STD Tuning Engine UK ECU tuning

UK ECU tuning

UK ECU tuning

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

m1tch
GT2559V

07-30-2015, 03:37 PM #1
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knew where in the UK would be best to get my E300 ECU tuned, it seems that most of them are in the US and I haven't found any in the UK - most tuners only touch the CDI rather than the OM606 engines.

Can anyone help me on this Smile
m1tch
07-30-2015, 03:37 PM #1

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knew where in the UK would be best to get my E300 ECU tuned, it seems that most of them are in the US and I haven't found any in the UK - most tuners only touch the CDI rather than the OM606 engines.

Can anyone help me on this Smile

seanyt
is300d He351ve

07-31-2015, 10:12 AM #2
The ecu needs to get socketted.
Most people dont get involved cause its time consuming.
But mapping is not an issue .
Ive a lad in ireland who maps my edc ecu.
But i socketted it myself and its a pita.
seanyt
07-31-2015, 10:12 AM #2

The ecu needs to get socketted.

m1tch
GT2559V

07-31-2015, 12:13 PM #3
(07-31-2015, 10:12 AM)seanyt The ecu needs to get socketted.

That's what I mean - do you have any contact details for them? I have a spare ECU (I am aware that they are locked to the car but I figured I might be able to use the ECU and socket the chip) - is there no way to reflash them at all or does the chip need removing before reflashing?
m1tch
07-31-2015, 12:13 PM #3

(07-31-2015, 10:12 AM)seanyt The ecu needs to get socketted.

That's what I mean - do you have any contact details for them? I have a spare ECU (I am aware that they are locked to the car but I figured I might be able to use the ECU and socket the chip) - is there no way to reflash them at all or does the chip need removing before reflashing?

seanyt
is300d He351ve

07-31-2015, 05:28 PM #4
They go under WWW.tdr.ie
You can't flash these ECUs.
But you will need to sort out the immobiliser on your spare ecu. To get it to work or de immo
seanyt
07-31-2015, 05:28 PM #4

They go under WWW.tdr.ie
But you will need to sort out the immobiliser on your spare ecu. To get it to work or de immo

m1tch
GT2559V

08-01-2015, 05:01 AM #5
(07-31-2015, 05:28 PM)seanyt They go under WWW.tdr.ie

Thanks for that, I will get in contact with them - I bought the spare ECU to possibly be cloned so I had a spare in case I had any issues with the stock one.
m1tch
08-01-2015, 05:01 AM #5

(07-31-2015, 05:28 PM)seanyt They go under WWW.tdr.ie

Thanks for that, I will get in contact with them - I bought the spare ECU to possibly be cloned so I had a spare in case I had any issues with the stock one.

seanyt
is300d He351ve

08-01-2015, 06:12 AM #6
I know when i de immo my ecu. i just had to rewrite one chip to suit the cr1 immo delete..
You may be able to do the same to make your spare ecu by writing the working ecu code across.
seanyt
08-01-2015, 06:12 AM #6

I know when i de immo my ecu. i just had to rewrite one chip to suit the cr1 immo delete..
You may be able to do the same to make your spare ecu by writing the working ecu code across.

m1tch
GT2559V

08-02-2015, 10:22 AM #7
(08-01-2015, 06:12 AM)seanyt I know when i de immo my ecu. i just had to rewrite one chip to suit the cr1 immo delete..

What software did you need to read the original ECU code? Does it need to be removed and socketed before it can be read? I am tempted to get the spare ECU socketed and then simply read the code from the original ECU and then reflash the spare.
m1tch
08-02-2015, 10:22 AM #7

(08-01-2015, 06:12 AM)seanyt I know when i de immo my ecu. i just had to rewrite one chip to suit the cr1 immo delete..

What software did you need to read the original ECU code? Does it need to be removed and socketed before it can be read? I am tempted to get the spare ECU socketed and then simply read the code from the original ECU and then reflash the spare.

