STD Other FS / WTB / Buying guides Feeler: 1987 300TDT w/606

Feeler: 1987 300TDT w/606

Feeler: 1987 300TDT w/606

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

racerxoffl
K26-2

08-25-2015, 09:54 PM #1
So, after just completing the build I now no longer love the product of all the work.

It has a 1999 w/150k
6mm elements w/performance setup pump
Fresh auto trans packed tight
129 lca's w/ 4 pot 2 pot
Bilstein HD struts & H&R lowering springs
1995 hood & glass lights, vented fender
The custom matte paint job is fading
Chassis odo was broke at 215k w/seller claiming ~250, and I must have added 30 more.

Yeah, I'm not posting pics or committed to selling just wondering if there's a market for it.

Thoughts?
This post was last modified: 08-26-2015, 07:46 AM by racerxoffl.
racerxoffl
08-25-2015, 09:54 PM #1

So, after just completing the build I now no longer love the product of all the work.

It has a 1999 w/150k
6mm elements w/performance setup pump
Fresh auto trans packed tight
129 lca's w/ 4 pot 2 pot
Bilstein HD struts & H&R lowering springs
1995 hood & glass lights, vented fender
The custom matte paint job is fading
Chassis odo was broke at 215k w/seller claiming ~250, and I must have added 30 more.

Yeah, I'm not posting pics or committed to selling just wondering if there's a market for it.

Thoughts?

Mr_Robs
GT2256V

08-26-2015, 01:16 AM #2
How much do you want to sell it for?
Mr_Robs
08-26-2015, 01:16 AM #2

How much do you want to sell it for?

racerxoffl
K26-2

08-26-2015, 06:39 AM #3
Well with my father or I doing all the work I've dumped about 14k into this project, I'm a pretty firm believer I have to lose 50% but my time is worth something. 8k?
racerxoffl
08-26-2015, 06:39 AM #3

Well with my father or I doing all the work I've dumped about 14k into this project, I'm a pretty firm believer I have to lose 50% but my time is worth something. 8k?

racerxoffl
K26-2

08-26-2015, 08:02 AM #4
[Image: vented.png]
[Image: swap.png]
[Image: superpump.jpg]
[Image: orig.jpg]
[Image: drop.jpg]
[Image: hood.png]
[Image: roof.png]
[Image: sides.png]
[Image: seats.png]
racerxoffl
08-26-2015, 08:02 AM #4

[Image: vented.png]
[Image: swap.png]
[Image: superpump.jpg]
[Image: orig.jpg]
[Image: drop.jpg]
[Image: hood.png]
[Image: roof.png]
[Image: sides.png]
[Image: seats.png]

racerxoffl
K26-2

08-26-2015, 08:10 AM #5
So I forgot about the 400E seats, and let me just say: changing a rear wheel bearing on these cars sucks.
3 of 4 corners are rebuilt, I think the "front left" is the one I ran out of time on so its still in a box.
As you change the rears you wonder is it ever going to be the same again...?
I mean I am not going to label this thing a cream puff, but she's set to 14lbs on the stock turbo and can easily loose traction if that's what you want.
Now back to my 50% loss thing, I think this car is worth 10, but I think my other car which I spent ~3x+ as much on is worth 10 with the trunk full of parts. The reason I am ok with so much loss on the other car is I had tons of fun in it. I was building this wagon to pull that car so I could give up on its street legal status and go full "track" setup with it.
In short I have grown tired of the C32 [~400whp/11.97@121] and with my move from FL to NC I see myself making a 2 wheel conversion.
This post was last modified: 08-31-2015, 12:34 PM by racerxoffl.
racerxoffl
08-26-2015, 08:10 AM #5

So I forgot about the 400E seats, and let me just say: changing a rear wheel bearing on these cars sucks.
3 of 4 corners are rebuilt, I think the "front left" is the one I ran out of time on so its still in a box.
As you change the rears you wonder is it ever going to be the same again...?
I mean I am not going to label this thing a cream puff, but she's set to 14lbs on the stock turbo and can easily loose traction if that's what you want.
Now back to my 50% loss thing, I think this car is worth 10, but I think my other car which I spent ~3x+ as much on is worth 10 with the trunk full of parts. The reason I am ok with so much loss on the other car is I had tons of fun in it. I was building this wagon to pull that car so I could give up on its street legal status and go full "track" setup with it.
In short I have grown tired of the C32 [~400whp/11.97@121] and with my move from FL to NC I see myself making a 2 wheel conversion.

racerxoffl
K26-2

08-31-2015, 12:34 PM #6
So, feelers are for ppl to comment, I take it I'm off my rocker...?
racerxoffl
08-31-2015, 12:34 PM #6

So, feelers are for ppl to comment, I take it I'm off my rocker...?

