STD Tuning Drivetrain Auto shifters ??

Auto shifters ??

Auto shifters ??

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

monstercrawlers
Naturally-aspirated

11-18-2015, 07:26 PM #1
I've seen a lot of guys using the ole shift kit but this is over complicated and delicate for my application, is there anyone using a ' winters ' style set up or know if it even exists anyway. Is the ole the only one available b4 I commit to manual trans
monstercrawlers
11-18-2015, 07:26 PM #1

I've seen a lot of guys using the ole shift kit but this is over complicated and delicate for my application, is there anyone using a ' winters ' style set up or know if it even exists anyway. Is the ole the only one available b4 I commit to manual trans

whipplem104
Holset

11-18-2015, 07:36 PM #2
The shift is done electronically so a cable driven ratchet shifter is not used. I do not know on Ole's setup but I think you can use any digital switch. On the PCS controller you can use a CAN based tiptronic shifter if you desire a floor mount. Or paddle shifters or any digital input setup.
whipplem104
11-18-2015, 07:36 PM #2

The shift is done electronically so a cable driven ratchet shifter is not used. I do not know on Ole's setup but I think you can use any digital switch. On the PCS controller you can use a CAN based tiptronic shifter if you desire a floor mount. Or paddle shifters or any digital input setup.

monstercrawlers
Naturally-aspirated

11-19-2015, 02:26 AM #3
The winters shifters use a cable to engage you're normal pnrd gates but then use a series of micro switches in the 1234 positions so doesn't work as a auto box as such as you manually shift it but it electronically does it thro the box but you have a nice robust shifter in the cab to grab hold of
monstercrawlers
11-19-2015, 02:26 AM #3

The winters shifters use a cable to engage you're normal pnrd gates but then use a series of micro switches in the 1234 positions so doesn't work as a auto box as such as you manually shift it but it electronically does it thro the box but you have a nice robust shifter in the cab to grab hold of

whipplem104
Holset

11-21-2015, 03:21 PM #4
Can you post a link to which shifter you are talking about. I did a search and could only find shifters for standard cable drive domestic stuff.
whipplem104
11-21-2015, 03:21 PM #4

Can you post a link to which shifter you are talking about. I did a search and could only find shifters for standard cable drive domestic stuff.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average