STD Tuning Drivetrain 722.6 - change or upgrade?

722.6 - change or upgrade?

722.6 - change or upgrade?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

m1tch
GT2559V

07-03-2015, 01:50 PM #1
Hi all,

Just wondering what the best option would be with regards to my gearbox, would it be easier to keep the 722.6 gearbox and install uprated AMG solenoids or a Transgo kit or would it be better to change to a different box - if so which sort?
m1tch
07-03-2015, 01:50 PM #1

Hi all,

Just wondering what the best option would be with regards to my gearbox, would it be easier to keep the 722.6 gearbox and install uprated AMG solenoids or a Transgo kit or would it be better to change to a different box - if so which sort?

whipplem104
Holset

07-03-2015, 06:01 PM #2
I assume you have a car with a factory 722.6. If so it is difficult to remove the transmission and get the car to work. Just upgrade the trans if you are having problems with additional power. What vehicle is it in?
whipplem104
07-03-2015, 06:01 PM #2

I assume you have a car with a factory 722.6. If so it is difficult to remove the transmission and get the car to work. Just upgrade the trans if you are having problems with additional power. What vehicle is it in?

m1tch
GT2559V

07-04-2015, 03:53 AM #3
(07-03-2015, 06:01 PM)whipplem104 I assume you have a car with a factory 722.6. If so it is difficult to remove the transmission and get the car to work. Just upgrade the trans if you are having problems with additional power. What vehicle is it in?

Yeah its stock on the car, its a W210 E300 turbodiesel wagon, its got the OM606.962 engine, I will look into upgrading the valve body as I am looking to drop the gearbox pan to change the filter and fluids. I am not having issues at the moment with power, but I know I will at some point so increasing the clutch pack pressure would stop the transmissions flaring between shifts.
m1tch
07-04-2015, 03:53 AM #3

(07-03-2015, 06:01 PM)whipplem104 I assume you have a car with a factory 722.6. If so it is difficult to remove the transmission and get the car to work. Just upgrade the trans if you are having problems with additional power. What vehicle is it in?

Yeah its stock on the car, its a W210 E300 turbodiesel wagon, its got the OM606.962 engine, I will look into upgrading the valve body as I am looking to drop the gearbox pan to change the filter and fluids. I am not having issues at the moment with power, but I know I will at some point so increasing the clutch pack pressure would stop the transmissions flaring between shifts.

whipplem104
Holset

07-04-2015, 06:21 AM #4
Well you should not be flaring between shifts because you have torque management during gear changes. But if you are making significantly more power than stock then adding some pressure would help with handling it. It would be better to drop the transmission and build it to handle the power and leave the pressures alone. That way you still get the daily driver quality with the ability to hold the power you are making as well. If you are going to increase shift pressure at all just use the blue top solenoids.
whipplem104
07-04-2015, 06:21 AM #4

Well you should not be flaring between shifts because you have torque management during gear changes. But if you are making significantly more power than stock then adding some pressure would help with handling it. It would be better to drop the transmission and build it to handle the power and leave the pressures alone. That way you still get the daily driver quality with the ability to hold the power you are making as well. If you are going to increase shift pressure at all just use the blue top solenoids.

m1tch
GT2559V

07-04-2015, 10:39 AM #5
(07-04-2015, 06:21 AM)whipplem104 Well you should not be flaring between shifts because you have torque management during gear changes. But if you are making significantly more power than stock then adding some pressure would help with handling it. It would be better to drop the transmission and build it to handle the power and leave the pressures alone. That way you still get the daily driver quality with the ability to hold the power you are making as well. If you are going to increase shift pressure at all just use the blue top solenoids.

Thanks for that, I will look to fit the blue top solinoids at some point, the car is stock at the moment, however would be running hopefully over 300-400bhp at some point. Its not flaring at the stock levels but I just need to work out the best upgrade route.
m1tch
07-04-2015, 10:39 AM #5

(07-04-2015, 06:21 AM)whipplem104 Well you should not be flaring between shifts because you have torque management during gear changes. But if you are making significantly more power than stock then adding some pressure would help with handling it. It would be better to drop the transmission and build it to handle the power and leave the pressures alone. That way you still get the daily driver quality with the ability to hold the power you are making as well. If you are going to increase shift pressure at all just use the blue top solenoids.

Thanks for that, I will look to fit the blue top solinoids at some point, the car is stock at the moment, however would be running hopefully over 300-400bhp at some point. Its not flaring at the stock levels but I just need to work out the best upgrade route.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average