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

09-01-2015, 09:49 AM #7
You're about where you should be price wise, and I whimpered a little when I saw the car.

What's going to get you:
-People on STD are cheapasses (myself included)
-The paint job is going to discourage normal people

Are you on PP? You might get a bit more exposure cross posting.

Got any videos lighting the tires up?

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
09-01-2015, 09:49 AM #7

You're about where you should be price wise, and I whimpered a little when I saw the car.

What's going to get you:
-People on STD are cheapasses (myself included)
-The paint job is going to discourage normal people

Are you on PP? You might get a bit more exposure cross posting.

Got any videos lighting the tires up?

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

racerxoffl
K26-2

09-01-2015, 01:16 PM #8
I could make one, I drove it for the first time in a month today. The tires were flat spotted so I had to "warm them up" a little. I wanted to truck bed liner the car when I first bought it but friends told me I was crazy. I decided to do a deep dive paint job which included popping all the glass out and killing any rust. I honestly think it could be wet sanded and cleared but then there goes the whole point.

Yeah I have a PP account, but I like the crew over here more. I am not saying I won't bleed more than I'd like. Assuming I want to turn no more wrenches and be done with a 5yr love affair what's the low ball number I should be expecting.

Again this is just a feeler, not a for sale. I just want it straight from ppl I respect.

BTW. Try to find a 1987 TDT, it took me two years to find a good one and I shipped it from CA to FL because their hard to find. Remember there was no w210 turbo wagon in the US.
racerxoffl
09-01-2015, 01:16 PM #8

I could make one, I drove it for the first time in a month today. The tires were flat spotted so I had to "warm them up" a little. I wanted to truck bed liner the car when I first bought it but friends told me I was crazy. I decided to do a deep dive paint job which included popping all the glass out and killing any rust. I honestly think it could be wet sanded and cleared but then there goes the whole point.

Yeah I have a PP account, but I like the crew over here more. I am not saying I won't bleed more than I'd like. Assuming I want to turn no more wrenches and be done with a 5yr love affair what's the low ball number I should be expecting.

Again this is just a feeler, not a for sale. I just want it straight from ppl I respect.

BTW. Try to find a 1987 TDT, it took me two years to find a good one and I shipped it from CA to FL because their hard to find. Remember there was no w210 turbo wagon in the US.

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

09-01-2015, 05:58 PM #9
I think it looks mean! Surely someone out there wants a super clean 606
Wagon...

'82 300D -3" straight pipe, ALDA deleted, 3in1 glowshift gauge, HX30, egr-less manifold, A/W intercooler Big Grin
'14 Ram 6.7l cummins -G56 handshaker, wishing it was deleted         
MFSuper90
09-01-2015, 05:58 PM #9

I think it looks mean! Surely someone out there wants a super clean 606
Wagon...

'82 300D -3" straight pipe, ALDA deleted, 3in1 glowshift gauge, HX30, egr-less manifold, A/W intercooler Big Grin
'14 Ram 6.7l cummins -G56 handshaker, wishing it was deleted         

racerxoffl
K26-2

09-01-2015, 06:43 PM #10
My name for this build was RAT-WAGN, but I decided to make the tags match my C32. So one has an S, and the other a Z my wife couldn't spot the difference at the tax collector when we were renewing once. The C32 is also black (not matte) with the same (polished 18x9.5) wheels. Speaking of wheels I really like these, they clean up very easy, but as I said this is just a dirty peek, I don't get any use out of my cars in my new work from home lifestyle. VIR is now my closest track of interest and I'd love to track prep the C32 but there's nothing I think I could enter it into.

They are two sides of the same effed up coin. (me)
Hell, I'd probably bleed more if someone wanted to buy the pair and finish what I started.
racerxoffl
09-01-2015, 06:43 PM #10

My name for this build was RAT-WAGN, but I decided to make the tags match my C32. So one has an S, and the other a Z my wife couldn't spot the difference at the tax collector when we were renewing once. The C32 is also black (not matte) with the same (polished 18x9.5) wheels. Speaking of wheels I really like these, they clean up very easy, but as I said this is just a dirty peek, I don't get any use out of my cars in my new work from home lifestyle. VIR is now my closest track of interest and I'd love to track prep the C32 but there's nothing I think I could enter it into.

