STD Maintenance General HP by elements

HP by elements

HP by elements

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

scrubs
GTA2056V

05-26-2015, 10:47 AM #1
Hi, looking for some time now for a average HP by elements and still cannot find what I'm looking for.
Might be my lack of knowledge to word it correctly but the question goes,
What HP ratings are 6mm, 6.5mm, 7mm, 7.5mm, 8mm.
Thanks in advance
scrubs
05-26-2015, 10:47 AM #1

Hi, looking for some time now for a average HP by elements and still cannot find what I'm looking for.
Might be my lack of knowledge to word it correctly but the question goes,
What HP ratings are 6mm, 6.5mm, 7mm, 7.5mm, 8mm.
Thanks in advance

Duncansport
Holset

05-27-2015, 07:56 AM #2
As i understand it the new 7.5 elements could be good for +500 HP on a 606. Try not to think of it as (X)-size = (X)-HP. The larger elements have the advantage of injecting the same amount of fuel faster, this is very good as it helps reduce combustion temperatures as the fuel burn happens faster. 6mm elements will support a fair amount of power but at the expense of a long duration of injection.

I think the 8MM elements start to effect low speed driveabilty, some idle hunting etc..

There's a member on here who just made about 400 WHP with a 605 with 7.5mm elements. With about a %20 drive line loss that's 192HP per liter.
Duncansport
05-27-2015, 07:56 AM #2

As i understand it the new 7.5 elements could be good for +500 HP on a 606. Try not to think of it as (X)-size = (X)-HP. The larger elements have the advantage of injecting the same amount of fuel faster, this is very good as it helps reduce combustion temperatures as the fuel burn happens faster. 6mm elements will support a fair amount of power but at the expense of a long duration of injection.

I think the 8MM elements start to effect low speed driveabilty, some idle hunting etc..

There's a member on here who just made about 400 WHP with a 605 with 7.5mm elements. With about a %20 drive line loss that's 192HP per liter.

scrubs
GTA2056V

05-27-2015, 11:39 AM #3
Thank you for reply,
Wow bigger is not always better.

What has been a popular element for the DD?

I've installed a om617 into a land rover and found it struggling to matain highway speeds,70mph, in the tyipcal om617 situations,hills,headwinds,ect. Even went as far as to change the gears to 411's to help with the 33" tyres.

Currently researching the element size that might help over come the lack of HP at higher speeds is why the questions is asked.
scrubs
05-27-2015, 11:39 AM #3

Thank you for reply,
Wow bigger is not always better.

What has been a popular element for the DD?

I've installed a om617 into a land rover and found it struggling to matain highway speeds,70mph, in the tyipcal om617 situations,hills,headwinds,ect. Even went as far as to change the gears to 411's to help with the 33" tyres.

Currently researching the element size that might help over come the lack of HP at higher speeds is why the questions is asked.

Petar
7.5mm M pump

05-27-2015, 02:07 PM #4
As a really rough guesstimate you can divide CC per 1000 strokes by 2 and get an idea of power per cylinder.

This info is M pump only  !!
5.5mm elements- stock on most pumps, good for 55-maybe 60cc max. Not a lot of power.
6mm - stock on electronic 605 and 606 pumps, can be swapped into older mechanical pumps. Excellent driveability, just as good as 5,5mm elements. ~90cc max
6,5mm - They don't exist
7mm - most of these are not good for our engines, made for ford transit,noisy , lots of knocking at low idle, otherwise pretty decent at around ~120cc
7.5mm - specially designed for superturbo mercedes, not as quiet as 6 and 5.5mm at idle but still MUCH better than 7mm. 140-180cc depending on the element serie.
8mm - also specially designed for mercedes, these are be all perfomance elements. Noiser than 7.5mm , engine tends to hunt at idle, a bit harder to control at low rpm. But these are a BEAST !! around 250cc of fuel !!!
8.5mm - I've just heard about these supposedly PP-diesel uses these for superpumps. These are as big as it gets, anything bigger and there would be no barrel left lol. Even these are pushing it with quite thin barrels.

This is just a guideline to element size there are also different manufacturers of superpumps and they all use different elements. Dieselmeken, PP-diesel, myna etc.
All i know about them is that dieselmeken designs his own elements for his pumps.

Most popular DD elements are 6 and 7.5mm because of their excellent driveabilty and low noise.
This post was last modified: 05-27-2015, 02:08 PM by Petar.
Petar
05-27-2015, 02:07 PM #4

As a really rough guesstimate you can divide CC per 1000 strokes by 2 and get an idea of power per cylinder.

This info is M pump only  !!
5.5mm elements- stock on most pumps, good for 55-maybe 60cc max. Not a lot of power.
6mm - stock on electronic 605 and 606 pumps, can be swapped into older mechanical pumps. Excellent driveability, just as good as 5,5mm elements. ~90cc max
6,5mm - They don't exist
7mm - most of these are not good for our engines, made for ford transit,noisy , lots of knocking at low idle, otherwise pretty decent at around ~120cc
7.5mm - specially designed for superturbo mercedes, not as quiet as 6 and 5.5mm at idle but still MUCH better than 7mm. 140-180cc depending on the element serie.
8mm - also specially designed for mercedes, these are be all perfomance elements. Noiser than 7.5mm , engine tends to hunt at idle, a bit harder to control at low rpm. But these are a BEAST !! around 250cc of fuel !!!
8.5mm - I've just heard about these supposedly PP-diesel uses these for superpumps. These are as big as it gets, anything bigger and there would be no barrel left lol. Even these are pushing it with quite thin barrels.

This is just a guideline to element size there are also different manufacturers of superpumps and they all use different elements. Dieselmeken, PP-diesel, myna etc.
All i know about them is that dieselmeken designs his own elements for his pumps.

Most popular DD elements are 6 and 7.5mm because of their excellent driveabilty and low noise.

scrubs
GTA2056V

05-27-2015, 04:56 PM #5
Thank you very much, That was well enough explained to be made into a sticky for readers like myself.
scrubs
05-27-2015, 04:56 PM #5

Thank you very much, That was well enough explained to be made into a sticky for readers like myself.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average