STD Tuning Drivetrain 722.3 RPM Increase

722.3 RPM Increase

722.3 RPM Increase

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

awsrock
300SDL / HX30 / 90cc

04-13-2016, 11:08 AM #1
I know the 722.3 is not really talked about much here anymore, but has anyone ever messed with the governor screw to increase the shift rpm? I have only heard of a few doing this on some 500E boards. It seems that the 500E owners were able to get a decent increase, but one user who had a 603 / w124 was only able to get about 200 more rpm (5000) from turning the screw.

My pump is set to 6k, which I don't plan on going up to, but if I could get it to run to 5.3-5.5k that would be nice.
awsrock
04-13-2016, 11:08 AM #1

I know the 722.3 is not really talked about much here anymore, but has anyone ever messed with the governor screw to increase the shift rpm? I have only heard of a few doing this on some 500E boards. It seems that the 500E owners were able to get a decent increase, but one user who had a 603 / w124 was only able to get about 200 more rpm (5000) from turning the screw.

My pump is set to 6k, which I don't plan on going up to, but if I could get it to run to 5.3-5.5k that would be nice.

whipplem104
Holset

04-13-2016, 12:09 PM #2
You might be able to get that from the screw. But you can also just use a governor and or valve body from a .3 that goes that high. Most inline 6 gas engines do. another thing is the wot detent function. It has an rpm limit that is set in the relay module. You could swap in a different relay. Gas cars this is in the fuel pump relay but it is called something different in the diesels. Same size. That is what is going to determine your wot switch point anyways. They still short shift a little if wot is not active.
whipplem104
04-13-2016, 12:09 PM #2

You might be able to get that from the screw. But you can also just use a governor and or valve body from a .3 that goes that high. Most inline 6 gas engines do. another thing is the wot detent function. It has an rpm limit that is set in the relay module. You could swap in a different relay. Gas cars this is in the fuel pump relay but it is called something different in the diesels. Same size. That is what is going to determine your wot switch point anyways. They still short shift a little if wot is not active.

awsrock
300SDL / HX30 / 90cc

04-13-2016, 12:19 PM #3
I'll have to take a look into the relay, that sounds pretty simple.

Would a .3 from a v8 work if the bellhousings were swapped? If I were to break mine that is...it would probably be cheap for me to find a decent shape 560 trans or even from a later model S500.

Seems that it would but people have said the shift points were different. Since I'd have more power I'd imagine that it would be more suitable in normal driving if that were the case.
awsrock
04-13-2016, 12:19 PM #3

I'll have to take a look into the relay, that sounds pretty simple.

Would a .3 from a v8 work if the bellhousings were swapped? If I were to break mine that is...it would probably be cheap for me to find a decent shape 560 trans or even from a later model S500.

Seems that it would but people have said the shift points were different. Since I'd have more power I'd imagine that it would be more suitable in normal driving if that were the case.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average