STD Maintenance General connecting rod repair or rist pin?

connecting rod repair or rist pin?

connecting rod repair or rist pin?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

bobbie
Unregistered

09-27-2009, 09:05 AM #1
Hi everyone..i own a 99 e300 turbo love the car but have had my share of problems with it the latest now is a pop..pop.. sound witch is most likely a rod bearing or wrist pin i narrowed it down to the number five piston.I'm hoping its the rod bearing i won't have to take off the head just drop the pan..my question for the group is there a way to tell which it is for sure?Does anyone have any input on what the difficulty is to to it myself i allready have done ip pumps o rings found it be be very easy job.. window regulator.. all gps except number six. gp relay
Any help would be greatly appreciated..
bobbie
09-27-2009, 09:05 AM #1

Hi everyone..i own a 99 e300 turbo love the car but have had my share of problems with it the latest now is a pop..pop.. sound witch is most likely a rod bearing or wrist pin i narrowed it down to the number five piston.I'm hoping its the rod bearing i won't have to take off the head just drop the pan..my question for the group is there a way to tell which it is for sure?Does anyone have any input on what the difficulty is to to it myself i allready have done ip pumps o rings found it be be very easy job.. window regulator.. all gps except number six. gp relay
Any help would be greatly appreciated..

ForcedInduction
Banned

09-27-2009, 03:53 PM #2
Have you cracked the injector lines to determine if its really a bearing and not just combustion knock?
ForcedInduction
09-27-2009, 03:53 PM #2

Have you cracked the injector lines to determine if its really a bearing and not just combustion knock?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average