50harleyrider
GTA2359VK

08-04-2015, 06:24 AM #8
I hope you find the answers to your questions. I plan on running the MB ecu in my F150 swap with immo intact for security and as many of the necessary modules as possible for speedometer,cruise control,etc. I've been spoiled with my TDI's seeing everything in VCDS with my Ross Tech cable and software. Has any OBD port accessible software been developed and available for the W210 MB Bosch ecu and other modules?
This post was last modified: 08-04-2015, 06:28 AM by 50harleyrider.
50harleyrider
08-04-2015, 06:24 AM #8

I hope you find the answers to your questions. I plan on running the MB ecu in my F150 swap with immo intact for security and as many of the necessary modules as possible for speedometer,cruise control,etc. I've been spoiled with my TDI's seeing everything in VCDS with my Ross Tech cable and software. Has any OBD port accessible software been developed and available for the W210 MB Bosch ecu and other modules?

m1tch
GT2559V

08-04-2015, 07:15 AM #9
(08-04-2015, 06:24 AM)50harleyrider I hope you find the answers to your questions. I plan on running the MB ecu in my F150 swap with immo intact for security and as many of the necessary modules as possible for speedometer,cruise control,etc. I've been spoiled with my TDI's seeing everything in VCDS with my Ross Tech cable and software. Has any OBD port accessible software been developed and available for the W210 MB Bosch ecu and other modules?

I think the issue is that it uses a DAS system, the ECU is locked to the car's VIN after around 50 starts of the car, its also locked into the TCU as well for the gearbox, might be easier for you to run an OM603 mechanical pump and avoid the ECU - its a real faff to try and sort out as I have a feeling only the STARS system can read it. I will keep this thread updated if I do find something though, but I have a feeling that the chip needs to be resocketed with a different reflashable chip and copy over the OEM coding etc.
m1tch
08-04-2015, 07:15 AM #9

(08-04-2015, 06:24 AM)50harleyrider I hope you find the answers to your questions. I plan on running the MB ecu in my F150 swap with immo intact for security and as many of the necessary modules as possible for speedometer,cruise control,etc. I've been spoiled with my TDI's seeing everything in VCDS with my Ross Tech cable and software. Has any OBD port accessible software been developed and available for the W210 MB Bosch ecu and other modules?

I think the issue is that it uses a DAS system, the ECU is locked to the car's VIN after around 50 starts of the car, its also locked into the TCU as well for the gearbox, might be easier for you to run an OM603 mechanical pump and avoid the ECU - its a real faff to try and sort out as I have a feeling only the STARS system can read it. I will keep this thread updated if I do find something though, but I have a feeling that the chip needs to be resocketed with a different reflashable chip and copy over the OEM coding etc.

pryantcc
TA 0301

08-10-2015, 06:09 AM #10
You're right, there is a DAS system. The key provides a code which the ECU is looking for. The code changes each time, I think but both key and ECU have the same algorithm to calculate it.
I've bypassed the DAS on mine and it works fine with the electronic pump. I took it to a guy who soldered in a tiny little emulator board. He then sets the ECU into "new key" mode which means it is waiting to learn a code from a replacement key. When the ECU is powered up, the emulator provides the code to the ECU which allows the engine to start. No fancy Merc key required. Works great! Occasionally, it seems that the emulator isn't fast enough or something and I can hear a clunk from the pump area when I turn on the ignition. When I hear the clunk, I know it won't start, so just turn the key off and on again and all is well.

I have a manual gearbox so don't know if there would be any impact on the Transmission computer.

1992 W201 190D 2.0L and 1971 W108 280SE with OM606, electronic pump and 6 speed manual gearbox.
pryantcc
08-10-2015, 06:09 AM #10

You're right, there is a DAS system. The key provides a code which the ECU is looking for. The code changes each time, I think but both key and ECU have the same algorithm to calculate it.
I've bypassed the DAS on mine and it works fine with the electronic pump. I took it to a guy who soldered in a tiny little emulator board. He then sets the ECU into "new key" mode which means it is waiting to learn a code from a replacement key. When the ECU is powered up, the emulator provides the code to the ECU which allows the engine to start. No fancy Merc key required. Works great! Occasionally, it seems that the emulator isn't fast enough or something and I can hear a clunk from the pump area when I turn on the ignition. When I hear the clunk, I know it won't start, so just turn the key off and on again and all is well.

I have a manual gearbox so don't know if there would be any impact on the Transmission computer.

1992 W201 190D 2.0L and 1971 W108 280SE with OM606, electronic pump and 6 speed manual gearbox.

Turbo
Holset

08-10-2015, 02:55 PM #11
(08-10-2015, 06:09 AM)pryantcc are you going to tune your engine? You're right, there is a DAS system. The key provides a code which the ECU is looking for. The code changes each time, I think but both key and ECU have the same algorithm to calculate it.

Turbo
08-10-2015, 02:55 PM #11

(08-10-2015, 06:09 AM)pryantcc are you going to tune your engine? You're right, there is a DAS system. The key provides a code which the ECU is looking for. The code changes each time, I think but both key and ECU have the same algorithm to calculate it.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average