STD Tuning Engine w202 no boost preassure

w202 no boost preassure

w202 no boost preassure

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Repetitio
GT2256V

07-02-2015, 01:55 AM #1
hey, just bought my c250 turbodiesel yesterday. We recognized that there is a lot of power missing and went to a garage. They looked at the failure memory and told us the car doesn´t build any boost preassure...Do you have any idea what this could be? Engine sounds very well, no smoke, runs good, starts good, only thing is it has like no power Big Grin are there any weak parts of the turbo that i could check myself? BTW the car has run 188000 km.
Thanks Wink
Repetitio
07-02-2015, 01:55 AM #1

hey, just bought my c250 turbodiesel yesterday. We recognized that there is a lot of power missing and went to a garage. They looked at the failure memory and told us the car doesn´t build any boost preassure...Do you have any idea what this could be? Engine sounds very well, no smoke, runs good, starts good, only thing is it has like no power Big Grin are there any weak parts of the turbo that i could check myself? BTW the car has run 188000 km.
Thanks Wink

fega72
Naturally-aspirated

07-02-2015, 02:01 AM #2
Hi! Possible air leak between the turbo and the cylinder head. If your car has got the plastic intake manifold my bet is the manifold gaskets (O rings).
fega72
07-02-2015, 02:01 AM #2

Hi! Possible air leak between the turbo and the cylinder head. If your car has got the plastic intake manifold my bet is the manifold gaskets (O rings).

Repetitio
GT2256V

07-02-2015, 03:44 AM #3
If there would be a leak, i would here that or not? car is build in 1996... I will check that later. But if there would be a leak, i would here that or not?
This post was last modified: 07-02-2015, 03:45 AM by Repetitio.
Repetitio
07-02-2015, 03:44 AM #3

If there would be a leak, i would here that or not? car is build in 1996... I will check that later. But if there would be a leak, i would here that or not?

barrote
Superturbo

07-02-2015, 06:00 AM #4
check wg actuator hose , and EGR solenoid valves for proper operation, usually in those cars EGR messes up with the WG actuator .
look for vacum hoses loose . u´ll find your problema.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
07-02-2015, 06:00 AM #4

check wg actuator hose , and EGR solenoid valves for proper operation, usually in those cars EGR messes up with the WG actuator .
look for vacum hoses loose . u´ll find your problema.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

Repetitio
GT2256V

07-02-2015, 10:14 AM #5
well i pulle dof the egr hose and checked the wg actuator that goes in on the top. all of them are ok...what i recognized is, that the power gets worse the warmer the engine gets. Any ideas what this could mean?
Repetitio
07-02-2015, 10:14 AM #5

well i pulle dof the egr hose and checked the wg actuator that goes in on the top. all of them are ok...what i recognized is, that the power gets worse the warmer the engine gets. Any ideas what this could mean?

barrote
Superturbo

07-02-2015, 10:33 AM #6
that makes sence with what i was directing u . in those cars the wg is open when engine is stoped. once the engine is solicited to produce power from idle it will close the wg to get u some boost! sometimes the wg does not close and boost cant build , therefore makes the engine a lot less powerfull.
the thing is that the EGR system usually is closed when big power is solicited, so the ingestion of exaust stop, the wg operates to fully closed and boost will build up.
if for any reason the EGR main valve is open, boost wont build cause it escapes to the exaust and the engine is running on hot air and exaust fumes.
if i was u , first i checked for lose hoses or leaking hoses in this system, EGR and WG actuator,
2- checked leaks in the turbo piping
3- check waste gate actuator operation u can even close it mechanically for trial, anyhow when u throtle the car unloaded (park and hood open) u should feel the turbo hoses getting harder with the pressure.
4- EGR valves
5- assuming the MAF is operating well and the engine is not going limp mode, u may have a turbo problema.
if u follow this u´ll son find the cause , i bet vac lines.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
07-02-2015, 10:33 AM #6

that makes sence with what i was directing u . in those cars the wg is open when engine is stoped. once the engine is solicited to produce power from idle it will close the wg to get u some boost! sometimes the wg does not close and boost cant build , therefore makes the engine a lot less powerfull.
the thing is that the EGR system usually is closed when big power is solicited, so the ingestion of exaust stop, the wg operates to fully closed and boost will build up.
if for any reason the EGR main valve is open, boost wont build cause it escapes to the exaust and the engine is running on hot air and exaust fumes.
if i was u , first i checked for lose hoses or leaking hoses in this system, EGR and WG actuator,
2- checked leaks in the turbo piping
3- check waste gate actuator operation u can even close it mechanically for trial, anyhow when u throtle the car unloaded (park and hood open) u should feel the turbo hoses getting harder with the pressure.
4- EGR valves
5- assuming the MAF is operating well and the engine is not going limp mode, u may have a turbo problema.
if u follow this u´ll son find the cause , i bet vac lines.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

Repetitio
GT2256V

07-03-2015, 12:14 AM #7
Found the issue, i think it was the air filter. As soon as i took the piping away from the filter, the turbo was running happily. I drove a round and the power was great. I got a new filter and everything is fine. I also put away the egr hose, maybe this solved the issue?
Repetitio
07-03-2015, 12:14 AM #7

Found the issue, i think it was the air filter. As soon as i took the piping away from the filter, the turbo was running happily. I drove a round and the power was great. I got a new filter and everything is fine. I also put away the egr hose, maybe this solved the issue?

