STD Tuning Engine OM606.961 - Missing at idle whem warm

OM606.961 - Missing at idle whem warm

OM606.961 - Missing at idle whem warm

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rallyus
K26-2

05-12-2015, 06:48 AM #1
Hi all,

I have a recently developed problem with my OM606.961.

Starting cold everything is fine and the car idles well.

When warm, and specially with air conditioning on, the car has a lumpy idle. The engine even shakes the car with a rocking motion. If I open one door I can even see the door going up and down due to this.

Another symptom is a great difficulty in starting the engine whem warm. It sound like it starts firing in 2. then 3, then 4 and finally 6 cylinders.

And another one: In 500 km's the oil level dropped from full to half. After this the oild level doens't drop so much, but If i get the level to the max, it digests the oild really fast.

Engine mounts are new. 4 or 5 months ago I took the intercooler out to clean it and a significant amount of oil was inside it and inside the entire intake system.

If I unplug the oil vent tube that connects right before the turbo, I can see a significant amount of oil vapour jetting out.

The car has 485.000 Km's. Is it time for a rebuild or a new (used) engine?
Rallyus
05-12-2015, 06:48 AM #1

Hi all,

I have a recently developed problem with my OM606.961.

Starting cold everything is fine and the car idles well.

When warm, and specially with air conditioning on, the car has a lumpy idle. The engine even shakes the car with a rocking motion. If I open one door I can even see the door going up and down due to this.

Another symptom is a great difficulty in starting the engine whem warm. It sound like it starts firing in 2. then 3, then 4 and finally 6 cylinders.

And another one: In 500 km's the oil level dropped from full to half. After this the oild level doens't drop so much, but If i get the level to the max, it digests the oild really fast.

Engine mounts are new. 4 or 5 months ago I took the intercooler out to clean it and a significant amount of oil was inside it and inside the entire intake system.

If I unplug the oil vent tube that connects right before the turbo, I can see a significant amount of oil vapour jetting out.

The car has 485.000 Km's. Is it time for a rebuild or a new (used) engine?

barrote
Superturbo

05-12-2015, 11:18 AM #2
try o open the engine breather to atmosphere, remove it at the valve cover and report back.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
05-12-2015, 11:18 AM #2

try o open the engine breather to atmosphere, remove it at the valve cover and report back.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

Rallyus
K26-2

05-12-2015, 11:48 AM #3
Do not understand how splattering oild all over my engine compartment will help diagnose the missing at idle?
Rallyus
05-12-2015, 11:48 AM #3

Do not understand how splattering oild all over my engine compartment will help diagnose the missing at idle?

barrote
Superturbo

05-12-2015, 01:13 PM #4
if everithing is ok , oil wont come out . only vapour and in small amount. mysteries my friend thats what we are after.
no damaged/worn engine will play as u did reported, when hot. and it is oil related, no engine will stop burning oil once it starts.
but there are mysteries,
u can start watch the idle hunting when hot? if so is diesel missing. air bubles in the system. O ring failure.

FD,