They are two sides of the same effed up coin. (me)
Hell, I'd probably bleed more if someone wanted to buy the pair and finish what I started.

ccrelan
Naturally-aspirated

09-01-2015, 08:43 PM #11
Has the 6mm pump been modified with larger elements? What size turbo is on the car?
ccrelan
09-01-2015, 08:43 PM #11

Has the 6mm pump been modified with larger elements? What size turbo is on the car?

racerxoffl
K26-2

09-03-2015, 11:36 AM #12
6mm is the "mod" the om603 pump is a 5.5mm and the om606 (pwm) pump is a 6mm. I had a bosch shop do a full rebuild with all the delivery tweaks and stuff done to it. I dont have a CC numbers but the tech had the pump and injectors and optimised all of it.
racerxoffl
09-03-2015, 11:36 AM #12

6mm is the "mod" the om603 pump is a 5.5mm and the om606 (pwm) pump is a 6mm. I had a bosch shop do a full rebuild with all the delivery tweaks and stuff done to it. I dont have a CC numbers but the tech had the pump and injectors and optimised all of it.

racerxoffl
K26-2

09-03-2015, 01:08 PM #13
Its the stock K14, which is funny because the om603 uses a k22 type. The reason I left it alone for now was I just wanted to bug check everything. The car has ~2k miles on it since the swap and runs like a champ.

If I wind up keeping the car this is going on in the not too distant future:
http://turbobandit.com/en/turbo-engine-t...y-manifold
If you don't follow Roman I suggest you do: https://www.youtube.com/user/PUMPISH/

The up-pipe joint on the car leaves much to be desired, again because I never intended to keep the k14 in place. I would think something like a HX35 would be right for the 6mm pump but I have not even done the research as to exactly what I would use.
racerxoffl
09-03-2015, 01:08 PM #13

Its the stock K14, which is funny because the om603 uses a k22 type. The reason I left it alone for now was I just wanted to bug check everything. The car has ~2k miles on it since the swap and runs like a champ.

If I wind up keeping the car this is going on in the not too distant future:
http://turbobandit.com/en/turbo-engine-t...y-manifold
If you don't follow Roman I suggest you do: https://www.youtube.com/user/PUMPISH/

The up-pipe joint on the car leaves much to be desired, again because I never intended to keep the k14 in place. I would think something like a HX35 would be right for the 6mm pump but I have not even done the research as to exactly what I would use.

capflya
Dreaming of a VNT

09-03-2015, 01:32 PM #14
If I could come up with the cash I'd take it off your hands. I've been wanting a wagon but I don't think I could get $7k out of my 603 5spd swap car even here in NorCal at the moment.

I think your price is fair. You could try benzworld if you're going to post it up for sale. Might be a good audience for this build.
This post was last modified: 09-03-2015, 01:35 PM by capflya.

'98 E300 Turbo "Juliette" - Brabus wheels and almost all the options a w210 could have
'87 300D Turbo "Roxanne" - #22 head - 400E brakes - EGR Delete - 17" Staggered AMG 5 spoke rims from CLK500 - 5 Spd manual
2007 Chevy 2500HD CCSB Duramax with about 400-500 rwhp depending on the tune I use Big Grin
1983 300D Silver Exterior/Black inside - Sold and will be missed, may we never meet in a PnP.
capflya
09-03-2015, 01:32 PM #14

If I could come up with the cash I'd take it off your hands. I've been wanting a wagon but I don't think I could get $7k out of my 603 5spd swap car even here in NorCal at the moment.

I think your price is fair. You could try benzworld if you're going to post it up for sale. Might be a good audience for this build.

'98 E300 Turbo "Juliette" - Brabus wheels and almost all the options a w210 could have
'87 300D Turbo "Roxanne" - #22 head - 400E brakes - EGR Delete - 17" Staggered AMG 5 spoke rims from CLK500 - 5 Spd manual
2007 Chevy 2500HD CCSB Duramax with about 400-500 rwhp depending on the tune I use Big Grin
1983 300D Silver Exterior/Black inside - Sold and will be missed, may we never meet in a PnP.

racerxoffl
K26-2

09-03-2015, 01:48 PM #15
As I said, I am just trying to price the car. If someone had cash waving in my face I still don't know if I would do the deal.

