STD Tuning Engine OM606, 6mm elements in mechanical pump

OM606, 6mm elements in mechanical pump

OM606, 6mm elements in mechanical pump

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Matej
GT2256V

06-24-2015, 11:20 PM #1
Hello gentlemen,
For the time being I will be holding off on getting a Superpump, as I would like to just finish the rest of the car and get it driving this year, becoming familiar with the diesel along the way. A tuned pump will probably come next year.

However, I would at least like to swap the 6mm elements from the turbo OM606 pump into the mechanical pump I will be using.
Is the 6mm element swap something that can be performed at home? Are there any other do-it-yourself pump/injector mods I can to do to get the most out of the setup? I do plan to remove the rack limiter. If there is anything else, I would be happy to learn more about it.

I am primarily inspired by dieselmeken getting 274hp out of an OM605 with the 6mm elements in this thread:
http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/show...p?tid=2387

Obviously that is with modified delivery valves which I assume requires a skilled diesel machine shop, but if I could get anywhere close to those numbers on an OM606 with only mods I could do myself at home, I would be quite happy for now.
Of course proper turbo and manifold choice plays a big role as well, but I believe I should be fine on that front.

Thank you for any input.

Irony.cc
Matej
06-24-2015, 11:20 PM #1

Hello gentlemen,
For the time being I will be holding off on getting a Superpump, as I would like to just finish the rest of the car and get it driving this year, becoming familiar with the diesel along the way. A tuned pump will probably come next year.

However, I would at least like to swap the 6mm elements from the turbo OM606 pump into the mechanical pump I will be using.
Is the 6mm element swap something that can be performed at home? Are there any other do-it-yourself pump/injector mods I can to do to get the most out of the setup? I do plan to remove the rack limiter. If there is anything else, I would be happy to learn more about it.

I am primarily inspired by dieselmeken getting 274hp out of an OM605 with the 6mm elements in this thread:
http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/show...p?tid=2387

Obviously that is with modified delivery valves which I assume requires a skilled diesel machine shop, but if I could get anywhere close to those numbers on an OM606 with only mods I could do myself at home, I would be quite happy for now.
Of course proper turbo and manifold choice plays a big role as well, but I believe I should be fine on that front.

Thank you for any input.

Irony.cc

Booster
GT2559V

06-25-2015, 01:19 AM #2
I might be wrong but no, it's not something that you can just do at home.

Even if your ok swapping the elements its setting them up that you need skill and machines for!!

If you pay for this you might as well get bigger elements and do it once.
Booster
06-25-2015, 01:19 AM #2

I might be wrong but no, it's not something that you can just do at home.

Even if your ok swapping the elements its setting them up that you need skill and machines for!!

If you pay for this you might as well get bigger elements and do it once.

barrote
Superturbo

06-25-2015, 04:00 AM #3
hehe , more less that, but not only that....
after element swap pump must be assembled again , and for instance the timing mechanism need to be set in the 18ºc área (start of injection in cylinder one) i cant see how u can do that without a bench tester. there are ways of getting the camshaft out without touching the masses(timing device) and after that the idle quantity and quality must be tune in the right place.
the rest is not so important.
well , my advice is that, is better to install the biguer elements at once and restrict fueling by aceleration, or other means, wich can be done.
i could do that job for u , but since u are in us is too far (shipping cost) for us to get a deal.

and to have 270hp from a 605 a lot more than speciall dv is needed. but a 6mm element can inject enough for that. by the way some 6mm can put out 140cc.

regards

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
06-25-2015, 04:00 AM #3

hehe , more less that, but not only that....
after element swap pump must be assembled again , and for instance the timing mechanism need to be set in the 18ºc área (start of injection in cylinder one) i cant see how u can do that without a bench tester. there are ways of getting the camshaft out without touching the masses(timing device) and after that the idle quantity and quality must be tune in the right place.
the rest is not so important.
well , my advice is that, is better to install the biguer elements at once and restrict fueling by aceleration, or other means, wich can be done.
i could do that job for u , but since u are in us is too far (shipping cost) for us to get a deal.

and to have 270hp from a 605 a lot more than speciall dv is needed. but a 6mm element can inject enough for that. by the way some 6mm can put out 140cc.

regards

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

m1tch
GT2559V

06-25-2015, 04:13 PM #4
The actual swapping out of the elements isn't amazingly easy as you need to take everything out of the pump and put it back again in the correct order and orientation, the issue you will come up against is the balancing of each of the elements for the injectors - something you can kinda bodge via DIY methods however to do it properly you need a Bosch machine to correctly read the flow rates of each of the elements.

I was thinking about doing it DIY, however after reading into it, its much better to get it rebuilt professionally who then renew all the seals, check everything over and correctly balance it - you might find a DIY element change will actually be worse than a stock pump if its not set up correctly.
m1tch
06-25-2015, 04:13 PM #4

The actual swapping out of the elements isn't amazingly easy as you need to take everything out of the pump and put it back again in the correct order and orientation, the issue you will come up against is the balancing of each of the elements for the injectors - something you can kinda bodge via DIY methods however to do it properly you need a Bosch machine to correctly read the flow rates of each of the elements.

I was thinking about doing it DIY, however after reading into it, its much better to get it rebuilt professionally who then renew all the seals, check everything over and correctly balance it - you might find a DIY element change will actually be worse than a stock pump if its not set up correctly.

barrote
Superturbo

06-25-2015, 04:32 PM #5
i know about that , i use to do it professionally Wink thats why i said that.
but if u want i´ll do it for u as i said . if the EDC does not work i´ll swap them in the mech for free. (shipping not included)
regards.

FD,