New here

New here

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

decl00ne
Naturally-aspirated

03-13-2016, 12:28 PM #1
Hey lads (and missuses Blush )

Im Bas, 23 and am from the netherlands.
im new to the whole diesel buisiness, always owned petrol cars, so please be gentle with me.
i owned 3 BMW e30 325I cars, 2 e36's and a renault twingo Dodgy  (dont laugh, grown men need to go from a to b too...)
the e30's where all drift/racecars, the e36's dailys and the twingo is my student car atm.

The reason i am on this forum, here it comes, i bought a volvo 245 from 1975, and plan to put a om605 in it! Angel
i need a lot of info, which i can find on here, and the things i cannot find i ask.

i will also make a project page when the time comes, but dont expect it any time soon, first gonna do stopping and handling, then POWAAAAAAAAH
my aim is around 400-ish hp, on a students budget (gotta love the broke life) so expect a lot of home brew construction.

if i missed something, just ask  Big Grin

Greetzz, Bas

---why do it easy, when there is a much longer, difficult way?---
---project brick---
decl00ne
03-13-2016, 12:28 PM #1

Hey lads (and missuses Blush )

im new to the whole diesel buisiness, always owned petrol cars, so please be gentle with me.
i owned 3 BMW e30 325I cars, 2 e36's and a renault twingo Dodgy  (dont laugh, grown men need to go from a to b too...)
the e30's where all drift/racecars, the e36's dailys and the twingo is my student car atm.

The reason i am on this forum, here it comes, i bought a volvo 245 from 1975, and plan to put a om605 in it! Angel
i need a lot of info, which i can find on here, and the things i cannot find i ask.

i will also make a project page when the time comes, but dont expect it any time soon, first gonna do stopping and handling, then POWAAAAAAAAH
my aim is around 400-ish hp, on a students budget (gotta love the broke life) so expect a lot of home brew construction.

Greetzz, Bas

---why do it easy, when there is a much longer, difficult way?---
---project brick---

CRD4x4
CompoundSuperTurboDiesel4x4!

03-14-2016, 07:51 AM #2
(03-13-2016, 12:28 PM)decl00ne Hey lads (and missuses Blush )

Greetzz, Bas

Bas, welcome to diesel life! I think you've got a good idea brewing and I can appreciate the broke life so much luck to you!
Be prepared to spend a minimum of $3,000 usd for your 400 hp - if you truly build it at home and find some good deals. I'd recommend a professional build your injection pump and a standalone ecu if you're using an automatic transmission and electronic injection pump.
Do you plan to daily or drift this Volvo/605?
This forum has a ton of great info so be sure to search before posting questions as some sour pusses might respond with a similar suggestion rather than a straight answer. Every forum has them.
CRD4x4
03-14-2016, 07:51 AM #2

(03-13-2016, 12:28 PM)decl00ne Hey lads (and missuses Blush )

Greetzz, Bas

Bas, welcome to diesel life! I think you've got a good idea brewing and I can appreciate the broke life so much luck to you!
Be prepared to spend a minimum of $3,000 usd for your 400 hp - if you truly build it at home and find some good deals. I'd recommend a professional build your injection pump and a standalone ecu if you're using an automatic transmission and electronic injection pump.
This forum has a ton of great info so be sure to search before posting questions as some sour pusses might respond with a similar suggestion rather than a straight answer. Every forum has them.

decl00ne
Naturally-aspirated

03-14-2016, 10:56 AM #3
(03-14-2016, 07:51 AM)CRD4x4 Bas, welcome to diesel life! I think you've got a good idea brewing and I can appreciate the broke life so much luck to you!

Thanks!!

yeah i know what it will cost, approximately.

this is what i  think il do:

Om605,
M-pump,
Diy exhaust header,
3 or 3.5 inch exhaust,
Holset HX40 toerboh,
BMW gs653dz gearbox (or other gearbox if the other one is easier),
Sprinter flywheel,
Organic clutch,
sachs 765 pp, or other equivalent,
custom propshaft,
torsen style diff.

need to resource all the parts, and specific numbers and stuff, but i thing it will be plenty for the 400 i am aiming for.
before all of this, i probably install some kind of bbk (stock volvo 850-r brakes MASSIVE!!!!!) and make a coilover set for it.

most of the metalwork i do at home (exhaust header, full exhaust, brackets and stuff) and the pump i probably sent to dieselmeken.
gearbox i probably most difficult, IMHO, because it needs proper alignment and welding, but ill solve it when the time comes.

and YES, of course im gonna drift it, not much, but just the fun stuff.

and im useing the search like google right now, found most of the stuff i need, and probably make one or two topics with all of my questions when its the right time Wink
This post was last modified: 03-14-2016, 01:48 PM by decl00ne.
decl00ne
03-14-2016, 10:56 AM #3

(03-14-2016, 07:51 AM)CRD4x4 Bas, welcome to diesel life! I think you've got a good idea brewing and I can appreciate the broke life so much luck to you!

Thanks!!

yeah i know what it will cost, approximately.

this is what i  think il do:

Om605,
M-pump,
Diy exhaust header,
3 or 3.5 inch exhaust,
Holset HX40 toerboh,
BMW gs653dz gearbox (or other gearbox if the other one is easier),
Sprinter flywheel,
Organic clutch,
sachs 765 pp, or other equivalent,
custom propshaft,
torsen style diff.

need to resource all the parts, and specific numbers and stuff, but i thing it will be plenty for the 400 i am aiming for.
before all of this, i probably install some kind of bbk (stock volvo 850-r brakes MASSIVE!!!!!) and make a coilover set for it.

most of the metalwork i do at home (exhaust header, full exhaust, brackets and stuff) and the pump i probably sent to dieselmeken.
gearbox i probably most difficult, IMHO, because it needs proper alignment and welding, but ill solve it when the time comes.

and YES, of course im gonna drift it, not much, but just the fun stuff.

and im useing the search like google right now, found most of the stuff i need, and probably make one or two topics with all of my questions when its the right time Wink

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

03-17-2016, 09:40 AM #4
Welcome, hope to see a sweet build thread

'82 300D -3" straight pipe, ALDA deleted, 3in1 glowshift gauge, HX30, egr-less manifold, A/W intercooler Big Grin
'14 Ram 6.7l cummins -G56 handshaker, wishing it was deleted         
MFSuper90
03-17-2016, 09:40 AM #4

Welcome, hope to see a sweet build thread

'82 300D -3" straight pipe, ALDA deleted, 3in1 glowshift gauge, HX30, egr-less manifold, A/W intercooler Big Grin
'14 Ram 6.7l cummins -G56 handshaker, wishing it was deleted         

decl00ne
Naturally-aspirated

03-17-2016, 03:12 PM #5
(03-17-2016, 09:40 AM)MFSuper90 Welcome, hope to see a sweet build thread

thanks, and a build thread is coming, ill get the car in a week or so Wink

Greetzz
decl00ne
03-17-2016, 03:12 PM #5

(03-17-2016, 09:40 AM)MFSuper90 Welcome, hope to see a sweet build thread

thanks, and a build thread is coming, ill get the car in a week or so Wink

Greetzz