I dont know if what I want is "fair" but I know the reason I married this project was a sub 100k mint 87 wagon is really able to fetch 14k, so I had no problem building my version of what I wanted and tried to keep 0 regard for what others wanted. The only thing I compromised on was the paint, knowing that even if I wanted to cover the car in bed-liner the rust had to be stopped before it was covered up. There were no holes in the car just the typical cancer in edges.

I love w124's you have to know my other projects have all been electrical nightmares my w202 had more mending in the engine harness then I care to admit, and my w203 is littered with modifications to push it farther than any other "stock block, stock blower" known to exist. I have to subtract one wrecked C55 (aftermarket blower) and RobertAMG with his 3.8L with 55k blower from my claims. You won't find my car on Dragtimes either which is why I know there is always the chance of someone faster. If I were to dig in and stay with my MB's I think I have hit the end of 3.2L displacement and RED racing engines would have to do a sleeved block and some nutty compressor added. The problem is: what fun is that? I thought there was something special to my C32 but with how few were made and everyone moving to E55's (which I feel handle worse that a solid axle mustang) I have to attend crossfire events to find people who share my cars DNA.

If I rid myself of the germans I doubt I will come back. It's a bigger problem than just this car.
This post was last modified: 09-03-2015, 01:51 PM by racerxoffl.
racerxoffl
09-03-2015, 01:48 PM #15

As I said, I am just trying to price the car. If someone had cash waving in my face I still don't know if I would do the deal.

I dont know if what I want is "fair" but I know the reason I married this project was a sub 100k mint 87 wagon is really able to fetch 14k, so I had no problem building my version of what I wanted and tried to keep 0 regard for what others wanted. The only thing I compromised on was the paint, knowing that even if I wanted to cover the car in bed-liner the rust had to be stopped before it was covered up. There were no holes in the car just the typical cancer in edges.

I love w124's you have to know my other projects have all been electrical nightmares my w202 had more mending in the engine harness then I care to admit, and my w203 is littered with modifications to push it farther than any other "stock block, stock blower" known to exist. I have to subtract one wrecked C55 (aftermarket blower) and RobertAMG with his 3.8L with 55k blower from my claims. You won't find my car on Dragtimes either which is why I know there is always the chance of someone faster. If I were to dig in and stay with my MB's I think I have hit the end of 3.2L displacement and RED racing engines would have to do a sleeved block and some nutty compressor added. The problem is: what fun is that? I thought there was something special to my C32 but with how few were made and everyone moving to E55's (which I feel handle worse that a solid axle mustang) I have to attend crossfire events to find people who share my cars DNA.

If I rid myself of the germans I doubt I will come back. It's a bigger problem than just this car.

raysorenson
Superturbo

09-04-2015, 11:52 AM #16
What sucks is that gas is 2$ a gallon and a whole lot of people just don't see the upside to a diesel right now.
raysorenson
09-04-2015, 11:52 AM #16

What sucks is that gas is 2$ a gallon and a whole lot of people just don't see the upside to a diesel right now.

racerxoffl
K26-2

09-04-2015, 01:00 PM #17
Well, my family was an all diesel family before gas was 2$/gal. I was born in 82 so I am not some old timer.
http://floatingpath.wpengine.netdna-cdn....e-2013.png
I don't recall who broke the ranks first but my sister's first car was a om617 car, and then somehow we both wound up with w201 8v gassers.

The way I like to tell it, you can start my car up fueled on svo and take the battery out and drive cross country. These mechanical diesels are just so good. I had changed everything over to viton bits when it had its original 603, but as I never found a source of b100 I didn't worry about it with the 606 install. This is a great zombie apocalypse asset.

Now as to all the cars "claiming" over 40mpg today I say show me, get the hypermiling hipster out and let me with my lead foot really drive it for a week. This car has a rewarding amount of power, old german refined workings, and is a real pleasure to drive. Lets see what these 40mpg econoboxes look like in 30yrs and then decide which was really better for the environment.
racerxoffl
09-04-2015, 01:00 PM #17

Well, my family was an all diesel family before gas was 2$/gal. I was born in 82 so I am not some old timer.
http://floatingpath.wpengine.netdna-cdn....e-2013.png
I don't recall who broke the ranks first but my sister's first car was a om617 car, and then somehow we both wound up with w201 8v gassers.

