STD Tuning Engine OM606.962 factory E-pump performance specs.

OM606.962 factory E-pump performance specs.

OM606.962 factory E-pump performance specs.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

50harleyrider
GTA2359VK

07-14-2016, 08:34 AM #1
Is there any published data out there for measuring the E-pumps' scavenging pump requirements? I need to know the suction negative pressure it produces to pull fuel from the tank and the head it produces inside the IP. The IP does have a return line so there must be a regulator inside the IP. Where I'm going with this is determining the need for a lift pump for a modest 100 HP increase over stock even if I have to have Dieselmeken put larger elements in my E-pump. The w210 has no lift pump so the scavenging pump does all the suction and return work, I guess. I know the e-pump in my VE-TDI is still functioning fine even doubling the HP.
This post was last modified: 07-14-2016, 08:36 AM by 50harleyrider.
50harleyrider
07-14-2016, 08:34 AM #1

Is there any published data out there for measuring the E-pumps' scavenging pump requirements? I need to know the suction negative pressure it produces to pull fuel from the tank and the head it produces inside the IP. The IP does have a return line so there must be a regulator inside the IP. Where I'm going with this is determining the need for a lift pump for a modest 100 HP increase over stock even if I have to have Dieselmeken put larger elements in my E-pump. The w210 has no lift pump so the scavenging pump does all the suction and return work, I guess. I know the e-pump in my VE-TDI is still functioning fine even doubling the HP.

Hario'
C300TD Wagon (W202)

07-14-2016, 09:22 AM #2
It is a reciprocating piston hydraulic pump, same as used in pressure washers and old school hydraulic pumps so head or pressure isn't going to be a problem.

There is a sprung 'pressure release' valve in the return line banjo on the side of the IP, fitting a longer/stiffer spring is a realistic upgrade for that.

Loads of suction hence bubbles in all worn out W210 feed lines.

just my €2..

Installed:

OM606/722.6, big IC, W220 brakes.
Planned:
DIY manifold, compound, 722.6 controller, built IP.
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]
Hario'
07-14-2016, 09:22 AM #2

It is a reciprocating piston hydraulic pump, same as used in pressure washers and old school hydraulic pumps so head or pressure isn't going to be a problem.

There is a sprung 'pressure release' valve in the return line banjo on the side of the IP, fitting a longer/stiffer spring is a realistic upgrade for that.

Loads of suction hence bubbles in all worn out W210 feed lines.

just my €2..

Installed:

OM606/722.6, big IC, W220 brakes.
Planned:
DIY manifold, compound, 722.6 controller, built IP.
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]

barrote
Superturbo

07-14-2016, 02:18 PM #3
the information asked above is not available anywhere,
The M EDC pump working principle is the same as the other M inline pumps!
Fuel enters the main galery through positive pressure , the element plunguer produces a very small negative pressure inside the cylinder when going dwn enough to fill the cylinder, upon going up the cylinder is sealed and the injection quantity is determined by the helix release pressure.
if the main galery is suplied with more than .5 bar the return banjo wich incorporates a relief pressure valve, will allow the return flow back to the tank.

The positive pressure can either be supplied by what is commonly referred as "lift pump" or by an in tank "boost pump"
is not common to find a inline pump able to work without some level of positive pressure in the main gallery.

VE pumps and other alike incorporate a pull pump inside (is baffle pump) a way more stronguer than any lift pump available for a inline pump, just cause this pull pump will be able to build interstage pressure wich can go as high as 9 bar, this interstage pressure is used at least for the advance mechanism , among other featutres.(and is regulated)

even if we fit a 14mm rotor head to a VE it will still produces enough interstage pressure at high idle, and therefore enough flow ...

when a dieselmeken element is installed in a M type pump , in some cases at least 1.5 bar in the main gallery is a must otherwise the pump will limp at high rpm and high load, and in this case the banjo pressure relief valve has to be changed to a one at 1.5 bar rating.

hope u be clarified...
regards

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
07-14-2016, 02:18 PM #3

the information asked above is not available anywhere,
The M EDC pump working principle is the same as the other M inline pumps!
Fuel enters the main galery through positive pressure , the element plunguer produces a very small negative pressure inside the cylinder when going dwn enough to fill the cylinder, upon going up the cylinder is sealed and the injection quantity is determined by the helix release pressure.
if the main galery is suplied with more than .5 bar the return banjo wich incorporates a relief pressure valve, will allow the return flow back to the tank.

The positive pressure can either be supplied by what is commonly referred as "lift pump" or by an in tank "boost pump"
is not common to find a inline pump able to work without some level of positive pressure in the main gallery.

VE pumps and other alike incorporate a pull pump inside (is baffle pump) a way more stronguer than any lift pump available for a inline pump, just cause this pull pump will be able to build interstage pressure wich can go as high as 9 bar, this interstage pressure is used at least for the advance mechanism , among other featutres.(and is regulated)

even if we fit a 14mm rotor head to a VE it will still produces enough interstage pressure at high idle, and therefore enough flow ...

when a dieselmeken element is installed in a M type pump , in some cases at least 1.5 bar in the main gallery is a must otherwise the pump will limp at high rpm and high load, and in this case the banjo pressure relief valve has to be changed to a one at 1.5 bar rating.

hope u be clarified...
regards

FD,