STD Tuning Engine 606 exhaust build questions.....?

606 exhaust build questions.....?

606 exhaust build questions.....?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

elvis100
K26-2

05-16-2015, 04:14 AM #1
Good morning all.. I'll try to keep it short. I' m going to fit a 3 inch exhaust to my G like the one on dieselpump UK.. Great work there if you have not visited. It has a std length silencer and the pipe exits in front of the rear wheel. Should i use a short length of flexi coupling just after the turbo? This would be a weak point as the old factory one split here, it would also have to be a clamp on or bolt on connection so it could be replaced if it did split.. Gases can also escape at these joints.
   Would it vibrate or move too much for the rubber silencer hangers to handle if no flexi used?
elvis100
05-16-2015, 04:14 AM #1

Good morning all.. I'll try to keep it short. I' m going to fit a 3 inch exhaust to my G like the one on dieselpump UK.. Great work there if you have not visited. It has a std length silencer and the pipe exits in front of the rear wheel. Should i use a short length of flexi coupling just after the turbo? This would be a weak point as the old factory one split here, it would also have to be a clamp on or bolt on connection so it could be replaced if it did split.. Gases can also escape at these joints.
   Would it vibrate or move too much for the rubber silencer hangers to handle if no flexi used?

AlanMcR
mind - blown

05-17-2015, 09:45 PM #2
(05-16-2015, 04:14 AM)elvis100 Good morning all.. I'll try to keep it short. I' m going to fit a 3 inch exhaust to my G like the one on dieselpump UK.. Great work there if you have not visited. It has a std length silencer and the pipe exits in front of the rear wheel. Should i use a short length of flexi coupling just after the turbo? This would be a weak point as the old factory one split here, it would also have to be a clamp on or bolt on connection so it could be replaced if it did split.. Gases can also escape at these joints.

W460 or W463?  A lot of the pipe routing depends on that. 
I have a factory built G with the OM606.  As part of a project to install an extended range tank I needed to remove the cross over portion of the exhaust system.  I went with 2.5" and it seems to breathe well and also stay quiet.  The only "muffler" part is a stainless steel packed straight through muffler that sits on the passenger side between the mounts for the leading and trailing arms.  Just before that I put in a flex joint.  It isn't clear that it is needed for vibration.  I wanted it more to allow the system to flex if I dropped the muffler down on a rock.
AlanMcR
05-17-2015, 09:45 PM #2

(05-16-2015, 04:14 AM)elvis100 Good morning all.. I'll try to keep it short. I' m going to fit a 3 inch exhaust to my G like the one on dieselpump UK.. Great work there if you have not visited. It has a std length silencer and the pipe exits in front of the rear wheel. Should i use a short length of flexi coupling just after the turbo? This would be a weak point as the old factory one split here, it would also have to be a clamp on or bolt on connection so it could be replaced if it did split.. Gases can also escape at these joints.

W460 or W463?  A lot of the pipe routing depends on that. 
I have a factory built G with the OM606.  As part of a project to install an extended range tank I needed to remove the cross over portion of the exhaust system.  I went with 2.5" and it seems to breathe well and also stay quiet.  The only "muffler" part is a stainless steel packed straight through muffler that sits on the passenger side between the mounts for the leading and trailing arms.  Just before that I put in a flex joint.  It isn't clear that it is needed for vibration.  I wanted it more to allow the system to flex if I dropped the muffler down on a rock.

elvis100
K26-2

05-24-2015, 04:28 AM #3
is anyone running a 3.5 inch downpipe? I may start with 3.5 to a 3 inch muffler and exit pipe. Any reason why not???
elvis100
05-24-2015, 04:28 AM #3

is anyone running a 3.5 inch downpipe? I may start with 3.5 to a 3 inch muffler and exit pipe. Any reason why not???

kashi123
K26-2

05-24-2015, 09:49 AM #4
Hi Elvis,

I run a 80 mm which is nearly 3.5 inch flexible down pipe to 80mm muffler below the driver (rhd) under the sill with a side exit. You will need a mild bodylift though to ket the flexi pipe clear the chassis and bosy with this route.

By the way, you wouldnt be the elvis from difflock forum who lives in Wales?

Cheers

Richard
kashi123
05-24-2015, 09:49 AM #4

Hi Elvis,

I run a 80 mm which is nearly 3.5 inch flexible down pipe to 80mm muffler below the driver (rhd) under the sill with a side exit. You will need a mild bodylift though to ket the flexi pipe clear the chassis and bosy with this route.

By the way, you wouldnt be the elvis from difflock forum who lives in Wales?

Cheers

Richard

elvis100
K26-2

05-25-2015, 02:31 AM #5
Cheers.I may try that..I do live in Wales but I don't think I'm on difflock ..there's only one king
elvis100
05-25-2015, 02:31 AM #5

Cheers.I may try that..I do live in Wales but I don't think I'm on difflock ..there's only one king

kashi123
K26-2

05-25-2015, 02:55 AM #6
A little less  conversation, a little more traction please? ?
This was many years ago..

By the way, where have you placed your EGT probe?
Cheers

Richard
kashi123
05-25-2015, 02:55 AM #6

A little less  conversation, a little more traction please? ?
This was many years ago..

By the way, where have you placed your EGT probe?
Cheers

Richard

elvis100
K26-2

05-27-2015, 05:42 PM #7
Went off road today...got all shook up..EGT is in the old egr hole at end of manifold it's about 6 inches long so extends across 2 cylinders..
elvis100
05-27-2015, 05:42 PM #7

Went off road today...got all shook up..EGT is in the old egr hole at end of manifold it's about 6 inches long so extends across 2 cylinders..

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average