STD Tuning Engine Hi Guys :)

Hi Guys :)

Hi Guys :)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

davidskipper
Unregistered

09-24-2009, 05:11 PM #1
i have been reading your thread for a while now guys. all good stuff i might add. now i know this website is more w123 orientated. but i have a w124 with a engine that i dont no the name of its not a mo603 or a mo606 i dont think ? because mo606 came with a turbo as standard didnt they ? because front what i can see its a 606 without a turbo and a weird looking inlet manifold that goes over the rocker cover its 1995 they call it the multivalve and it naturally aspirated? i was wondering what i could do for a turbo is there any bolt on turbo manifolds ? like from 606 and what kind of turbos would be suitablee ?. just looking for some more power ! everyones talking about myna injection pumps ? could anyone care to explain what one is compared to a standard item. would like about 250 brake nothing crazy. what should i start with. i no quite abit about volkwagen diesels and they just put bigger nozzles and injectors dile some more boost and your away. its not that simple with a merc isit ? especially if its naturally aspirated to start off with ?

what would i need ?
a manifold
turbo
spacer plate (assuming the compression wont be low enough ?)
boost pipes
intercooler
boost gauges ?
boost controller
modify the inlet manifold
will i have to get one of those really expensive pumps ? what sort of power can i get without one ?

that will be all for this series of 20 questions Wink no thanks guys all help will be much appreciated
[/php]
regards davee
London !
davidskipper
09-24-2009, 05:11 PM #1

i have been reading your thread for a while now guys. all good stuff i might add. now i know this website is more w123 orientated. but i have a w124 with a engine that i dont no the name of its not a mo603 or a mo606 i dont think ? because mo606 came with a turbo as standard didnt they ? because front what i can see its a 606 without a turbo and a weird looking inlet manifold that goes over the rocker cover its 1995 they call it the multivalve and it naturally aspirated? i was wondering what i could do for a turbo is there any bolt on turbo manifolds ? like from 606 and what kind of turbos would be suitablee ?. just looking for some more power ! everyones talking about myna injection pumps ? could anyone care to explain what one is compared to a standard item. would like about 250 brake nothing crazy. what should i start with. i no quite abit about volkwagen diesels and they just put bigger nozzles and injectors dile some more boost and your away. its not that simple with a merc isit ? especially if its naturally aspirated to start off with ?

what would i need ?
a manifold
turbo
spacer plate (assuming the compression wont be low enough ?)
boost pipes
intercooler
boost gauges ?
boost controller
modify the inlet manifold
will i have to get one of those really expensive pumps ? what sort of power can i get without one ?

that will be all for this series of 20 questions Wink no thanks guys all help will be much appreciated
[/php]
regards davee
London !

tomnik
Holset

09-24-2009, 11:59 PM #2
Hi davee,

from your describing you have a 606 engine, normally aspirated, 136 hp.
There are some threads about this engine whether it has turbo internals (oil spray nozzles below the pistons, turbo pistons,...), please do a search for it.
This engine has an IP with electronic governor that might have to be replaced by one out of the 603 turbo engine with mechanical governor.
I am not familiar with this engine.

Tom
tomnik
09-24-2009, 11:59 PM #2

Hi davee,

from your describing you have a 606 engine, normally aspirated, 136 hp.
There are some threads about this engine whether it has turbo internals (oil spray nozzles below the pistons, turbo pistons,...), please do a search for it.
This engine has an IP with electronic governor that might have to be replaced by one out of the 603 turbo engine with mechanical governor.
I am not familiar with this engine.

Tom

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average