STD Maintenance General Newbie: What to look for in a 300D turbo

Newbie: What to look for in a 300D turbo

Newbie: What to look for in a 300D turbo

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

jwicaksana
Unregistered

08-30-2009, 09:10 AM #1
hello guys i am jonathan from jakarta indonesia..
it's great that i found this forum as i happen to hava a lot of questions about w123 300D turbo..
currently i own a w123 280e that runs great and all, but i couldn't help falling in love when a friend of mine sent me pictures of one diesel w123 that is on sale..

this car is a 280e model that has the om617 3000cc turbo engine swapped in..
diesel mercedes are absolutely rare in indonesia but i heard it is very popular around the world..

i am considering seriously about buying this car and i will be thrilled if you guys could help me with facts and tips around this beautiful model, what to look for, what to be careful of when i am 'auditioning' the one that i'm about to buy..

thanks a lot for your help..Big Grin
jwicaksana
08-30-2009, 09:10 AM #1

hello guys i am jonathan from jakarta indonesia..
it's great that i found this forum as i happen to hava a lot of questions about w123 300D turbo..
currently i own a w123 280e that runs great and all, but i couldn't help falling in love when a friend of mine sent me pictures of one diesel w123 that is on sale..

this car is a 280e model that has the om617 3000cc turbo engine swapped in..
diesel mercedes are absolutely rare in indonesia but i heard it is very popular around the world..

i am considering seriously about buying this car and i will be thrilled if you guys could help me with facts and tips around this beautiful model, what to look for, what to be careful of when i am 'auditioning' the one that i'm about to buy..

thanks a lot for your help..Big Grin

willbhere4u
Six in a row make her go!

08-30-2009, 08:31 PM #2
look for rust! as for the engine see how well it starts and how much it smokes it should run pretty clean unless you rev it and even then they don't smoke much! see how well it shifts and look for oil leaks! if it was a conversion look at the engine mounts and how well it all fits together! do all of the gauges work?

1987 300SDL 6spd manual om606.962 swap project
1985 300td euro 5spd wagon running
willbhere4u
08-30-2009, 08:31 PM #2

look for rust! as for the engine see how well it starts and how much it smokes it should run pretty clean unless you rev it and even then they don't smoke much! see how well it shifts and look for oil leaks! if it was a conversion look at the engine mounts and how well it all fits together! do all of the gauges work?

1987 300SDL 6spd manual om606.962 swap project
1985 300td euro 5spd wagon running

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average