STD Tuning Engine Chinese Holset turbo

Chinese Holset turbo

Chinese Holset turbo

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

50harleyrider
GTA2359VK

10-07-2015, 08:24 AM #1
I recently purchased a Holset HX35W from Alcaid on here and it looks identical to this Ebay one complete with the Chinese writing on the nameplate and the actuator. My question is how can I know if I got a quality turbo as we all know about the reputation of Chinese turbos? Are genuine Holsets actually built in China now? As long as Holset maintains a QA presence in China, maybe it's OK? Hopefully Alcaid will see this thread and post.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GENUINE-HOLS...05&vxp=mtr
This post was last modified: 10-07-2015, 08:26 AM by 50harleyrider.
50harleyrider
10-07-2015, 08:24 AM #1

I recently purchased a Holset HX35W from Alcaid on here and it looks identical to this Ebay one complete with the Chinese writing on the nameplate and the actuator. My question is how can I know if I got a quality turbo as we all know about the reputation of Chinese turbos? Are genuine Holsets actually built in China now? As long as Holset maintains a QA presence in China, maybe it's OK? Hopefully Alcaid will see this thread and post.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GENUINE-HOLS...05&vxp=mtr

awsrock
300SDL / HX30 / 90cc

10-07-2015, 04:03 PM #3
I too am awaiting an Alcaid turbo. Holset has factories in China, as well as India and other places (US, UK). Since Alcaid is in Norway, and I don't know what his connection is, it is possible that it just ships from wherever it is available. So in short, yes, some Holsets are Chinese but under Holset quality control.
awsrock
10-07-2015, 04:03 PM #3

I too am awaiting an Alcaid turbo. Holset has factories in China, as well as India and other places (US, UK). Since Alcaid is in Norway, and I don't know what his connection is, it is possible that it just ships from wherever it is available. So in short, yes, some Holsets are Chinese but under Holset quality control.

raysorenson
Superturbo

10-07-2015, 09:16 PM #4
The first clones had "Holset" cast in the inlet housing. Holset went to court over that. Now the CXracing and ebay clones no longer say holset on them.
raysorenson
10-07-2015, 09:16 PM #4

The first clones had "Holset" cast in the inlet housing. Holset went to court over that. Now the CXracing and ebay clones no longer say holset on them.

50harleyrider
GTA2359VK

10-08-2015, 06:16 AM #5
(10-07-2015, 11:48 AM)raysorenson http://www.myholsetturbo.com/images/hols...ention.pdf

Thanks, Raysorenson. I checked mine against the Holset website checklist and Alcaid did have a genuine Holset sent to me. I guess the Wuhan factory is under Holset QA. I know Porsche does the same over there. Does anyone have any comments on the performance and longevity they've gotten out of them?
50harleyrider
10-08-2015, 06:16 AM #5

(10-07-2015, 11:48 AM)raysorenson http://www.myholsetturbo.com/images/hols...ention.pdf

Thanks, Raysorenson. I checked mine against the Holset website checklist and Alcaid did have a genuine Holset sent to me. I guess the Wuhan factory is under Holset QA. I know Porsche does the same over there. Does anyone have any comments on the performance and longevity they've gotten out of them?

awsrock
300SDL / HX30 / 90cc

10-09-2015, 02:13 PM #6
I just got mine today and it is made in China as well. Funny though that the box says for sale in Mainland China only! Haha. 
It's definitely real though. Looking forward to getting it on my car!
awsrock
10-09-2015, 02:13 PM #6

I just got mine today and it is made in China as well. Funny though that the box says for sale in Mainland China only! Haha. 
It's definitely real though. Looking forward to getting it on my car!

50harleyrider
GTA2359VK

10-12-2015, 07:04 AM #7
I'll be awhile trying mine out as it's an F-150 swap project so if yours is soon, pm me and let me know how it's working out.
50harleyrider
10-12-2015, 07:04 AM #7

I'll be awhile trying mine out as it's an F-150 swap project so if yours is soon, pm me and let me know how it's working out.

awsrock
300SDL / HX30 / 90cc

10-14-2015, 11:27 AM #8
Will do. Probably won't be putting mine in until the end of the month at the earliest. Need to wait on a few parts and get some welding done.
awsrock
10-14-2015, 11:27 AM #8

Will do. Probably won't be putting mine in until the end of the month at the earliest. Need to wait on a few parts and get some welding done.

EDH_Performance
Holset

10-15-2015, 09:32 AM #9
Hi,

I know alcaid (Petter) and i know these come frome the holset factory! China have many big trucks with genuin holset turbosSmile I know he have been searched high and low after a trusted genuin supplier...China have cheap labour but with strick holset quality controle, there is nothing wrong with the product^^
There is ton of fake holsets from the market, but the one from alcaid is genuinSmile
I have bought many from him, also seen many of the one he have sold
Hope this helps while you guys are waiting for alcaid to see this post^^

Best regards Daniel
EDH_Performance
10-15-2015, 09:32 AM #9

Hi,

I know alcaid (Petter) and i know these come frome the holset factory! China have many big trucks with genuin holset turbosSmile I know he have been searched high and low after a trusted genuin supplier...China have cheap labour but with strick holset quality controle, there is nothing wrong with the product^^
There is ton of fake holsets from the market, but the one from alcaid is genuinSmile
I have bought many from him, also seen many of the one he have sold
Hope this helps while you guys are waiting for alcaid to see this post^^

Best regards Daniel

Alcaid
TA 0301

10-16-2015, 03:56 AM #10
Hi guys,

Holset has been producing most of their turbos (and parts for other plants) in their technology and production center in the Wuxi region of China since 2003. Hence the serial number on those turbos starts with a W. A lot of their production is also done in India and the production/assembly lines in UK and US are using a lot of the components from India and China in their turbocharger production. It is a step that Holset has taken to cut cost and also be closer to their main markets, China probably being their biggest marked by far. Products are produced in accordance with the quality requirements valid for all of their plants so no surprises there. It's the real deal.
Alcaid
10-16-2015, 03:56 AM #10

Hi guys,

Holset has been producing most of their turbos (and parts for other plants) in their technology and production center in the Wuxi region of China since 2003. Hence the serial number on those turbos starts with a W. A lot of their production is also done in India and the production/assembly lines in UK and US are using a lot of the components from India and China in their turbocharger production. It is a step that Holset has taken to cut cost and also be closer to their main markets, China probably being their biggest marked by far. Products are produced in accordance with the quality requirements valid for all of their plants so no surprises there. It's the real deal.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average