STD Tuning Engine 603 Pump questions - Shut off valve and Turbo queries

603 Pump questions - Shut off valve and Turbo queries

603 Pump questions - Shut off valve and Turbo queries

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRDefender
Naturally-aspirated

04-30-2015, 05:54 PM #1
Hi everyone,

I have a few more questions as my project develops if you could help that would be great. These maybe numpty questions to you but I don't know the answers.

This is the pump I believe from a manual car, is there a difference between this and other pumps? What are the two lumps on the back of the pump? They have electrical connections on them do these need to be connected for the pump to work or can I just leave them disconnected?

Is this pump the standard 147BHP version or is this different? The number is:

What is the part number I need for a 12v vacuum shut off valve? (Found a thread on here about but forgot to bookmark it and now for the life of me cannot find it!!!). Does the pump then switch the engine off or does the stop lever also need to be pressed?

Last question does anyone know what boost actuator I need to convert the turbo from vacuum to boost? Am I right that the turbo on the OM606 is a KKK K14? I found this but it's from Taiwan so not sure whether I'll get exactly what I need and whether the quality will be any good: KKK K14 Actuator.

A massive thank you to anyone who can help to answer any of these questions.
This post was last modified: 04-30-2015, 06:02 PM by LRDefender.
LRDefender
04-30-2015, 05:54 PM #1

Hi everyone,

I have a few more questions as my project develops if you could help that would be great. These maybe numpty questions to you but I don't know the answers.

This is the pump I believe from a manual car, is there a difference between this and other pumps? What are the two lumps on the back of the pump? They have electrical connections on them do these need to be connected for the pump to work or can I just leave them disconnected?

Is this pump the standard 147BHP version or is this different? The number is:

What is the part number I need for a 12v vacuum shut off valve? (Found a thread on here about but forgot to bookmark it and now for the life of me cannot find it!!!). Does the pump then switch the engine off or does the stop lever also need to be pressed?

Last question does anyone know what boost actuator I need to convert the turbo from vacuum to boost? Am I right that the turbo on the OM606 is a KKK K14? I found this but it's from Taiwan so not sure whether I'll get exactly what I need and whether the quality will be any good: KKK K14 Actuator.

A massive thank you to anyone who can help to answer any of these questions.

barrote
Superturbo

05-01-2015, 10:34 AM #2
hello there,
that pump is a normal pump wich was fitted in a car with air conditioner and EGR system.
starting with the pump, "PES 6M" means small automotive in line pump for 6 cyl engine type M. 55 C means 5.5mm element fitting development code C. 320 is governor RPM in idle, RS 171 stands for RSF governor and governor pheriferals development code 171.

so, the electromagnetic actuator in the back botom when actuated reduces fueling, by 10/15%, the other one increases idle speed, and improuves quality of idle.

what else to stop this unit u need to feed vac to the stop capsule, u can draw many types of circuits or vac switches , it maters litle , to stop the unit u need to suply vac to the stop caosule, or maybe if u able u can replace it by a electrical home made.

about the turbo actuator , well most WG turbos like the kkk14 wich in 606 should be a kkk24 , can be set with a WG actuator controlled by vac or by boost press. is up to u to choose. your local spare shop should be able to provide u na aftermarket solution for those things, what u need to be in knowledge is the prressure they will operate.
regards

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
05-01-2015, 10:34 AM #2

hello there,
that pump is a normal pump wich was fitted in a car with air conditioner and EGR system.
starting with the pump, "PES 6M" means small automotive in line pump for 6 cyl engine type M. 55 C means 5.5mm element fitting development code C. 320 is governor RPM in idle, RS 171 stands for RSF governor and governor pheriferals development code 171.

so, the electromagnetic actuator in the back botom when actuated reduces fueling, by 10/15%, the other one increases idle speed, and improuves quality of idle.

what else to stop this unit u need to feed vac to the stop capsule, u can draw many types of circuits or vac switches , it maters litle , to stop the unit u need to suply vac to the stop caosule, or maybe if u able u can replace it by a electrical home made.

about the turbo actuator , well most WG turbos like the kkk14 wich in 606 should be a kkk24 , can be set with a WG actuator controlled by vac or by boost press. is up to u to choose. your local spare shop should be able to provide u na aftermarket solution for those things, what u need to be in knowledge is the prressure they will operate.
regards

FD,