STD Tuning Drivetrain 722.6 CAD drawing

722.6 CAD drawing

722.6 CAD drawing

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

matfield
GT2256V

04-05-2016, 03:18 PM #1
Hi,

Does any one have a CAD drawing of the rear mount and output of a 722.6 transmission. I'm trying to make up an adapter and can't get the 4 mount holes correct in relation to the centre of the output. 

Thanks

Mat
matfield
04-05-2016, 03:18 PM #1

Hi,

Does any one have a CAD drawing of the rear mount and output of a 722.6 transmission. I'm trying to make up an adapter and can't get the 4 mount holes correct in relation to the centre of the output. 

Thanks

Mat

trangen
Naturally-aspirated

04-05-2016, 04:05 PM #2
my suggestion go to a pick-your-part or local junkyard and pull the part, measure it yourself and then draw it up
trangen
04-05-2016, 04:05 PM #2

my suggestion go to a pick-your-part or local junkyard and pull the part, measure it yourself and then draw it up

matfield
GT2256V

04-05-2016, 08:17 PM #3
Hi Trangen,

I have the gearbox in my workshop, but it's proving almost impossible to get the location of the 4 bolt holes correct in relation to the centre of the output, to the point that even if I measure it again, I'm not happy that I'll be able to get it right.

It's at the stage now where I need to get the plate CNC water cut, to make sure everything lines up.
matfield
04-05-2016, 08:17 PM #3

Hi Trangen,

I have the gearbox in my workshop, but it's proving almost impossible to get the location of the 4 bolt holes correct in relation to the centre of the output, to the point that even if I measure it again, I'm not happy that I'll be able to get it right.

It's at the stage now where I need to get the plate CNC water cut, to make sure everything lines up.

ross
GT2256V

04-11-2016, 06:53 AM #4
I assume you're working with an E class box?

The ML box is a bit easier as I measured the Merc adaptor housing on the Mill with a DTI.
ross
04-11-2016, 06:53 AM #4

I assume you're working with an E class box?

The ML box is a bit easier as I measured the Merc adaptor housing on the Mill with a DTI.

matfield
GT2256V

04-13-2016, 01:17 PM #5
I am working with an E-Class box, mainly for availability, but also because of length.

My reasoning is also that if I ever have to change it, or find another one, I can pull one out of any E-class, C-class etc.

Still trying to fine that drawing if anyone can help out Smile

Mat
matfield
04-13-2016, 01:17 PM #5

I am working with an E-Class box, mainly for availability, but also because of length.

My reasoning is also that if I ever have to change it, or find another one, I can pull one out of any E-class, C-class etc.

Still trying to fine that drawing if anyone can help out Smile

Mat

ross
GT2256V

04-13-2016, 01:35 PM #6
I looked at making the e class box bolt up but there isn't any way you can make a bolt on mount/adaptor to the LT230 that would be anywhere near rigid enough?
ross
04-13-2016, 01:35 PM #6

I looked at making the e class box bolt up but there isn't any way you can make a bolt on mount/adaptor to the LT230 that would be anywhere near rigid enough?

matfield
GT2256V

04-14-2016, 01:25 PM #7
I'm going down the route of using the extension housing from the LT77, combined with a 10mm plate, and then reinforce the front of the 10mm plate to the bottom of the 722.6.

The original E Class box was only mounted on the rear by these 4 bolts to a rubber bush, and had a lot more torsional stress from the prop shaft, as the torque will be reduced through the transfer box, as opposed to going straight into a diff, as well as lateral forces from the movement of the axle through the prop.

Comparing that to being held by the original LT77 gearbox mount, coupled to the transfer box and its mount. The only force exerted on the rear of the box, will be that of the torque through the output.

I'm open to correction though if my thoughts are wrong.

Mat
matfield
04-14-2016, 01:25 PM #7

I'm going down the route of using the extension housing from the LT77, combined with a 10mm plate, and then reinforce the front of the 10mm plate to the bottom of the 722.6.

The original E Class box was only mounted on the rear by these 4 bolts to a rubber bush, and had a lot more torsional stress from the prop shaft, as the torque will be reduced through the transfer box, as opposed to going straight into a diff, as well as lateral forces from the movement of the axle through the prop.

Comparing that to being held by the original LT77 gearbox mount, coupled to the transfer box and its mount. The only force exerted on the rear of the box, will be that of the torque through the output.

I'm open to correction though if my thoughts are wrong.

Mat

ross
GT2256V

04-15-2016, 06:36 AM #8
The torsional reaction forces aren't the issue as they're about the axis if the shafts, but the 'bending' forces of the transmission/LT230 moving about If that makes sense? If you've got some kind of flexible coupling in there like the flex disk you'll be OK, if you're planning on a solid shaft you'll eat input and output bearings of the boxes.
ross
04-15-2016, 06:36 AM #8

The torsional reaction forces aren't the issue as they're about the axis if the shafts, but the 'bending' forces of the transmission/LT230 moving about If that makes sense? If you've got some kind of flexible coupling in there like the flex disk you'll be OK, if you're planning on a solid shaft you'll eat input and output bearings of the boxes.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average