STD Tuning Engine Injector leakage

Injector leakage

Injector leakage

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Boatbuilder
MSc

06-25-2016, 02:46 PM #1
Hi,  E 320 CDI  injector leakage.  Have cleaned (machined ) injector seat and seat in cyl head. New Cu gasket and tightened up to spec. Still leakage, a lot actually, hard to start.  Have I overlooked something ??? Idea
Boatbuilder
06-25-2016, 02:46 PM #1

Hi,  E 320 CDI  injector leakage.  Have cleaned (machined ) injector seat and seat in cyl head. New Cu gasket and tightened up to spec. Still leakage, a lot actually, hard to start.  Have I overlooked something ??? Idea

starynovy
Holset

06-26-2016, 04:56 AM #2
Are you positive it leaks by injector seat? When you take it off you should see black burned path in seat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ex: 525tds 130kW, C250TD 160kW, E320CDI 200kW, ML400CDI 230kW, A6 R5TDI 130kW
Now: Q7 V8TDI 240kW, 320d 150kW, 335d 210kW
starynovy
06-26-2016, 04:56 AM #2

Are you positive it leaks by injector seat? When you take it off you should see black burned path in seat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ex: 525tds 130kW, C250TD 160kW, E320CDI 200kW, ML400CDI 230kW, A6 R5TDI 130kW
Now: Q7 V8TDI 240kW, 320d 150kW, 335d 210kW

Boatbuilder
MSc

06-26-2016, 05:19 AM #3
(06-26-2016, 04:56 AM)starynovy Are you positive it leaks by injector seat? When you take it off you should see black burned path in seat.

Yes I am sure. Leakage in the seat. It started with stripped threads in cyl head and injector loose. Drilled and tapped to M8. Normal torque for the original M6 are 7 Nm plus 90 degrees. With M 8 I can tighten more and leakage less,
but not possible to get rid of the leakage. Diesel popping out and hole injector wet.

Will try with softer Cu material in seal washers.
Boatbuilder
06-26-2016, 05:19 AM #3

(06-26-2016, 04:56 AM)starynovy Are you positive it leaks by injector seat? When you take it off you should see black burned path in seat.

Yes I am sure. Leakage in the seat. It started with stripped threads in cyl head and injector loose. Drilled and tapped to M8. Normal torque for the original M6 are 7 Nm plus 90 degrees. With M 8 I can tighten more and leakage less,
but not possible to get rid of the leakage. Diesel popping out and hole injector wet.

Will try with softer Cu material in seal washers.

MartinB
OM605 Power

06-26-2016, 08:49 AM #4
I think you need higher gasket

W210 E200CDI 185kW Manual, W203 C30 CDI AMG 210kW Manual
MartinB
06-26-2016, 08:49 AM #4

I think you need higher gasket

W210 E200CDI 185kW Manual, W203 C30 CDI AMG 210kW Manual

Boatbuilder
MSc

06-26-2016, 09:00 AM #5
(06-26-2016, 08:49 AM)MartinB I think you need higher gasket

Already tried without success.
Boatbuilder
06-26-2016, 09:00 AM #5

(06-26-2016, 08:49 AM)MartinB I think you need higher gasket

Already tried without success.

Boatbuilder
MSc

07-03-2016, 03:06 PM #6
Have tried With gaskets from Honda Accord 2,2 diesel which are considerably
thicker. Still leaking diesel .   Somebody who knows about a  "Secret stuff"  like
gumgum f.example ?
I am fastening the bolt With 3 Nm  which are much more than specified.
Spec. 0,7 Nm and 90 degrees.

Hoping for serious hints ? What can be done ??
Boatbuilder
07-03-2016, 03:06 PM #6

Have tried With gaskets from Honda Accord 2,2 diesel which are considerably
thicker. Still leaking diesel .   Somebody who knows about a  "Secret stuff"  like
gumgum f.example ?
I am fastening the bolt With 3 Nm  which are much more than specified.
Spec. 0,7 Nm and 90 degrees.

Hoping for serious hints ? What can be done ??

barrote
Superturbo

07-04-2016, 03:55 AM #7
ok ,
if is leaking fuel, is not the seat of the injector that is bad... to start with. so forguet that, the only thing that may come out by the seat seal is air press missed with smoke and soot.
the injector has several screws where it can leak due to fatigue. the first one is the nozzle, u can remove the nozzle and check condition of the threads and the nozzle holder cap. beware there is shims and springs and they all must be assembled in the same position. (due neddle fagility) sealing is by face contact so tight force is 50N or more. tke a wrench and tight as much as u can.
the other screw is the solenoid conection, 27mm nut. thats where they are most often leaking. inspect the thing and replace as necessary (same care should be exercised shims and springs are not to be changed)
then u have return lip , usually they loose fuel through return too. when is too much injector is defective change by another one. the return quantity must be compared as per manufacturer.
replacing the head solenoid , must be done with a iqual part number solenoid, take my guess, if u have this problema go in diesel shop and ask the thing to be tested. most probably it needs to be rebuilt . then u have 2 choices , rebuilt or have one in the scrap yard.
be aware all look the same and most probably all fit the head , but for diff engines they have diff specs, so as long as all are the same no problem, but having one or two diff the engine might suffer premature damage.
good luck.
be aware of injector tip depht in the head too.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
07-04-2016, 03:55 AM #7

ok ,
if is leaking fuel, is not the seat of the injector that is bad... to start with. so forguet that, the only thing that may come out by the seat seal is air press missed with smoke and soot.
the injector has several screws where it can leak due to fatigue. the first one is the nozzle, u can remove the nozzle and check condition of the threads and the nozzle holder cap. beware there is shims and springs and they all must be assembled in the same position. (due neddle fagility) sealing is by face contact so tight force is 50N or more. tke a wrench and tight as much as u can.
the other screw is the solenoid conection, 27mm nut. thats where they are most often leaking. inspect the thing and replace as necessary (same care should be exercised shims and springs are not to be changed)
then u have return lip , usually they loose fuel through return too. when is too much injector is defective change by another one. the return quantity must be compared as per manufacturer.
replacing the head solenoid , must be done with a iqual part number solenoid, take my guess, if u have this problema go in diesel shop and ask the thing to be tested. most probably it needs to be rebuilt . then u have 2 choices , rebuilt or have one in the scrap yard.
be aware all look the same and most probably all fit the head , but for diff engines they have diff specs, so as long as all are the same no problem, but having one or two diff the engine might suffer premature damage.
good luck.
be aware of injector tip depht in the head too.

FD,