STD Tuning Engine 606 KKK K14 Actuator Pics

606 KKK K14 Actuator Pics

606 KKK K14 Actuator Pics

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRDefender
Naturally-aspirated

05-19-2015, 04:39 PM #1
Hi,

What actuators are people using with the standard KKK K14 turbos?

Anyone got any pics of the setup they're using?

Am I right in thinking I need a boost actuated pull type actuator? Or do you just modify the linkage so a push type one works?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks, 
LRDefender
05-19-2015, 04:39 PM #1

Hi,

What actuators are people using with the standard KKK K14 turbos?

Anyone got any pics of the setup they're using?

Am I right in thinking I need a boost actuated pull type actuator? Or do you just modify the linkage so a push type one works?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks, 

barrote
Superturbo

05-20-2015, 02:23 PM #2
hy there,
well that depend on what u want the turbo to do!!! if u just want a boost build machine u can use any kind of actuator u want . the idea is just aleviate the WG when u have the desired pressure! of course if u use a vac device that will be more dificult to achieve, but can be done.
regards

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
05-20-2015, 02:23 PM #2

hy there,
well that depend on what u want the turbo to do!!! if u just want a boost build machine u can use any kind of actuator u want . the idea is just aleviate the WG when u have the desired pressure! of course if u use a vac device that will be more dificult to achieve, but can be done.
regards

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

Petar
7.5mm M pump

05-20-2015, 04:41 PM #3
You want a normal push type pressure actuated wastegate actuator. 
The stock wastegate is reversed actually it is normally open and it closes with vacuum.
Petar
05-20-2015, 04:41 PM #3

You want a normal push type pressure actuated wastegate actuator. 
The stock wastegate is reversed actually it is normally open and it closes with vacuum.

m1tch
GT2559V

05-21-2015, 07:54 AM #4
The stock turbo uses vacuum to basically pull the wastegate closed, normally turbos use boost actuation instead, the VNT turbos usually use a vacuum source instead of a boost source to change the vanes - this means that for my car I can use the stock setup to run a VNT turbo. A boost actuator is easier to control though as the turbo itself could produce the boost signal to operate it.
m1tch
05-21-2015, 07:54 AM #4

The stock turbo uses vacuum to basically pull the wastegate closed, normally turbos use boost actuation instead, the VNT turbos usually use a vacuum source instead of a boost source to change the vanes - this means that for my car I can use the stock setup to run a VNT turbo. A boost actuator is easier to control though as the turbo itself could produce the boost signal to operate it.

barrote
Superturbo

05-21-2015, 01:12 PM #5
hy there,
why are the WG actuators VAC controled? and VNT´s ? and some other features in your vehicles?
Well simple, vac usually is easy to produce, is clean and the presure devices it operates when needed can be set to produce half travel Wink , and above all they can be electrically operated throug a simple solenoid valve.
Well when most of our cars start to be produced with EGR systems, the turbo blowing in there was not a good thing, the reason why Exaust Gas was let into the inlet was to reduce O2. So a easy means of cancel the turbo efect was neded. nothing simpler than a logic circuit and a vac opetated actuator with a solenoid valve to control it.
with the apearence of the early VNT the same principle apies, except that the VNT is used to other things aswell.
Usually a normal vac system for WG control, is not able to control a VNT type turbine. But nevertheless in a system with a turbo Map, that can be achieved by rewriting the map, and as long as the system has the hardware.

FD,