STD Tuning Drivetrain FYI for all 722.6 equipped cars - WS selector

FYI for all 722.6 equipped cars - WS selector

FYI for all 722.6 equipped cars - WS selector

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

m1tch
GT2559V

10-30-2015, 02:55 AM #1
Hi all,

I have recently had the reason to believe that my car was always stuck in W rather than having the option to set the box in standard - in W mode the car sets off in 2nd (unless you go full throttle and it drops down), it also shifts up sooner.

I was wondering how I could simply disable to switch via a fuse or something as I though the issue might have been electrical, after a bit more research I found that it was actually a tiny plastic plunger underneath the rocker which gets stuck in the down W position.

I found a thread on mbclub which shows the setup, I went out last night and removed the trim, the 1234D sticker and the rocker and lo and behold the tiny plastic plunger was stuck down with dust and muck (the car is on 237k miles).

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/engine/67...blems.html

As a matter of course I would suggest anyone else with the same 722.6 transmission to check the same, you can see on the tread there are some members who thought it was perfectly normal to pull away in 2nd and were amazed at how it was meant to perform.

I found when I did my initial drag runs (which were slow) that when I put my foot down to pull away from the line there was a lag before anything engaged - I now believe that this is due to the car being sat read to pull away in 2nd, it then had to change down to 1st before pulling away.

I would really recommend checking this tiny piece of plastic (it is rectangular fitting in a rectangular hole with quite a close tolerance) - its probably about an inch long and fairly thin. I am even tempted to go back into the transmission and simply remove the plunger and simply have the box set in S all the time.

Just wanted to flag this up with members on here, its not something I would have looked into more if I hadn't noticed the lag - I just thought it was the box being slow as this is the first automatic car I have owned.
m1tch
10-30-2015, 02:55 AM #1

Hi all,

I have recently had the reason to believe that my car was always stuck in W rather than having the option to set the box in standard - in W mode the car sets off in 2nd (unless you go full throttle and it drops down), it also shifts up sooner.

I was wondering how I could simply disable to switch via a fuse or something as I though the issue might have been electrical, after a bit more research I found that it was actually a tiny plastic plunger underneath the rocker which gets stuck in the down W position.

I found a thread on mbclub which shows the setup, I went out last night and removed the trim, the 1234D sticker and the rocker and lo and behold the tiny plastic plunger was stuck down with dust and muck (the car is on 237k miles).

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/engine/67...blems.html

As a matter of course I would suggest anyone else with the same 722.6 transmission to check the same, you can see on the tread there are some members who thought it was perfectly normal to pull away in 2nd and were amazed at how it was meant to perform.

I found when I did my initial drag runs (which were slow) that when I put my foot down to pull away from the line there was a lag before anything engaged - I now believe that this is due to the car being sat read to pull away in 2nd, it then had to change down to 1st before pulling away.

I would really recommend checking this tiny piece of plastic (it is rectangular fitting in a rectangular hole with quite a close tolerance) - its probably about an inch long and fairly thin. I am even tempted to go back into the transmission and simply remove the plunger and simply have the box set in S all the time.

Just wanted to flag this up with members on here, its not something I would have looked into more if I hadn't noticed the lag - I just thought it was the box being slow as this is the first automatic car I have owned.

wanger
Naturally-aspirated

10-30-2015, 03:13 PM #2
i'll try it thanks.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
om606 into Defender 110  Cool
wanger
10-30-2015, 03:13 PM #2

i'll try it thanks.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
om606 into Defender 110  Cool

m1tch
GT2559V

10-31-2015, 06:14 AM #3
(10-30-2015, 03:13 PM)wanger i'll try it thanks.

The good thing is that you don't need to remove the shifter unit, you just need to go in via the top cover.
m1tch
10-31-2015, 06:14 AM #3

(10-30-2015, 03:13 PM)wanger i'll try it thanks.

The good thing is that you don't need to remove the shifter unit, you just need to go in via the top cover.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average