STD Tuning Engine Piggyback ECU/remappable chip options

Piggyback ECU/remappable chip options

Piggyback ECU/remappable chip options

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

m1tch
GT2559V

05-07-2015, 07:49 AM #1
Hi all,

Just looking into ECU tuning options on my E300 turbodiesel, I know that you can get the car chipped to change the map - is the stock chip reflashable at all or do you need to replace the chip with a different one to enable remapping?

I am tempted to simply run a simple piggyback ECU on top of the stock ECU which will allow me to alter the signals going to the IP rack as well as the boost transducer.

I know that the engine has some fairly simple sensors which I guess I could fool into different values by using resistors - this would retain the stock map but increase the fueling and boost as it would make the ECU think it is injecting less fuel than it is.

Just working through options when I do run a different turbo and element setup.
m1tch
05-07-2015, 07:49 AM #1

Hi all,

Just looking into ECU tuning options on my E300 turbodiesel, I know that you can get the car chipped to change the map - is the stock chip reflashable at all or do you need to replace the chip with a different one to enable remapping?

I am tempted to simply run a simple piggyback ECU on top of the stock ECU which will allow me to alter the signals going to the IP rack as well as the boost transducer.

I know that the engine has some fairly simple sensors which I guess I could fool into different values by using resistors - this would retain the stock map but increase the fueling and boost as it would make the ECU think it is injecting less fuel than it is.

Just working through options when I do run a different turbo and element setup.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average