Repetitio
GT2256V

07-12-2015, 12:51 PM #8
DAMN! Same problem came up again, i drove the car for 1 week without problems! I dont know what to do, checked all pipes and everything, can´t find the problem. Anybody got an idea what it could be? maybe something electronically?
Repetitio
07-12-2015, 12:51 PM #8

DAMN! Same problem came up again, i drove the car for 1 week without problems! I dont know what to do, checked all pipes and everything, can´t find the problem. Anybody got an idea what it could be? maybe something electronically?

barrote
Superturbo

07-12-2015, 01:53 PM #9
follow post #6 , sure it wasn´t the air filter...
something is outside is place ....

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
07-12-2015, 01:53 PM #9

follow post #6 , sure it wasn´t the air filter...
something is outside is place ....

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

Volker407
naturally aspirated

07-15-2015, 04:27 AM #10
Yes, check air filter again.

Under the air intake behind the fuel filter there is a "fuel pre-warming switching device"
That sometimes gets stuck and the many plastic connectors around it like to become leaky.

When they do you suck air into your fuel system. The clear tubes should be free of air bubbles.

Gruß
Volker
Volker407
07-15-2015, 04:27 AM #10

Yes, check air filter again.

Under the air intake behind the fuel filter there is a "fuel pre-warming switching device"
That sometimes gets stuck and the many plastic connectors around it like to become leaky.

When they do you suck air into your fuel system. The clear tubes should be free of air bubbles.

Gruß
Volker

Repetitio
GT2256V

07-15-2015, 11:48 AM #11
I think its not a problem with fuel if it doesn´t build any boost preassure? I checked all pipings again, and found a little leak in the vakuum line (you´ve been right). I fixed it for trying with some tape, but it wasn´t the issue, car has still the same problem. When i close the wastegate manually, it builds up boost preassure...It´s really starting to piss me off. If try to "suck" at the vakuum lines with my mouth, do they have to be completely closed? Or is it normal that i can suck a little air through them? Sorry for so much sucking but since i´m from germany i dont know another word Big Grin i hope you guys know what i mean
Repetitio
07-15-2015, 11:48 AM #11

I think its not a problem with fuel if it doesn´t build any boost preassure? I checked all pipings again, and found a little leak in the vakuum line (you´ve been right). I fixed it for trying with some tape, but it wasn´t the issue, car has still the same problem. When i close the wastegate manually, it builds up boost preassure...It´s really starting to piss me off. If try to "suck" at the vakuum lines with my mouth, do they have to be completely closed? Or is it normal that i can suck a little air through them? Sorry for so much sucking but since i´m from germany i dont know another word Big Grin i hope you guys know what i mean

Booster
GT2559V

07-15-2015, 12:58 PM #12
(07-15-2015, 11:48 AM)Repetitio I think its not a problem with fuel if it doesn´t build any boost preassure? I checked all pipings again, and found a little leak in the vakuum line (you´ve been right). I fixed it for trying with some tape, but it wasn´t the issue, car has still the same problem. When i close the wastegate manually, it builds up boost preassure...It´s really starting to piss me off. If try to "suck" at the vakuum lines with my mouth, do they have to be completely closed? Or is it normal that i can suck a little air through them? Sorry for so much sucking but since i´m from germany i dont know another word Big Grin i hope you guys know what i mean

It needs fuel to make boost..... 

No fuel - no boost.

(Not saying this is your issue I'm just saying)
Booster
07-15-2015, 12:58 PM #12

(07-15-2015, 11:48 AM)Repetitio I think its not a problem with fuel if it doesn´t build any boost preassure? I checked all pipings again, and found a little leak in the vakuum line (you´ve been right). I fixed it for trying with some tape, but it wasn´t the issue, car has still the same problem. When i close the wastegate manually, it builds up boost preassure...It´s really starting to piss me off. If try to "suck" at the vakuum lines with my mouth, do they have to be completely closed? Or is it normal that i can suck a little air through them? Sorry for so much sucking but since i´m from germany i dont know another word Big Grin i hope you guys know what i mean

It needs fuel to make boost..... 

No fuel - no boost.

(Not saying this is your issue I'm just saying)

barrote
Superturbo

07-15-2015, 01:33 PM #13
u got to check the vac lines , actuators and electrical lines. in the vac lines there are restrictors, u can´t make it with out a diagram.
find someone that can help u with "autodata" usually u find both vac and electric diagrams.
ussually is something in the EGR system, that is preventing the turbo to kick in. or u can just plug a vac line to turbo actuator a F&%$# everithing else, as long as the vac is at the actuator the car will rock.
sorry i dont have diagrams for that car, only next week i may find some , for that i need VIN number of your car, the wdb202XXXXXXXXX nr.
regards

FD,