STD Maintenance General Wich Car Should i Pick for Diesel ~300hp and some Torque

Wich Car Should i Pick for Diesel ~300hp and some Torque

Wich Car Should i Pick for Diesel ~300hp and some Torque

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

McMarcy
Unregistered

05-28-2015, 03:52 PM #1
Hey Guy's!
Since a Long time I'm thinking of a Build of a Diesel Car with much Power.
Now, I'm Serious about getting that Project started in October and I'm looking for a good Base to build it.
First I was looking for a BMW 325TDS E36, Because I'm driving these BMW 3 Series with petrol Engines now for at least 5 Years, and also My Driftcar is one, so I have enough Spare Parts for that Car.
But at least it has huge Thermal Problems on Stock HP, so I'm pretty sure it will not be able to Handle 100% more Power for a long time...

So I was thinking of a Mercedes.
First about a W124 because I like their Stock look very much, only some lowering Springs and some Nice Wheels and they look very nice.
But at least they are Getting more and more expensive in Germany and I want to do kind of a Low Budget Project, sure a good Turbocharger will cost some Money but I want to keep the Costs a little bit low because for me it's just a little Project to get some Know How of how to tune a Diesel.
So at Least I'm looking for W210 300TD's, these should have the OM606, shouldn't they?
As I Read this Engine will handle that Power with the Serial Pistons etc, right?
How much Torque and HP Can the Original Automatic Gearbox handle? Are there some experiences?

Thank you, and please forgive me that I'm not writing English that well.
Greetings from Germany
Marcy
McMarcy
05-28-2015, 03:52 PM #1

Hey Guy's!
Since a Long time I'm thinking of a Build of a Diesel Car with much Power.
Now, I'm Serious about getting that Project started in October and I'm looking for a good Base to build it.
First I was looking for a BMW 325TDS E36, Because I'm driving these BMW 3 Series with petrol Engines now for at least 5 Years, and also My Driftcar is one, so I have enough Spare Parts for that Car.
But at least it has huge Thermal Problems on Stock HP, so I'm pretty sure it will not be able to Handle 100% more Power for a long time...

So I was thinking of a Mercedes.
First about a W124 because I like their Stock look very much, only some lowering Springs and some Nice Wheels and they look very nice.
But at least they are Getting more and more expensive in Germany and I want to do kind of a Low Budget Project, sure a good Turbocharger will cost some Money but I want to keep the Costs a little bit low because for me it's just a little Project to get some Know How of how to tune a Diesel.
So at Least I'm looking for W210 300TD's, these should have the OM606, shouldn't they?
As I Read this Engine will handle that Power with the Serial Pistons etc, right?
How much Torque and HP Can the Original Automatic Gearbox handle? Are there some experiences?

Thank you, and please forgive me that I'm not writing English that well.
Greetings from Germany
Marcy

Repetitio
GT2256V

05-31-2015, 04:53 AM #2
Hi McMarcy, i didn´t build a superturbodiesel my self yet, but i´m also looking forward to it after my exams Smile I think i am right if i tell you that a nice and cheap option in germany would also be a W202 C250 Turbodiesel. You get them in Germany really cheap with manual gearbox. There are already different projects in the forum. One guy did 385 bhp with the electical pump. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GITi-n9ZTU
so 300 hp with bigger elements and a remap should not be a problem too.
Repetitio
05-31-2015, 04:53 AM #2

Hi McMarcy, i didn´t build a superturbodiesel my self yet, but i´m also looking forward to it after my exams Smile I think i am right if i tell you that a nice and cheap option in germany would also be a W202 C250 Turbodiesel. You get them in Germany really cheap with manual gearbox. There are already different projects in the forum. One guy did 385 bhp with the electical pump. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GITi-n9ZTU
so 300 hp with bigger elements and a remap should not be a problem too.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average