The way I like to tell it, you can start my car up fueled on svo and take the battery out and drive cross country. These mechanical diesels are just so good. I had changed everything over to viton bits when it had its original 603, but as I never found a source of b100 I didn't worry about it with the 606 install. This is a great zombie apocalypse asset.

Now as to all the cars "claiming" over 40mpg today I say show me, get the hypermiling hipster out and let me with my lead foot really drive it for a week. This car has a rewarding amount of power, old german refined workings, and is a real pleasure to drive. Lets see what these 40mpg econoboxes look like in 30yrs and then decide which was really better for the environment.

pirublues
Naturally-aspirated

09-04-2015, 07:20 PM #18
This shit is so cool. I wish I had a spare 9k to get this. But, I'm trying to come up with money for a 996. Plus, I already have a std w123. I really like this car and the price is fair in my opinion. An om606 wagon is an ideal car in my opinion!
pirublues
09-04-2015, 07:20 PM #18

This shit is so cool. I wish I had a spare 9k to get this. But, I'm trying to come up with money for a 996. Plus, I already have a std w123. I really like this car and the price is fair in my opinion. An om606 wagon is an ideal car in my opinion!

atypicalguy
Holset

09-06-2015, 05:55 PM #19
I'm guessing no A/c, but then how do you drive it in florida?
atypicalguy
09-06-2015, 05:55 PM #19

I'm guessing no A/c, but then how do you drive it in florida?

racerxoffl
K26-2

09-07-2015, 07:03 PM #20
I moved to NC last June. The A/C was nice and cold till the damn compressor seized up, crap ebay seller only gave 6mo warr. I plan on fixing it even though fall is here. I can bother them to see if they will stand behind it, I mean I think they sold it to me 9mo ago? See not living in FL anymore means no more free shop tools.

I managed to shoot you all a crap video, sorry this was just a one shot hit, I had yardwork to do.
http://youtu.be/5fR-CooE2kI
racerxoffl
09-07-2015, 07:03 PM #20

I moved to NC last June. The A/C was nice and cold till the damn compressor seized up, crap ebay seller only gave 6mo warr. I plan on fixing it even though fall is here. I can bother them to see if they will stand behind it, I mean I think they sold it to me 9mo ago? See not living in FL anymore means no more free shop tools.

I managed to shoot you all a crap video, sorry this was just a one shot hit, I had yardwork to do.
http://youtu.be/5fR-CooE2kI

racerxoffl
K26-2

09-07-2015, 07:24 PM #21
Before someone asks, that's a 0-30 gauge and I noticed a boost spike I didn't like. ☺
racerxoffl
09-07-2015, 07:24 PM #21

Before someone asks, that's a 0-30 gauge and I noticed a boost spike I didn't like. ☺

CRD4x4
CompoundSuperTurboDiesel4x4!

09-08-2015, 06:29 AM #22
Since this is just a feeler & it's gotten some attention I hope you don't mind me asking the forum:

How much would this car be worth in the US if it had a strong manual transmission?
CRD4x4
09-08-2015, 06:29 AM #22

Since this is just a feeler & it's gotten some attention I hope you don't mind me asking the forum:

How much would this car be worth in the US if it had a strong manual transmission?

racerxoffl
K26-2

09-08-2015, 07:07 AM #23
In my w202 project I used a 717.430 and paid SPEC clutches to do the setup for the product offerings they now have on their site. (My car had a stage 3+ with a lightened single mass) I was setting this car up for trailering and you don't want to start off with 4k lbs behind you with a clutch.

I don't mind any questions, this is really me asking you guys for validation of what I think the value is. It's not like I can find 5 examples like this anywhere.
This post was last modified: 09-08-2015, 07:10 AM by racerxoffl.
racerxoffl
09-08-2015, 07:07 AM #23

In my w202 project I used a 717.430 and paid SPEC clutches to do the setup for the product offerings they now have on their site. (My car had a stage 3+ with a lightened single mass) I was setting this car up for trailering and you don't want to start off with 4k lbs behind you with a clutch.

I don't mind any questions, this is really me asking you guys for validation of what I think the value is. It's not like I can find 5 examples like this anywhere.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average