STD Tuning Engine Fuel delivery to IP upgrade?

Fuel delivery to IP upgrade?

Fuel delivery to IP upgrade?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

m1tch
GT2559V

05-08-2015, 02:07 AM #1
Hi all,

I am looking at options around fuel delivery to the standard fuel pump, I am looking to add in an inline pump at the tank end to reduce the apparent issues with the stock lift pump - eg it can cause bubbles in the line due to the amount of vacuum it produces to draw the fuel from the tank.

Has anyone fitted a basic inline pump at the tank end to ensure a good fuel flow to the IP - guessing that this would become more of an issue with larger elements as the demand for fuel would increase further.

I have also seen that you can increase the internal pump pressure to help with the filling of the elements - how is this done? I am thinking that its much like a standard FPR on fuel railed engines?

Also, are there any swap overs I can do from other pumps to add in a priming pump on the OM606 pump? It seems that previous pumps from say the OM603 have a primer but the OM606 doesn't - would be useful when doing fuel filter changes or line changes!
m1tch
05-08-2015, 02:07 AM #1

Hi all,

I am looking at options around fuel delivery to the standard fuel pump, I am looking to add in an inline pump at the tank end to reduce the apparent issues with the stock lift pump - eg it can cause bubbles in the line due to the amount of vacuum it produces to draw the fuel from the tank.

Has anyone fitted a basic inline pump at the tank end to ensure a good fuel flow to the IP - guessing that this would become more of an issue with larger elements as the demand for fuel would increase further.

I have also seen that you can increase the internal pump pressure to help with the filling of the elements - how is this done? I am thinking that its much like a standard FPR on fuel railed engines?

Also, are there any swap overs I can do from other pumps to add in a priming pump on the OM606 pump? It seems that previous pumps from say the OM603 have a primer but the OM606 doesn't - would be useful when doing fuel filter changes or line changes!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average