STD Tuning Drivetrain Clutch options

Clutch options

Clutch options

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRDefender
Naturally-aspirated

10-05-2015, 04:59 PM #1
Hello everyone,

I'm struggling to find a clutch for my 606 project, it's only about 260HP and 380-400NM of torque.

I have a standard OM60x flywheel.

So my question is what off the shelf options do I have for a clutch that will suit my flywheel?

I see there are some mentions of machining the flywheel but what is actually done to it? And what clutch is needed?

Thanks,
LRDefender
10-05-2015, 04:59 PM #1

Hello everyone,

I'm struggling to find a clutch for my 606 project, it's only about 260HP and 380-400NM of torque.

I have a standard OM60x flywheel.

So my question is what off the shelf options do I have for a clutch that will suit my flywheel?

I see there are some mentions of machining the flywheel but what is actually done to it? And what clutch is needed?

Thanks,

F.R.A.S
Holset

10-06-2015, 01:56 AM #2
Hi mate.

The clutch is really your choice as long as it fits your transmission shaft. When you machine a FW you make this to be able to fit the pressure plate you desire. We make it 9-times out of ten or more for the Sachs 765 PP because it´s a cheap and well proven option for up to 1000Nm. And it's for a 240mm clutch so you can run an organic clutch in low power applications like your own.

Remember that you need to machine the FW for the right clutch thickness and when done the lot needs to be balanced.

F-tune Performance [Image: V-band_om606.jpg] [Image: GTX3582R.jpg] [Image: gs6-53dz_gearbox.jpg]

I can help you out with all your manual transmission, clutch, flywheel, intake and exhaust manifold issues.
F.R.A.S
10-06-2015, 01:56 AM #2

Hi mate.

The clutch is really your choice as long as it fits your transmission shaft. When you machine a FW you make this to be able to fit the pressure plate you desire. We make it 9-times out of ten or more for the Sachs 765 PP because it´s a cheap and well proven option for up to 1000Nm. And it's for a 240mm clutch so you can run an organic clutch in low power applications like your own.

Remember that you need to machine the FW for the right clutch thickness and when done the lot needs to be balanced.

F-tune Performance [Image: V-band_om606.jpg] [Image: GTX3582R.jpg] [Image: gs6-53dz_gearbox.jpg]

I can help you out with all your manual transmission, clutch, flywheel, intake and exhaust manifold issues.

LRDefender
Naturally-aspirated

10-06-2015, 02:32 PM #3
Hi F.R.A.S,

Thanks, so can you supply a FW ready to take a 765 PP? How much + shipping to the UK?
LRDefender
10-06-2015, 02:32 PM #3

Hi F.R.A.S,

Thanks, so can you supply a FW ready to take a 765 PP? How much + shipping to the UK?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average