STD Tuning Drivetrain Best 722.6 for m606

Best 722.6 for m606

Best 722.6 for m606

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

tricipiti
K26-2

04-18-2015, 01:18 PM #1
i will put om606 on my w124,and want to use 722.6 trans with olefejer kit.wich model of 722.6 is the best for that engine?
722.7 from 320cdi is the same bellhousing?
tricipiti
04-18-2015, 01:18 PM #1

i will put om606 on my w124,and want to use 722.6 trans with olefejer kit.wich model of 722.6 is the best for that engine?
722.7 from 320cdi is the same bellhousing?

hents99
GT2256V

04-18-2015, 01:53 PM #2
320CDI (OM613) has different bellhousing than OM606. You can swap bellhousings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.elbe.ee - MB performance parts.
hents99
04-18-2015, 01:53 PM #2

320CDI (OM613) has different bellhousing than OM606. You can swap bellhousings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.elbe.ee - MB performance parts.

whipplem104
Holset

04-19-2015, 09:30 AM #3
I feel like this question gets asked a lot about these swaps in general. The bottom line is that it really depends on what your plans for the car are. The transmissions that have the correct bell housing and torque converter are only from the m111, m104, and om606 engines. You need these parts. The problem with these transmissions is that really they are not built to handle a lot of abuse. The one from the om606 is better but just marginally. And unless they were replaced with a rebuilt unit from the factory at some point they have the bushing instead of the roller bearing in between the input shaft and output shaft.
The best thing to do if you are planning on making any power at all is to get one of the above mentioned and also get a late model v8 equipped cars transmission and swap the bell housing and use the correct converter. And honestly have the clearances tightened up when it is apart.
whipplem104
04-19-2015, 09:30 AM #3

I feel like this question gets asked a lot about these swaps in general. The bottom line is that it really depends on what your plans for the car are. The transmissions that have the correct bell housing and torque converter are only from the m111, m104, and om606 engines. You need these parts. The problem with these transmissions is that really they are not built to handle a lot of abuse. The one from the om606 is better but just marginally. And unless they were replaced with a rebuilt unit from the factory at some point they have the bushing instead of the roller bearing in between the input shaft and output shaft.
The best thing to do if you are planning on making any power at all is to get one of the above mentioned and also get a late model v8 equipped cars transmission and swap the bell housing and use the correct converter. And honestly have the clearances tightened up when it is apart.

Duncansport
Holset

04-19-2015, 11:18 AM #4
(04-19-2015, 09:30 AM)whipplem104 I feel like this question gets asked a lot about these swaps in general. The bottom line is that it really depends on what  your plans for the car are. The transmissions that have the correct bell housing and torque converter are only from the m111, m104, and om606 engines. You need these parts. The problem with these transmissions is that really they are not built to handle a lot of abuse. The one from the om606 is better but just marginally. And unless they were replaced with a rebuilt unit from the factory at some point they have the bushing instead of the roller bearing in between the input shaft and output shaft.

I'd recommend talking with the moderator and setting up a good sticky about .6 swaps and info. You're the definitive expert on the subject.
Duncansport
04-19-2015, 11:18 AM #4

(04-19-2015, 09:30 AM)whipplem104 I feel like this question gets asked a lot about these swaps in general. The bottom line is that it really depends on what  your plans for the car are. The transmissions that have the correct bell housing and torque converter are only from the m111, m104, and om606 engines. You need these parts. The problem with these transmissions is that really they are not built to handle a lot of abuse. The one from the om606 is better but just marginally. And unless they were replaced with a rebuilt unit from the factory at some point they have the bushing instead of the roller bearing in between the input shaft and output shaft.

I'd recommend talking with the moderator and setting up a good sticky about .6 swaps and info. You're the definitive expert on the subject.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average