STD Tuning Engine coolant overflow

coolant overflow

coolant overflow

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sjevsspeed.nl
twincharged

04-06-2015, 04:53 AM #1
Just did an om606 swap into a w124.
Blocked of the return line that goes to the head on the om603 . But the overflow on the cap if the coolant tank keeps overflowing. the radiator doesnt have an overflow nipple.
can u blok it of safely?
Sjevsspeed.nl
04-06-2015, 04:53 AM #1

Just did an om606 swap into a w124.
Blocked of the return line that goes to the head on the om603 . But the overflow on the cap if the coolant tank keeps overflowing. the radiator doesnt have an overflow nipple.
can u blok it of safely?

Hario'
C300TD Wagon (W202)

04-08-2015, 05:54 AM #2
SOunds like you have an airlock in your system which is expanding when hot and throwing water.

Installed:

OM606/722.6, big IC, W220 brakes.
Planned:
DIY manifold, compound, 722.6 controller, built IP.
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]
Hario'
04-08-2015, 05:54 AM #2

SOunds like you have an airlock in your system which is expanding when hot and throwing water.

Installed:

OM606/722.6, big IC, W220 brakes.
Planned:
DIY manifold, compound, 722.6 controller, built IP.
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]

barrote
Superturbo

04-09-2015, 03:37 AM #3
the w 124 can run with the open reservoir!!! , the back of the head exit usually is used for heating demisting etc, but the thing is that is has a cooling function as well, even if u´r not using the heating system.
what happens is that the system is pressurized, being the expansion vassel the most higher of the componentes. solution all the high points on the system must have and be able to be bleed.
if your radiator does not have a auto bleed, u must have a means of bleeding it, same as the back head exit. the thermostatic valve has a bolt for bleeding,
once the system is bled and the expansion vassel is still overflowing, u know what happened!!! bad luck.
regards

FD,