STD Tuning Engine Om603 Twin charging help.

Om603 Twin charging help.

Om603 Twin charging help.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hearns
Naturally-aspirated

08-31-2015, 04:52 AM #1
Hello, i have an om603 with 7mm pump and a hx35w. And i feel like its really slow from 0, and instead of changing turbo i would like to make a twin charge system using a eaton m62 supercharger with a magnetic pulley.
since its goin to be a daily driver also i would be ideal to be able to run it with only the turbo and disconnecting the superchargers magnetic pulley by a switch in the car.
My orignial idea was to make kind of a compound setup, with the supercharger blowing through the turbo and by doing that i think i would be quite easy to let the supercharger disconnect att about 0.7-1.0 bar of pressure and then open a flap in the pressure pipe and let the turbo breathe freely.

All input is welcome.

I also think that the heat from compunding it might be an issue but im by no means an expert when it comes to this..
Hearns
08-31-2015, 04:52 AM #1

Hello, i have an om603 with 7mm pump and a hx35w. And i feel like its really slow from 0, and instead of changing turbo i would like to make a twin charge system using a eaton m62 supercharger with a magnetic pulley.
since its goin to be a daily driver also i would be ideal to be able to run it with only the turbo and disconnecting the superchargers magnetic pulley by a switch in the car.
My orignial idea was to make kind of a compound setup, with the supercharger blowing through the turbo and by doing that i think i would be quite easy to let the supercharger disconnect att about 0.7-1.0 bar of pressure and then open a flap in the pressure pipe and let the turbo breathe freely.

All input is welcome.

I also think that the heat from compunding it might be an issue but im by no means an expert when it comes to this..

Duncansport
Holset

08-31-2015, 06:45 AM #2
(08-31-2015, 04:52 AM)Hearns Hello, i have an om603 with 7mm pump and a hx35w. And i feel like its really slow from 0, and instead of changing turbo i would like to make a twin charge system using a eaton m62 supercharger with a magnetic pulley.

All input is welcome.

Do some searches on here as this topic has been discussed Ad nauseam  Sleepy
Duncansport
08-31-2015, 06:45 AM #2

(08-31-2015, 04:52 AM)Hearns Hello, i have an om603 with 7mm pump and a hx35w. And i feel like its really slow from 0, and instead of changing turbo i would like to make a twin charge system using a eaton m62 supercharger with a magnetic pulley.

All input is welcome.

Do some searches on here as this topic has been discussed Ad nauseam  Sleepy

barrote
Superturbo

08-31-2015, 09:08 AM #3
well , u´re from sweden ?
what u really need is a dieselmeken superpump , with 7.5 mm element , or 8mm.
twin set up , im in favour of that, i belive 2 gt25 or gt22V, i like the idea!!!!
i have one M90 laying around to compound with a big turbine like u say, but honestly i´m happy now.
605 with a hybrid GT23V.

FD,