fit ? Something like 613 head or so ?
Evgeniy1987
07-26-2016, 01:18 PM #9

A discussion is very good Wink if you would agree on anything, we wouldnt learn, hehe

Well..

The OM602.982 in the E290 is equipped with a 0 460 415 991 injection pump, in other words VE 5/11 E 2000 R 642

An 11mm element pump, 5 cylinder, Right (clockwise) rotation, 4-stroke motor.

I know that people manage to let things run with EDC, but I do not like much electronics in a car from '70s .. I also have an mTDI pump in my Scirocco, and it runs very well.

I also can build a mechanical pump by using the original 11mm head and some other pump parts.

But about the "need" in injector upgrade - you might be right.. Because I know from my Scirocco that just installing a bigger pump head already increases power, even with stock nozzles.

And again, the stock nozzles are 5x 0.22 , which is pretty okay Smile

but .. your plans .. sound awesome ? DI 606 ? What kind of head would fit ? Something like 613 head or so ?

barrote
Superturbo

07-26-2016, 01:53 PM #10
Yes, discussion indeed can move us forward...
I wasn´t sure about the rotor head diameter, but if 11 good, 11mm promisses, despite the 12/14 would be a must , that engine is almost 600cc cylinder. a 12mm plunguer would be amazing.

The cam is what makes the miracles, maybe there´s higher lift cams , something in the 3mm área, or maybe it has a good lift cam , i dont have any to measure and manuals dont have those measures.

Most of those parts should fit the mech pumps.

I belive a 606 4 valve can be turned into a low press DI with a cummins 14mm rotor. only major change is the pistons wich can be from CDI´s or those from .98X

once i fixed the 5 cyl , i start to work on that thing.

yes injector upgrade in a DI is a must , but only if u can inject more than 2 times the stock fuel , otherwise does not worth the trouble...
my opinion , first comes turbo upgrade and so on...

FD,