STD Tuning Engine Turbo oil feed line size?

Turbo oil feed line size?

Turbo oil feed line size?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

m1tch
GT2559V

11-20-2015, 03:22 AM #1
Hi all,

Just wondering what the OEM turbo feedline size is on the OM606 - I think I am going to need to get a longer flexible line and replace the whole lot although I might be able to add on an extension to the OEM hardpipe. Just wondering what everyone else has done for the oil lines for their turbos.
m1tch
11-20-2015, 03:22 AM #1

Hi all,

Just wondering what the OEM turbo feedline size is on the OM606 - I think I am going to need to get a longer flexible line and replace the whole lot although I might be able to add on an extension to the OEM hardpipe. Just wondering what everyone else has done for the oil lines for their turbos.

Druk
Holset

11-20-2015, 03:35 AM #2
Flexible is what I did. iirc it's approx 8mm ID pipe but I got a suitable fitting from a local hydraulic shop and got that brazed to a stub of the old pipe and ran it direct to the turbo. Don't forget there is a tiny restrictor hole on the turbo oil inlet fitting so whatever size pipe you use (within reason) won't matter anyways as the turbo only gets what passes this restriction. Going flex means you can also route it away from any source of heat.

This post was last modified: 11-20-2015, 03:38 AM by Druk.
Druk
11-20-2015, 03:35 AM #2

Flexible is what I did. iirc it's approx 8mm ID pipe but I got a suitable fitting from a local hydraulic shop and got that brazed to a stub of the old pipe and ran it direct to the turbo. Don't forget there is a tiny restrictor hole on the turbo oil inlet fitting so whatever size pipe you use (within reason) won't matter anyways as the turbo only gets what passes this restriction. Going flex means you can also route it away from any source of heat.

m1tch
GT2559V

11-20-2015, 03:49 AM #3
(11-20-2015, 03:35 AM)Druk Flexible is what I did. iirc it's approx 8mm ID pipe but I got a suitable fitting from a local hydraulic shop and got that brazed to a stub of the old pipe and ran it direct to the turbo. Don't forget there is a tiny restrictor hole on the turbo oil inlet fitting so whatever size pipe you use (within reason) won't matter anyways as the turbo only gets what passes this restriction. Going flex means you can also route it away from any source of heat.

Thanks for that, might be the best option to use the OEM hardpipe and then get a fitting added on (will need to try and find a place that can do it) - I did see the oil restrictor on the turbo, its more of a case of working out how best to get the oil to the turbo now that it will be moved further forward.

Does anyone know what the connector specs are at all as I might be able to find an adaptor to convert it to an AN line instead.
m1tch
11-20-2015, 03:49 AM #3

(11-20-2015, 03:35 AM)Druk Flexible is what I did. iirc it's approx 8mm ID pipe but I got a suitable fitting from a local hydraulic shop and got that brazed to a stub of the old pipe and ran it direct to the turbo. Don't forget there is a tiny restrictor hole on the turbo oil inlet fitting so whatever size pipe you use (within reason) won't matter anyways as the turbo only gets what passes this restriction. Going flex means you can also route it away from any source of heat.

Thanks for that, might be the best option to use the OEM hardpipe and then get a fitting added on (will need to try and find a place that can do it) - I did see the oil restrictor on the turbo, its more of a case of working out how best to get the oil to the turbo now that it will be moved further forward.

Does anyone know what the connector specs are at all as I might be able to find an adaptor to convert it to an AN line instead.

Hario'
C300TD Wagon (W202)

11-20-2015, 10:39 AM #4
(11-20-2015, 03:49 AM)m1tch

Hacksaw the end off the hard line and add a compression fitting, to either convert it to hydraulic flex or to extend it with your own hard line (cupronickel brake pipe line)

I think the oil feed is 10mmOD

Like these:
http://www.hoses.co.uk/hydraulics/hydrau...n-fittings

I am going to make mine out of hard line just because I've never build hard line (need a bender).

Installed:

OM606/722.6, big IC, W220 brakes.
Planned:
DIY manifold, compound, 722.6 controller, built IP.
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]
Hario'
11-20-2015, 10:39 AM #4

(11-20-2015, 03:49 AM)m1tch

Hacksaw the end off the hard line and add a compression fitting, to either convert it to hydraulic flex or to extend it with your own hard line (cupronickel brake pipe line)

I think the oil feed is 10mmOD

Like these:
http://www.hoses.co.uk/hydraulics/hydrau...n-fittings

I am going to make mine out of hard line just because I've never build hard line (need a bender).

Installed:

OM606/722.6, big IC, W220 brakes.
Planned:
DIY manifold, compound, 722.6 controller, built IP.
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average