STD Tuning Engine om617a timing chain acceptable stretch

om617a timing chain acceptable stretch

om617a timing chain acceptable stretch

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Evenglass
GT2256V

02-04-2016, 09:45 PM #1
Bought an entire running 300d for its engine. Engine runs great and has 220k on it. Would you change the timing chain and guide rails if no visible wear and only 2 degrees of stretch???
Evenglass
02-04-2016, 09:45 PM #1

Bought an entire running 300d for its engine. Engine runs great and has 220k on it. Would you change the timing chain and guide rails if no visible wear and only 2 degrees of stretch???

barrote
Superturbo

02-05-2016, 04:52 AM #2
hehe.. nop definetly nop , where did u measure the stretch? cam or valve lift?
u know that the 617 can be set in time by the use of displaced woodruf keys ?
Just for fórum knowledge i started to retime 4 valves , by cutting new position in the cam sprocket and til now none has complained yet!! i mean chain broken Wink
anyhow i read somewhere that 10º stretch measured at cam position is almost at colision, not sure of it!!!
regards

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
02-05-2016, 04:52 AM #2

hehe.. nop definetly nop , where did u measure the stretch? cam or valve lift?
Just for fórum knowledge i started to retime 4 valves , by cutting new position in the cam sprocket and til now none has complained yet!! i mean chain broken Wink
anyhow i read somewhere that 10º stretch measured at cam position is almost at colision, not sure of it!!!
regards

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

Evenglass
GT2256V

02-05-2016, 11:22 AM #3
(02-05-2016, 04:52 AM)barrote hehe.. nop definetly nop , where did u measure the stretch? cam or valve lift?
anyhow i read somewhere that 10º stretch measured at cam position is almost at  colision, not sure of it!!!
regards
Thank you barrote. I will be freshening up engine #2 and figured I'd change things out while it's apart but no sense in changing things that don't need changing.
Evenglass
02-05-2016, 11:22 AM #3

(02-05-2016, 04:52 AM)barrote hehe.. nop definetly nop , where did u measure the stretch? cam or valve lift?
anyhow i read somewhere that 10º stretch measured at cam position is almost at  colision, not sure of it!!!
regards
Thank you barrote. I will be freshening up engine #2 and figured I'd change things out while it's apart but no sense in changing things that don't need changing.

barrote
Superturbo

02-07-2016, 02:08 PM #4
yep... the chains are lifeless, if u ever think of change one , use MB , there are things inside that u should not play with ...
when the chain guide exibit wear the engine tends to rattle , due the fact that the chain is running in and out , in this case the guide should be changed, the guide maters litle if it is MB or not ....
regards

FD,